HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 6:05 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
The swap out of the Public Belt to the port and the wharves to the city is one of those big transformative projects much like the Lafitte Greenway is turning out to be. Can't wait to see what the plans look like for a linear park along the river. Completely agree on the streetcar line extension too. Much easier to get the line extended down the river to Poland Ave. now.
I'm curious since Eskew, Dumez, and Ripple designed the reinventing the crescent/crescent park, if they already have a design in place for the wharves that the city will use.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 7:31 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
I'm curious since Eskew, Dumez, and Ripple designed the reinventing the crescent/crescent park, if they already have a design in place for the wharves that the city will use.
One would think continuity is very important... will be interesting to see... connecting all the pieces along with the moonwalk renovation,ferry terminal redesign and spanish plaza rehab and the four seasons will make for a nice run from riverwalk all the way to the bywater... and whatever they decide to do withbywater naval facility long term should make it a great expanse of riverfront

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 8:09 PM
-

New Orleans Bike Share

The City of New Orleans, in partnership with Social Bicycles, Inc external link external link (SoBi), is preparing to launch bike share, a new and affordable transportation system for residents to move through the city. Our bike share program will launch in Fall 2017. Check here regularly for updates and how to participate.

ONLINE VOTING HAS LAUNCHED! Click here external linkexternal link or the image below to vote for prefered station alternatives. Your input will help us reduce many station options to the initial 70 at launch. Voting ends June 18th.

Vote for the ones by my house on Villere Street

https://www.nola.gov/bike-share/

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 8:11 PM
-

2201 Orleans Ave·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #17-19926-RNVN ·Ref Code: P31EQW
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
Eckys Enterprises LLC
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
6/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Renovate vacant commercial building - paintig, minor sheetrock repair, minor plumbing, minor electrical, minor mechanical. No use and occupancy under this permit. No exterior work except painting.
1 note

934 Canal St·Demolition ·Ref Code: KGLK1E
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Hammy Halum
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/8/2017
Closed:
No
Description
HDLC-Light demo work inside of the building

djsnola
1500 Canal St·Accessory Structure ·Ref Code: Z5MU4A
Type:
Accessory Structure
Applicant:
Michael Barr
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/6/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Two entrance canopies. One on Canal Street (17'6"Wide x 9’ Projection x 30 ¼" tall. One on LasSalle Street (38’ Wide x 11'2" projection x 20 5/8" tall. All constructed from aluminum

5300-5302 Canal Blvd,·Demolition ·Ref Code: RCMUGJ
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Josh Gautreau
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/8/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Application for the Neighborhood Conservation District Committee and Demo Permit

130-year-old New Orleans church breaks ground on $6.2 million renovation

https://nola.curbed.com/2017/6/8/157...ion-renovation

The Standard (6/8/17)

*my uber was going by really fast but did the best I could with the pics*

The Jung:

Last edited by tennis1400; Jun 8, 2017 at 8:23 PM.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 9:01 PM
-

Amazing view of our progress at the Ochsner West Tower Expansion and the Central Plant

Old Posted Jun 8, 2017, 10:21 PM
NOLA Razorback

Deep South Studios

As always thanks for the pics! Lot's going on, The Standard is really shaping up nicely.

I'd like to announce, I drove over to Algiers early and Deep South studios IS under construction! They have one sound stage about framed up, with a bunch of other pilings and foundation work going on throughout the property. There were crews out there working when I drove by! Happy to see that project moving forwards!

And NOLA-Metairie metro is #5 in the US for top growing cities for millennials! http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...w_orleans.html

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 2:10 AM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
The swap out of the Public Belt to the port and the wharves to the city is one of those big transformative projects much like the Lafitte Greenway is turning out to be. Can't wait to see what the plans look like for a linear park along the river. Completely agree on the streetcar line extension too. Much easier to get the line extended down the river to Poland Ave. now.
To me, it now seems more difficult to extend the streetcar. The Riverfront Line was only possible in the first place because the city controlled the Public Belt and could force the Belt to turn over half their right of way for streetcar tracks. Now that the city is relinquishing control, RTA will have to go to the Port if they ever want to extend the streetcar inside railroad right-of-way. The alternative is eliminating parkland which is less than desirable...

Another big issue is getting the streetcars across active freight rail tracks at Press St by NOCCA... the streetcar runs lakeside of the freight tracks, but they'll have to cross if the streetcar is to go down to Poland Ave. Same problem that the Elysian Fields line has.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

Amazing view of our progress at the Ochsner West Tower Expansion and the Central Plant
I'm really excited to see everything Oschner is doing along the Jefferson Highway corridor. We moved to Old Jefferson about 5 years ago, largely because it was less expensive than Uptown, but offered us many of the same amenities. I ride the MRT to Oak St. on my bicycle or skateboard at least once or twice a week. I just wish Jefferson Parish would take some steps to make Jefferson Highway more bicycle and pedestrian friendly.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post

5300-5302 Canal Blvd,·Demolition ·Ref Code: RCMUGJ
Type:
Demolition
Applicant:
Josh Gautreau
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
6/8/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Application for the Neighborhood Conservation District Committee and Demo Permit

Does anyone know what may be planned for this property?

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 2:29 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by York1 View Post
Does anyone know what may be planned for this property?
No clue but it's owned by that giant church that is behind it . So I'm assuming something to do with that

Old Posted Jun 9, 2017, 3:16 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Legend View Post
I'm really excited to see everything Oschner is doing along the Jefferson Highway corridor. We moved to Old Jefferson about 5 years ago, largely because it was less expensive than Uptown, but offered us many of the same amenities. I ride the MRT to Oak St. on my bicycle or skateboard at least once or twice a week. I just wish Jefferson Parish would take some steps to make Jefferson Highway more bicycle and pedestrian friendly.
Your correct .. jefferson has a great oppurtunity to reshape the area between the parish line and causeway.. hope they take it

Old Posted Jun 10, 2017, 11:51 PM
-

Old Posted Jun 10, 2017, 11:54 PM
-

Old Posted Jun 10, 2017, 11:57 PM
-

Old Posted Jun 11, 2017, 12:01 AM
-

Old Posted Jun 13, 2017, 11:50 PM

California Building

Happened upon a site for the California Building.

http://1111tulane.com/

Old Posted Jun 14, 2017, 3:08 AM

Galvez Street neutral ground bike path proposed

Old Posted Jun 14, 2017, 2:35 PM

It appears Delta airlines will be going after some of the Alaska Airlines traffic and will be launching weekend service to Seattle from New Orleans in 2018. As of now, it appears the service is seasonal as well.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2017, 4:13 PM

Plaza tower

I drove pass the plaza tower yesterday. Does anyone know of any latest info on What happening with this building?!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 2:45 PM

I've heard that Jaegar is the owner and has been sitting on it but has privately considered offers to sell. There are some engineering issues that have scared away at least one potential buyer/develper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Tiger View Post
I drove pass the plaza tower yesterday. Does anyone know of any latest info on What happening with this building?!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations