HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jun 29, 2018, 4:56 PM

Still looks like a bunch of architectural cliches slapped together.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 7:32 PM
again

https://communityimpact.com/austin/c...sign-approval/
Quote:
Two projects proposed as Austin’s tallest towers earn unanimous design approval Monday

By Christopher Neely | 9:45 pm Aug. 27, 2018 | Updated 9:51 pm Aug. 27, 2018

Two projects, totaling 1,546 feet in height and 2 million square feet and separated by only two downtown blocks, moved forward Monday night following design approvals.

If the projects earn final approval, they would each eclipse Austin’s current tallest building, The Independent at 801 W. Fifth St., which stands at 685 feet.

The 6th + Guadalupe mixed-use project at 600 Guadalupe St. is proposed to stand as Austin’s tallest tower at just over 837 feet, totaling 1,133,430 square feet. Just two blocks south at 401 W. Fourth St., The Republic office and retail project would stand as Austin’s second-tallest structure, reaching roughly 708 feet high and encompassing 920,500 square feet.

Both projects earned unanimous approval from Austin’s Design Commission, which provides advisory recommendations to the City Council on urban design standards.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 1:11 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg6544 View Post
Still looks like a bunch of architectural cliches slapped together.
At least the Republic will block most of this tower when viewing from the river. Thank God it's not the other way.

-sb

Old Posted May 9, 2019, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1971 View Post
Extended Stay no longer taking reservations past 1 August on their website.

To verify I called and spoke to a nice young lady who told me that the hotel property had been bought and that they would be shutting down in July.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
I fined tuned the available room search, and Sunday July 21 is actually the last day that the hotel is taking reservations. After that date the next closest Extended Stay hotel is at the top of the list of available options.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/us/ame...th-street.html

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 5:08 AM

Demolition at the 6 X Guadalupe Tower Site Could Arrive Next Month

Quote:
To build the new tallest tower in Austin, you’ve got to break a few eggs — or, in this case, demolish a completely unremarkable hotel. In other words, the Extended Stay America now occupying the famously “cursed” former home of the late Alamo Hotel at the northwest corner of West Sixth and Guadalupe Streets is not long for this world, with recent city documents pointing to its demolition sometime next month.

Once the site’s cleared, groundbreaking can begin for the 6 X Guadalupe mixed-use tower by developers Lincoln Property Company and Kairoi Residential — Lincoln can’t confirm to us exactly when the old hotel’s getting knocked down, but permit filings related to street closures around the site during the demolition describe work starting on September 3 and lasting until October 15. It may also interest you that the Extended Stay America hotel isn’t taking reservations at this location after the end of August — that seems as good a sign as any that we’re about to get some action here.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 10:00 PM

The developers (Lincoln & Kairoi Residential) announced today that this project is officially underway. The site is currently fenced off for demo.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals