HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
Agreed this is actually one of the reasons I will watch this show. Most commuters are out the door in Halifax before CTV morning live comes on the air at 7 am.

Really? Competition is a good thing. Having 3 local news networks is a good thing. Just look at New Brunswick newspapers.

There is no LIVE local morning news show in Newfoundland, this is why CTV morning live shows Newfoundland and Labrador weather as it is broadcast on cable in Newfoundland on CTV Two.

I have seen NTV, and we are not missing it here.
I didn't say NTV was amazing nor that any of the other stations were better or worse than any others,
I was just saying that in response to amalgamating the atlantic provinces.. for one the time difference would be a factor as well I'm just saying that there is no complaint here in lack of news coverage. We get an hour and a half from both CBC and NTV every week day (5:30 are the pre news programs and 6-7 are the evening news programs) as well as a noon news program from NTV during all week days (with a week in review program on the weekend) and a late night segment every night on CBC.

also we get all of the national news hours (CBC, CTV, Global) and the CBC news channel as well as the CTV news channel so there's no gaps in local nor national news, that's all I'm saying.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 7:56 PM

To NTV's great credit, they moved to HD production for their local programming quite some time ago. Meanwhile here in Eastern Canada's largest city, CTV is still using fuzzy old standard-definition technology for their local programming. When you watch CTV Morning Live, the only thing in HD are the commercials. Shameful.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2013, 8:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
To NTV's great credit, they moved to HD production for their local programming quite some time ago. Meanwhile here in Eastern Canada's largest city, CTV is still using fuzzy old standard-definition technology for their local programming. When you watch CTV Morning Live, the only thing in HD are the commercials. Shameful.
If CTV Atlantic moved to HD then we would all be able to see Cindy Day's wrinkles!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 12:32 PM

Global Maritimes has been re-branded Global Halifax and Global New Brunswick.

It's kind of funny how this was discussed on this thread a few months ago. Two separate evening news and late night news shows will be broadcast out of the
Halifax studios. Halifax's will be live and New Brunswick's will be taped a half hour before.

The Morning News on Global Halifax will be broadcast to the entire Maritime provinces but will focus on Halifax with some weather for the Maritimes.

http://shawmediatv.ca/press/read/?1955

Old Posted Apr 15, 2013, 11:32 PM

Poor PEI, and I bet they won't even complain about this!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Business, Politics & the Economy