HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted May 15, 2013, 1:42 AM
The good old days are now

It's not world-class architecture, but it definitely is leaps and bounds ahead of other high-rises in the area.

(my photos)

Old Posted May 15, 2013, 3:32 AM
Look at me!

The Seville is a smash hit in my book, unassuming, typical Montreal-style use of black and yellow brick, Adonis at street level. Once the Honda dealership and the former Omer Desere give way to 14 and 15 storey condos as in planned, this area will finally regain some respectability.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2013, 9:25 AM

Hello everybody,
I'm a french student and I'm going to study in Concordia in Montreal for the next year. I'm currently looking for a flat to rent near concordia. I have found several offers on the kijiji website for the Seville building. On the Seville website, the flats seem to be perfect and the district a quiet one.
In order to have more information I have read two topics on this forum about it. I have understood that the district use to be a very bad one, but it has improved since the building construction.
So here is my question: Do you think this Seville building is a good one to live in for a year and what do you think of the neighborhood?

The offers are rather cheap so I would like more information about this building (here one of the offers:http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-immobili...AdIdZ492079809)

Please: excuse my English, it must contains mistakes but I' m going to improve my level next year^^

Old Posted Jul 14, 2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy_student View Post
Hello everybody,
I'm a french student and I'm going to study in Concordia in Montreal for the next year. I'm currently looking for a flat to rent near concordia. I have found several offers on the kijiji website for the Seville building. On the Seville website, the flats seem to be perfect and the district a quiet one.
In order to have more information I have read two topics on this forum about it. I have understood that the district use to be a very bad one, but it has improved since the building construction.
So here is my question: Do you think this Seville building is a good one to live in for a year and what do you think of the neighborhood?

The offers are rather cheap so I would like more information about this building (here one of the offers:http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-immobili...AdIdZ492079809)

Please: excuse my English, it must contains mistakes but I' m going to improve my level next year^^
Bienvenue à Montréal!

Pour le quartier, c'est loin d'être si problématique. Pas vraiment dangereux et plein d'étudiants et de petits restos bon marché. Ca reste un quartier central ( problème d'itinérance) mais proche de tout ( métro, centre-ville, parc du Mont Royal, Marché Atwater) . Si j'étais étudiant ou célibataire, je n'hésiterais pas une seconde à m'y installer. Avec une famille, peut-être moins...

Pour le Séville, dure à dire car ca vient d'être complété mais je crois que tu peux te fier aux commentaires sur ce site. En passant, une épicerie méditerranéenne de grande qualité va ouvrir dans une des phases.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2013, 12:09 PM

@frenchy_student : entre nous, ça a l'air pas mal du tout. Voyons simplement la façade du complexe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post

Le revêtement de brique est sympa et puis tu essuirais les plâtres ! C'est tout neuf ! donc tout propre là-dedans. Si c'est abordable, je pense que tu peux loger là sans te faire de soucis. On a bien pire en France...

Profite bien. Et travaille bien aussi, hein ?

Old Posted Jul 15, 2013, 12:06 AM
LIVE WITH PURPOSE

Quote:
Hello everybody,

Hey, Welcome!
The area is pretty chill, I live nearby (Maisonneuve and du Fort), and go to school right across from the Seville. The area is slowly changing for the better. You're right by Metro Atwater, and near Metro Guy-Concordia. Some decent restaurants nearby, and good grocery stores. And although you're right by the metro station, It's very fast to just walk downtown. The neighbourhood is nice-"ish" ((there's a park across the building that homeless natives like to hangout in, ..but they aren't violent or anything, I ignore it every time I walk by)) , besides that, it's a great place to spend you're first year here in Montreal while attending Concordia!

Old Posted Jul 15, 2013, 12:11 AM
LIVE WITH PURPOSE

Quote:
Hello everybody,

the kijiji link you're referring to, I think the $200/month is only for the parking lot spot. Do not expect to be paying anything lower than $900/month for that place.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive