HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 3:08 AM
Love Austin

This design is such a bust compared to what they tried to propose to the City. We all must be more involved in the creation of our city council because lack of leadership and understanding of Austin's needs gets us what you see here. Never forget to vote.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 4:00 AM
Yank in Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndic View Post
I think it looks really cool from the South and West angles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Me too, and I also like the color pallet and glass combo, especially the rust outline. This is a pretty building.
I'm in this camp ha. I'll be honest, I much prefer the redesign. The original concept looked like it belonged in Miami and the podium was downright hostile. While this isn't way better, it's a little more human-scaled for the other side of 35, and I imagine the wall of mid-rise buildings consisting of this, Eleven, the Tyndall and on to the Plaza Saltillo development will be impressive in and of itself from 35 and whatever the reinvention of that highway eventually looks like.

and it looks like there's angled cuts (!) holding those balconies flush with the exterior. The south and west sides DO look really cool.

BUILD IT. BUILD EVERYTHING. BUILD IT ALL.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 4:59 PM

I think the bulk of the building, and the massive wall effect is horrendous, but the west elevation is pretty interesting.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2018, 6:54 PM

Yuck, another stucco monstrosity. This is going to look terrible.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2018, 7:24 AM
德克萨斯人 y'all

How tall are the buildings to the south? I forget. I think I asked this question years back also...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin