HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Apr 11, 2010, 4:06 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's HONG KONG 2010 Photo Collection II

Part 1 : http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=177691

188. Western district provides many photo-taking opportunities as traditional Chinese foods are out on food display. These go well with steamed rice - you steam them with the rice.

189. These ones are being dried, although scattering them on the floor would not be my favoured option.

191. A rat poison bait notice was displayed nearby.

197. It wasn't yet time for afternoon tea, but traditional cakes look quite delicious.

200. Ham with noodles.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2010, 3:47 PM
Hong Kong

216. A special sightseeing tram rumbles through the city.

217. These "hot dog" buses might disappear completely as the non-air-conditioned fleet is fully phased-out. So I need to work extra hard to capture them.

221. I really like the front window design. When the bus is moving, it gets quite cool even in 30C weather.

223. That's the driver's peep window.

224. Too lazy to cook dinner? Just grab a pack of roasted meat, and put some rice into the rice cooker.

227. Getting take-out is also another good option.

238. This is a poorer part of town, but with some maintenance, this doesn't look too bad.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 4:41 PM
Hong Kong

243. Kwun Tong is a living neighbourhood. Away from the bustling street markets, it's actually a quiet district, and not too crowded at all.

248. However, there are a lot of older buildings that need some rejuvenation.

251. With older disticts come lively street markets.

263. You have to read from right to left.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 6:03 PM
Community Guy

amazing that you can make HK feel almost devoid of people

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jun 7, 2010, 6:53 PM

Great Pictures of HK!!

Old Posted Jun 8, 2010, 1:57 AM
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
amazing that you can make HK feel almost devoid of people
Yes! I usually aim for buildings and away from the street. Maybe I should draft a separate thread on HK's bustling street scenes!

Old Posted Jul 3, 2010, 4:40 AM
Hong Kong

268. This is what a traditional wet market looks like - without air-conditioning, with corridors of shops. This one has closed though, but normally it'd be bustling with shoppers and fresh foods.

275. Ming Wah Dai Ha is a 1960s public housing estate. But in recent years, it has gone through a major renovation, and now the grounds are nicely-landscaped and the exterior looks very new. You don't need to raze and rebuild so often.

279. Instead of the typical ugly concrete pavement, they've added some tiles and vegetation. This estate is up the hill, set back from the street, so it's actually a very serene place. With the shade, it's possible to actually sit outside to enjoy a bit of nature.

280. Nearby, a typhoon shelter is still home to many fishing boats, showcasing a piece of Hong Kong's maritime history. Generally, this waterfront was quite well done. A promenade runs all along the shelter, while some recreation facilities front it.

291. Exception is this parking lot, but it doesn't block residents from reaching the water, so it's not a big problem.

294. Here's another redevelopment. Wonder what will rise?

296. Government housing tends to be simple in design, and not necessarily aesthetically-pleasing.

309. After a long walk, it's time for a snack.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos