HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 23, 2015, 7:58 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy View Post
Hate to say, but this would be the typical suburban office tower in Houston.
Seconded - or rather "thirded". I agree. It's a whole lotta meh for me. This and even Colorado Tower are so...business like. I know they're office towers and so they are about business, but they're pretty boring actually. I know not every building can be like the Frost Bank Tower, but so far I'm liking the residential buildings we've been getting way more than the office proposals. I think this building will have nice elements, but from afar it'll just be another one in the pack.

This is a good example of why I'd like to see more mixed use towers. Office towers typically like to have large floorplates since companies don't want their workers spread across multiple floors. This decreases the chance and ability to have interesting setbacks or not having them be some hulking mass of meh. I'd rather see office floors on the lower part of a tower with residential or hotel stacked on top in setback floors to break up the monotony.

I don't know. This building will be hidden pretty well, so it's not so bad I guess. It probably won't even show up in a lot of skyline views.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin