HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 1:04 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

{SA} Stevens Ranch Town Center - Renderings and Information

I thought I had made one of these for Stevens Ranch Town Center but I looked and couldn't find anything. 1 million square a retail now but will eventually have more than 1.5 million square feet of retail plus commercial, office and multi-family. Located at Potranco Road and 211 in Far West Bexar County.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2008, 10:44 AM

Old Posted Jun 30, 2008, 5:08 AM

Surprising they have so much planned and u.c since things slowed down a bit. I went to Home Depot @ 1604 and Culebra on Saturday afternoon and it was pretty much a ghost town. Every time I went in the past it was jam packed. I guess the non rainy weather has postponed people working on their yards etc. Also gas prices and with the housing slump, people are just not working on home projects as much.
2020 S. A. Pop 1.59 million/ Metro 2.64 million/ASA corridor 5 million Census undercount city proper. San Antonio economy and largest economic sectors. Annual contribution towards GDP. U.S. DOD$48.5billion/Manufacturing $40.5 billion/Healthcare-Biosciences $40 billion/Finance-Insurance $20 billion/Tourism $15 billion/ Technology $10 billion. S.A./ Austin: Tech $25 billion/Manufacturing $11 billion/ Tourism $9 billion.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2008, 9:44 AM

Do you think this major retail project will affect SA's bid for the National Bio and Agro Defense Facility? Though some 5-miles outside of 1604 it is being built less than a mile from the proposed 100-acre site in the Texas Research Park. It doesn't seem likely that Homeland Security would want to build such a sensitive facility in an area exploding with commercial and residential growth. Have we learned nothing from Camp Bullis?

By the way "Major Anchor 23" is the site plan for HEB Plus.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2008, 2:49 PM

SA wouldn't have made it this far if the development out there were a problem. That area was booming long before the they came looking for a site for the bio lab.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2008, 3:29 PM

Don't know why Southwest Research didn't make the top 5, it had a higher rating than Mississippi and it already has a BSL4 lab.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2008, 9:00 PM

YAY ! SPRAWL and BIG SURFACE PARKING LOTS!!! just kidding.

Seems like an interesting development for that park of the SA metro.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
SA wouldn't have made it this far if the development out there were a problem. That area was booming long before the they came looking for a site for the bio lab.
The I-10/1604 intersection has been primed for growth since the early 2000s (Six Flags, Westin, and UTSA have been there since before 2000!) yet the Army had no idea .

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio