HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 16, 2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKvKREW View Post
An 11 year old child is dead you ASSHOLE! Just happens to be a relative....I hope you fuckin rot!
Calm down dude. Do you shed a tear for every human that dies in this world every day. I doubt it.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2019, 2:40 AM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
Calm down dude. Do you shed a tear for every human that dies in this world every day. I doubt it.
Nice guy.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2019, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper316 View Post
Video Link

Old Posted Feb 18, 2019, 1:10 AM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Old Posted Feb 18, 2019, 6:15 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Ottawa I believe is at 2 now.

Quebec City is already at 3 I think, which unless I am mistaken is 1 more than the total for all of last year.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2019, 1:53 AM
I am a typical

Thunder Bay has had its first, and it's a highly unusual one:

This is the end of the main street into the power plant, and a popular place for people to go and see deer. It's also across the street from the local yacht club.

Quote:
https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...murder-1260275

Police continue to investigate Mission Island murder
A man, believed to be in his early 40s, was found dead on Sunday off 108th Avenue. Police say they have yet to identify the victim and are searching for leads in the case, the city's first murder of 2019.

“Through investigation we’re suspecting it’s our first homicide of the year,” Hughes said. “I don’t really have any more information to give other than that, that it was an unknown age. We don’t have an identity on the person yet.”

Hughes said the body was found out in the open, just beyond the curve in the road leading to the power facility.

On Monday green markers could be seen dotting the crime scene, a lone cruiser keeping watch. Traces of what appeared to be blood were also visible in the snow.

“There are no areas in Thunder Bay that are known for body dumps. We don’t have that many homicides or body dumps. It’s a travelled area. People go out to watch the deer. It’s a trafficked area and luckily a passerby saw what they believed to be a body before the snow and the wind hit,” Hughes said.

“It could have been covered up until the springtime.”

I know there are cameras watching that area because I've been chirped at by OPG staff while taking photos in that same spot (they get bored in their security office), so I'm wondering if they managed to pick up anything on the cameras.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2019, 3:24 PM

Winnipeg. Now has 9. Most have been attributed to the ongoing meth crisis

Old Posted Mar 17, 2019, 5:02 PM

Montreal has 5 or 6.

Old Posted Mar 17, 2019, 8:34 PM

Couldn’t tell you what percentage are deemed homocide - but Hamilton is now at 16 shootings in 2019 (up from last year)

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 6:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDBO View Post
Winnipeg. Now has 9. Most have been attributed to the ongoing meth crisis
Looks like we cracked double digits, Winnipeg now at 10 after another murder Sunday!

Old Posted Mar 18, 2019, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Looks like we cracked double digits, Winnipeg now at 10 after another murder Sunday!
We're off to a crazy start this year, at the rate Q1 is going we might be on pace for a new record this year. But then, history has shown us that these numbers go in fits and starts... you could have a spate of homicides and then nothing for many weeks.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2019, 3:05 AM
I am a typical

An update on the first homicide in the Thunder Bay CMA which happened in Shuniah Municipality; or at least that's where the body was found. Shuniah is policed by the OPP.

Quote:
https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...victim-1333446

OPP release identity of Highway 527 murder victim

Victim identified as 21-year-old Samatar Warsame, from the Greater Toronto Area.
--

The second homicide in the CMA and first in the city proper was last month, I posted a page or two ago.

--

The second homicide in Thunder Bay proper (3rd for the CMA) occurred on Tuesday morning in a wooded area alongside the highway, in an area where several homicides and "sudden deaths" have occurred over the past decade.
Quote:
https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...uspect-1333087

Update: Police charge County Fair area murder suspect

THUNDER BAY – A 32-year-old Thunder Bay woman has been charged with murder in the death of a woman who was found unresponsive on a County Fair area bike path earlier this week.

Thunder Bay police arrested Ashley Mary Potson on Wednesday evening, less than 48 hours after the victim was located by a passerby near a north side Dawson Road hotel just after 1 a.m. on Tuesday.

The identity of the victim has yet to be publicly released by the police, as they await completion of the autopsy that was taking place in Toronto on Thursday. The victim's next of kin have been notified.
--

Wednesday evening, a little less than 48 hours after the previous homicide, we had our third for the city proper (4th of the CMA)

Quote:
https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...murder-1333443

THUNDER BAY – Police have identified the 22-year-old suspect in a late-night homicide on North Cumberland Street, the city's second murder in consecutive days.

Nathaniel Austin Wesley was arrested in conjunction with the incident, which left one man dead and another sent to hospital, who is currently in stable condition in the intensive care unit, with undisclosed injuries.

Wesley faces charges of second-degree murder, aggravated assault, breach of recognizance and breach of probation.

Det.-Sgt. Tracy Lewis could not confirm that a baseball bat was involved in the incident, despite an initial police media release that stated a man was on the ground after possibly being beaten with a bat.

Lewis said officers spent Thursday in the area collecting evidence.

"Part of the canvas process that's done each time involves the video collection. Officers are out doing that," Lewis said. "We always look for any kind of assistance from the public. If they have dash cam video, we're always looking for any type of business videos, if they have a camera on their residences, we're happy to take that video."

Lewis said Wesley was arrested in close proximity to the scene.
--

On top of all of this, there have been 3 or 4 large drug busts in the city in the past two weeks. We're probably hovering around 30 drug busts and raids since last summer. About a third to half of those arrested during these raids are from the GTA and Ottawa.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2019, 12:02 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
https://www.tbnewswatch.com/local-ne...gation-1347774

Police seek public's help with homicide investigation
City police are requesting assistance from the public to help with homicide investigation.

THUNDER BAY -- City police are asking for the public’s assistance as they investigate a homicide that took place on the city's northside early Friday afternoon.

Thunder Bay Police were dispatched to the area of Hilldale and Melbourne roads just after 12:45 p.m. on Friday, March 29, for reports of an injured male.

Paramedics transported the victim to the Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre where he later died from his injuries.
This is the 4th in city limits (5th in the CMA) and the third of those 5 homicides to occur on the side of a road in a rural area.

I'm going to guess that the victim or perpetrators (or both) are from the GTA.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 9:21 PM
BANNED

Four Dead in Pentiction BC Shooting

Penticton, B.C., RCMP say four people are dead after a string of shootings in three locations Monday morning.
One male has been taken into custody by Penticton RCMP in connection with the shootings.
Everyone in Penticton, B.C., is being asked to stay inside their homes and workplaces.

RCMP in the Okanagan town have asked everyone to avoid the downtown area and remain indoors while they deal with what they call a "serious and unfolding incident."

The public is asked to avoid the areas bordered by:

Eckhardt Avenue and Lakeshore Drive
Main Street and Power Street

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...dent-1.5098815

Old Posted Apr 15, 2019, 10:03 PM

Damn, tough day for Penticton...

Old Posted Apr 16, 2019, 12:12 PM
be nice to the crackheads

Yeah. It's pretty nuts for that town. Out of the three main cities along Okanagan Lake, Penticton is definitely the most laid back.

Video Link

And about an hour and a half north of Kelowna, some guy went in to a church and shot two people, killing one and injuring the second.

Weird day in the Central Okanagan.

Video Link

Old Posted May 6, 2019, 9:06 PM
BANNED

Winnipeg clocked #14 this past weekend!

Old Posted May 6, 2019, 9:09 PM

Mother and Daughter (daughter was 22 months) confirmed deceased, suspected as a homicide. The bodies were found off highway 40 in K country, but were likely placed there. A woman in her 50's has been charged in connection with the death of a man, believed to be in connection with a domestic disturbance.

No idea how many that is for Calgary, though it feels like it's been a quiet start to the year so far...

Old Posted May 6, 2019, 9:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Winnipeg clocked #14 this past weekend!
Do you get some sort of sick, twisted pleasure in announcing this?

Old Posted May 7, 2019, 3:00 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Do you get some sort of sick, twisted pleasure in announcing this?
And yet you follow this thread, man up and grow a pair!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada