HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

About The Ads  This week the ad company used in the forum will be monitoring activity and doing some tests to identify any problems which users may be experiencing. If at any time this week you get pop-ups, redirects, etc. as a result of ads please let us know by sending an email to forum@skyscraperpage.com or post in the ads complaint thread. Thank you for your participation.


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 9:44 PM
East2Westback East2Westback is offline
NYC Rick
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tappan, New York
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
I was saying that for a joke, but fyi, most of the BSU fans are not LDS since Boise is only about 15% LDS, also the team is predominately Catholic including Kellen Moore. LDS are mainly in eastern Idaho, especially in ISU.
If you look at population statistics, 15% of any city is a lot of people.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 10:22 PM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKid View Post
I was saying that for a joke, but fyi, most of the BSU fans are not LDS since Boise is only about 15% LDS, also the team is predominately Catholic including Kellen Moore. LDS are mainly in eastern Idaho, especially in ISU.
actually last I've seen it done (stats that is).. boise is only 10% LDS and shrinking... but that is besides the point.. I don't care what religion you are when it comes to anything especially sports...

I just think it's funny when bsu beats MWC teams consistently.. and then members of that conference and fans of those teams want to say bsu is not as good as them... I don't care how you want to spin it.. wins are wins.. no matter how much "harder" your conference schedule is..

I'm interested to see how colorado state does against idaho..if they lose to idaho.. I will laugh my ass off...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 10:33 PM
Cottonwood Cottonwood is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Boise
Posts: 4,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by East2Westback View Post
If you look at population statistics, 15% of any city is a lot of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
actually last I've seen it done (stats that is).. boise is only 10% LDS and shrinking... but that is besides the point.. I don't care what religion you are when it comes to anything especially sports...

I just think it's funny when bsu beats MWC teams consistently.. and then members of that conference and fans of those teams want to say bsu is not as good as them... I don't care how you want to spin it.. wins are wins.. no matter how much "harder" your conference schedule is..

I'm interested to see how colorado state does against idaho..if they lose to idaho.. I will laugh my ass off...
Hmmmmm. Maybe this is the reason Boise, especially downtown has so many coffee houses, wine bars, martini bars, and they are always packed. I believe Boise's largest religious faith is Roman Catholic. But you don't have to be on what might be considered the Lords Side to be a success as long as everyone gets along and plays well!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Sep 24, 2009, 10:34 PM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by East2Westback View Post
You do not lose respect when " and well you lose all your gains from the previous year when your last years conference champ loses out to oregon"..

Utah lost a lot of its stud players and has many first year players learning on the fly. We played like a team with a lot of new players and we still almost won in Eugene. Autzen is one of the toughest places to win anywhere. So goes life when you are in a rebuild mode. BYU lost to Florida State, which is much better than its previous last few years. Big deal... I do not like BY High but beating Oklahoma is a pretty nice feather in the cap.

Boise State is a very good program and no one can say enough on how far they have come.

I would love to see them in the MWC. The rest of the WAC can stay home...well I like Fresno State also. I did find it hilarious that SDSU lost to Idaho.

You do not lose your gains by one loss. Also, no matter how you cut it the MWC has national respect. No fan of Utah, BY High or TCU does not realize that you can have losses.

The WAC...has you and really that is it.
yadda yadda yadda... I guess if you want to say its lame you're welcome to that...
opinions are like assholes...
but I do believe bsu beat oregen in Autzen..
and then you and others want to sit and justify saying utah and other mw teams are consistently better teams than bsu because of schedule.. wins are wins man.. losses are losses...you will always be able to dog on another conference team even when they're good because you don't regularly play them to be able to put your money where your mouth is.. that's how sports fan mentality is...
I would actually agree with you on boise state being in the MWC atleast for a couple years so they can actually woop mw ass on a more regular basis... lest ye forget
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 4:12 AM
utenation's Avatar
utenation utenation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
actually last I've seen it done (stats that is).. boise is only 10% LDS and shrinking... but that is besides the point.. I don't care what religion you are when it comes to anything especially sports...

I just think it's funny when bsu beats MWC teams consistently.. and then members of that conference and fans of those teams want to say bsu is not as good as them... I don't care how you want to spin it.. wins are wins.. no matter how much "harder" your conference schedule is..

I'm interested to see how colorado state does against idaho..if they lose to idaho.. I will laugh my ass off...
Wow. Boiseguy is posting numbers again.. I always get nervous when this guy posts numbers.. I really don't follow those type of stats so I'll just assume he's right...

Boiseguy, you should really just stay away from football logic, it's not your strong suit...

I don't even think you could name 3 players on BSU's roster without looking it up...

But I'm looking forward to more BSU to the P10 logic... Carry on Chief..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 4:19 AM
utenation's Avatar
utenation utenation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
yadda yadda yadda... I guess if you want to
but I do believe bsu beat oregen in Autzen..
Who is "Oregen"? BTW didn't BSU knock out Masoli in the first half of that game on an illegal play? Pretty easy to get a win when their star QB is out with a concussion from a late hit..


BSU is 1-9 against BCS teams on the road, including a loss to last place Washington in 2007... Now compare that to the Top of the MWC bucko..


We live in a BCS world where we are judged by how we play those teams, not WAC vs MWC..

By the time you give up on this thread, you will have learned so much about CFB, you can write a book...

I'm here to help you with your education...

Last edited by utenation; Sep 25, 2009 at 4:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 5:01 AM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
Who is "Oregen"? BTW didn't BSU knock out Masoli in the first half of that game on an illegal play? Pretty easy to get a win when their star QB is out with a concussion from a late hit..


BSU is 1-9 against BCS teams on the road, including a loss to last place Washington in 2007... Now compare that to the Top of the MWC bucko..


We live in a BCS world where we are judged by how we play those teams, not WAC vs MWC..

By the time you give up on this thread, you will have learned so much about CFB, you can write a book...

I'm here to help you with your education...
thankyou so much utenation...you're sure a swell guy in helping us ignorants out.. where would we be without you.. I bet you're cute as shit in real life ... but alas.. BCS system is exactly what MWC is seeking to bust.. by making the case that it's not accurate or fair.. so I'm confused.. are you MW fans fighting the establishment or wanting to play "the game" now?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 5:21 AM
utenation's Avatar
utenation utenation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
. so I'm confused.. are you MW fans fighting the establishment or wanting to play "the game" now?
Whatever gets us into the party.. If not, we continue to play with matches in congress and the Department of Justice..

When in Rome...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 5:23 AM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
Wow. Boiseguy is posting numbers again.. I always get nervous when this guy posts numbers.. I really don't follow those type of stats so I'll just assume he's right...

Boiseguy, you should really just stay away from football logic, it's not your strong suit...

I don't even think you could name 3 players on BSU's roster without looking it up...

But I'm looking forward to more BSU to the P10 logic... Carry on Chief..
My post regarding BSU going to the P10 was in jest regarding bsu possibility of going to the MWC..
So.. Listen utenation.. sweetie.. get your panties out of a wad and realize we're talking about sports.. where fan base plays a huge role in opinions..
while I'm sure you're absolutely fair and balanced and just full of hard statistics... You've lost the plot a little and you're making this way too personal.. and it's getting rather insulting...even so far as to assume things you aren't certain of about me..
I realize you and I haven't gotten along in the past.. and you think I'm "garbage"...but I'm a graduate student at bsu for christs sake... in other words.. I'm up in "bronconation" hoopla all day long
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 5:24 AM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
Whatever gets us into the party.. If not, we continue to play with matches in congress and the Department of Justice..

When in Rome...
interesting...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 5:30 AM
utenation's Avatar
utenation utenation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
My post regarding BSU going to the P10 was in jest regarding bsu possibility of going to the MWC..
So.. Listen utenation.. sweetie.. get your panties out of a wad and realize we're talking about sports.. where fan base plays a huge role in opinions..
while I'm sure you're absolutely fair and balanced and just full of hard statistics... You've lost the plot a little and you're making this way too personal.. and it's getting rather insulting...even so far as to assume things you aren't certain of about me..
I realize you and I haven't gotten along in the past.. and you think I'm "garbage"...but I'm a graduate student at bsu for christs sake...

I take nothing personal brother.. I'm just here to help you where needed..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 5:39 AM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
I take nothing personal brother.. I'm just here to help you where needed..
I'm sure you are

but we're not talking about taking something personal.. we're talking about you MAKING something personal...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 6:28 AM
utenation's Avatar
utenation utenation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post
I'm sure you are

but we're not talking about taking something personal.. we're talking about you MAKING something personal...
You should take any type of education serious... And yours here is free.

That's true value... No need to thank me...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #114  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 6:34 AM
jard's Avatar
jard jard is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise
Posts: 2,842
UteNation - Boise has respect for what Utah has done. And Utah has beat BSU out of the BCS twice with a better ranking. And congrats on both of those wins, that is what us non-aqs need to bolster our argument. BYU and Utah have lost all of the games against BSU though (in the FBS)

The Mnt West is the hot thing now, but it is still dog shit, just like the rest of the non-aqs. Last year the MW got a lot of respect, and rightly so. But this is a different year, and I know you are not going to have the same amount of success as you did last year. BYU and Utah could be all the way out of the rankings before they play each other. TCU isn't the same team they were last year either. I'm not worried about them winning out.

BSU can get to the BCS in spite of the WAC. BSU does not need the MW. BSU is a new program, having unmatched success for such a new program, and the program is continuing to expand. Utah and BYU both have much bigger and older programs. Our stadium doesn't even seat 35000 people. Boise State will continue to grow, expand, and get even better.

All I have to say is please don't suck again by the time our series starts up. See you Sat, Oct 01 in Boise, 2011. But the Utes will suck by then, and BSU will be blamed for scheduling more cupcakes.



If you care so much about what other football fans think about Utah or the Mountain West, then stay away from sites like Rivals and Scout.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #115  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 6:46 AM
utenation's Avatar
utenation utenation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by jard View Post
UteNation - Boise has respect for what Utah has done. And Utah has beat BSU out of the BCS twice with a better ranking. And congrats on both of those wins, that is what us non-aqs need to bolster our argument. BYU and Utah have lost all of the games against BSU though (in the FBS)

The Mnt West is the hot thing now, but it is still dog shit, just like the rest of the non-aqs. Last year the MW got a lot of respect, and rightly so. But this is a different year, and I know you are not going to have the same amount of success as you did last year. BYU and Utah could be all the way out of the rankings before they play each other. TCU isn't the same team they were last year either. I'm not worried about them winning out.

BSU can get to the BCS in spite of the WAC. BSU does not need the MW. BSU is a new program, having unmatched success for such a new program, and the program is continuing to expand. Utah and BYU both have much bigger and older programs. Our stadium doesn't even seat 35000 people. Boise State will continue to grow, expand, and get even better.

All I have to say is please don't suck again by the time our series starts up. See you Sat, Oct 01 in Boise, 2011. But the Utes will suck by then, and BSU will be blamed for scheduling more cupcakes.



If you care so much about what other football fans think about Utah or the Mountain West, then stay away from sites like Rivals and Scout.
I like BSU.. I think Kustra is a great leader... What he says and what you say are completely different when it comes to what BSU needs..

I guess it's all opinion and I value Kustra's in this situation..

As far as meeting up in 2011, I hope it's a great game..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #116  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 7:19 AM
jard's Avatar
jard jard is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Boise
Posts: 2,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
I like BSU.. I think Kustra is a great leader... What he says and what you say are completely different when it comes to what BSU needs..

I guess it's all opinion and I value Kustra's in this situation..

As far as meeting up in 2011, I hope it's a great game..
Dr. Kustra agrees, we made it to a BCS bowl without the mountain west. And while Dr. Kustra would like to be extended an invite to the mw (and BSU WOULD accept), we will continue to have success with or without them.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #117  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 7:22 AM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
You should take any type of education serious... And yours here is free.

That's true value... No need to thank me...

when you contribute something of substance to this forum, rather than getting personal and insulting.. I'll take your "education" seriously...
until then... I'll just assume what everyone else does from your 60 some posts where 50 some are you in an argument.. I think you're here for the shit stirring.. and frankly.. I think you pop in to attack me whenever and however you can...
I may be wrong.. but thats all you've given me and others to work with in figuring you out...

when I speak of mw teams losing to boise state.. I was speaking about the teams/their program itself.. even if they werent in the mw at the time or before the mw was formed.. to me.. and this is my opinion.. that conference shouldn't matter when it comes to who is the better all around teams in the nation.. which is what essentially all us non bcs teams are trying to argue..basically if you want to be able to say you're better than someone.. you should play them and prove it
so before you start wipping out your school book and insults...know your position as well.. jard hit it on the head... each season is different... and that is reflective of your conference..
I think even the big boys are having their conferences dragged in the dirt a bit by such teams as Oklahoma losing to BYU...and then byu losing to florida state...
Big conferences(BCS) hide behind statistics to justify their position..and it takes the ever increasing BCS upsets to make people take a look at it more in determining it's fairness in rankings from season to season....
The non BCS programs that are most consistently winning are the only way to make a case and that is something BSU does and does well regardless of being in the WAC..
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #118  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 2:12 PM
utenation's Avatar
utenation utenation is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sandy, Utah
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiseguy View Post

when you contribute something of substance to this forum, rather than getting personal and insulting.. I'll take your "education" seriously...
until then... I'll just assume what everyone else does from your 60 some posts where 50 some are you in an argument.. I think you're here for the shit stirring.. and frankly.. I think you pop in to attack me whenever and however you can...
I may be wrong.. but thats all you've given me and others to work with in figuring you out...

when I speak of mw teams losing to boise state.. I was speaking about the teams/their program itself.. even if they werent in the mw at the time or before the mw was formed.. to me.. and this is my opinion.. that conference shouldn't matter when it comes to who is the better all around teams in the nation.. which is what essentially all us non bcs teams are trying to argue..basically if you want to be able to say you're better than someone.. you should play them and prove it
so before you start wipping out your school book and insults...know your position as well.. jard hit it on the head... each season is different... and that is reflective of your conference..
I think even the big boys are having their conferences dragged in the dirt a bit by such teams as Oklahoma losing to BYU...and then byu losing to florida state...
Big conferences(BCS) hide behind statistics to justify their position..and it takes the ever increasing BCS upsets to make people take a look at it more in determining it's fairness in rankings from season to season....
The non BCS programs that are most consistently winning are the only way to make a case and that is something BSU does and does well regardless of being in the WAC..
I'm going to go back into lurk mode for now Boiseguy.. I'll let you continue to feed your own ego for awhile. Don't be surprised to see me pop in again to clean up your work and numbers...

In my very limited posts, we have great results.. We've got you to take down that horrible self portrait of yourself with angel wings all oiled up like a turkey at Thanksgiving (even though the school boy self pic isn't much better).

I've also taught you a little about the P10, the WAC, the MWC, BSU and the BCS formula/qualification process. You've learned there isn't a team named "Oregen".. All this for the price of zero... You said you're in grad school at BSU? You might be the best example of a paper tiger I've ever seen.

So carry on brother but don't be too shocked if you see me down the road helping you out by bursting your ego.

Good luck and keep that self pic updated man, we're all dying to know what posters really look like on a message board.

Your Pal,

Utenation
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #119  
Old Posted Sep 25, 2009, 4:22 PM
Boiseguy's Avatar
Boiseguy Boiseguy is offline
Always running Late
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BOISE
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by utenation View Post
I'm going to go back into lurk mode for now Boiseguy.. I'll let you continue to feed your own ego for awhile. Don't be surprised to see me pop in again to clean up your work and numbers...

In my very limited posts, we have great results.. We've got you to take down that horrible self portrait of yourself with angel wings all oiled up like a turkey at Thanksgiving (even though the school boy self pic isn't much better).

I've also taught you a little about the P10, the WAC, the MWC, BSU and the BCS formula/qualification process. You've learned there isn't a team named "Oregen".. All this for the price of zero... You said you're in grad school at BSU? You might be the best example of a paper tiger I've ever seen.

So carry on brother but don't be too shocked if you see me down the road helping you out by bursting your ego.

Good luck and keep that self pic updated man, we're all dying to know what posters really look like on a message board.

Your Pal,

Utenation
thanks again utey..
your enlightenment is extremely appreciated
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #120  
Old Posted Sep 26, 2009, 3:48 PM
Evo5Boise's Avatar
Evo5Boise Evo5Boise is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 1,158
LOL. This is getting crazy in here.

There should just be a playoff system. But we all know this is about money, not about the fairness. So, until something else is figured out, it is what it is.

The strength of the WAC for Boise State is we get great media coverage. ESPN shows numerous WAC games. As of now, I'm not sure we would/could get the same coverage in the MWC.

Everything will work out in the end. It is a great program, it is young, and it is growing. Boise State has the smallest stadium in the top 25. Yet we have one of best home records around. And when we play away, we don't get easily intimidated. We still come with heart. Our record may be flopsided towards BCS teams favor, however, 90% of those have been close. The only whipping I remember was Georgia. And that thanks goes a la Zabranksky. I don't care who you are, when your QB throws 6 picks in the first half, your getting a mud hole stomped in you.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:22 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.