HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

45 Lansing in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • San Francisco Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
San Francisco Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 15, 2007, 9:53 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Thanks, BT. Got that one bookmarked now. It does seem weird. The proposal is recommended, but they won't vote on it. Asking to waive the $3M fee in lieu of other community improvements seems straightforward enough. They must be negotiating what those improvements will be. I'm guessing the city and developer have pretty different views of the value of $3M.

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 1:04 AM

The 45 Lansing agreement was approved by the Planning Commission on September 20th. Let's hope construction will start soon on this tower!!

Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 1:22 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post
The 45 Lansing agreement was approved by the Planning Commission on September 20th. Let's hope construction will start soon on this tower!!
Great news! We should start seeing new renders and more details very soon. We may very well start seeing construction before the end of the year.

... And, this is my 1000th post.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 6:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reminiscence View Post
Great news! We should start seeing new renders and more details very soon. We may very well start seeing construction before the end of the year.

... And, this is my 1000th post.
Congratulations to 45 Lansing, and congratulations to a guy whose forum name looks something like a great rock band's.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 6:50 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOneFive View Post
i agree. i checked the websites of turnberry, swedroe architects, hks, and ehdd architects, and none of them had renderings of the project. i wonder if we email one of them if they'll release more renderings to the general public.
I just emailed Swedroe and asked. If the Planning Commision approved the thing back in March, there must be renderings somewhere and I gotta see 'em.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 7:00 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFView View Post
Congratulations to 45 Lansing, and congratulations to a guy whose forum name looks something like a great rock band's.
Thanks, that sounds about right .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
there must be renderings somewhere and I gotta see 'em.
That makes 50 of us .

Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 11:34 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Yahoo! I look forward to this and the second One Rincon tower rising together.

Congrats Reminiscence. I noticed you were getting close the other day. A lot of good contributions in those 1000 posts!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 12:08 AM
BANNED

The "Director of Business Development" from Swedroe actually wrote me back today and asked why I wanted the rendering. I told her the truth--to share it with a bunch of other skyscraper nut cases and gave her the URL of this site, so yawl be on your best behavior and we might get to see what the thing is gonna look like (or not). I hope she just wanted to be sure I wasn't from some NIMBY outfit who was gonna stir up trouble with it, but I told her I really only was asking for one that was already public since I assume they have to have used something publicly before the Planning Commission. We'll see.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 12:53 AM
Green Berniecrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
Yahoo! I look forward to this and the second One Rincon tower rising together.

Congrats Reminiscence. I noticed you were getting close the other day. A lot of good contributions in those 1000 posts!
Thanks a lot peanut gallery, hopefully when I move back to the Bay Area in a couple of months I can start contributing more with the photos as well .

Quote:
The "Director of Business Development" from Swedroe actually wrote me back today and asked why I wanted the rendering. I told her the truth--to share it with a bunch of other skyscraper nut cases and gave her the URL of this site, so yawl be on your best behavior and we might get to see what the thing is gonna look like (or not). I hope she just wanted to be sure I wasn't from some NIMBY outfit who was gonna stir up trouble with it, but I told her I really only was asking for one that was already public since I assume they have to have used something publicly before the Planning Commission. We'll see.
Great job BT. I cant wait to hear what the reply is. I've been waiting for an updated rendering(s) for a very long time .

Old Posted Oct 5, 2007, 3:42 PM
BANNED

^^^On the above, the architect eventually referred me to a guy at Turnberry who hasn't replied.

BUT: SF Biztimes says, today, that "Turnberry is preparing to begin digging at 45 Lansing St. for 227 units." Of course, they've been "preparing" for some time now.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...n1.html?page=1

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 5:42 AM
BANNED

OK, so does this all mean what I think it means: http://www.jobsininglewood.com/jobs....N7Q88B0A9N2W9D

For those too lazy to click:

Turnberry, Ltd.
425 Market Street
Suite 2253
San Francisco, CA
ph: (415) 955-2765

Is hiring for its San Francisco location (1) a "project engineer", (2) a "project manager", (3) a "job site superintendent", (4) a "senior project manager" and (5) a "construction intern".

Start date of the positions are "immediate".

One of the listed duties of the prospective "senior project manager" I'm liking a lot is "Conducts pre-job meetings with Project Superintendent, Project Engineer and all others necessary for the start of a project."

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 3:55 PM

I walked by the site this morning. There were two painters there priming the adjacent building. I'd imagine they are trying to expedite this before 45 Lansing begins construction.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2007, 3:55 PM
Only Mostly Dead

It says this way down at the bottom of the job descriptions:
Quote:
for a luxury condominium project in Downtown San Francisco
I'd say it means exactly what you, I, Reminiscence and everyone else hopes it means. I walked by yesterday just hoping for some sign of progress. Nothing yet, but it sure sounds like we're close!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 5:56 AM
Only Mostly Dead

OK. I can't wait for actual construction to begin, so I took some pictures today of the painters that roadwarrior saw yesterday. Yes, I'm that desperate for this to begin...

Ooh, look! Dirt!

Yep, those are painters:

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 6:28 AM
BANNED

Why would they be painting if a high rise is going to be blocking the walls?

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 7:24 AM
BANNED

^^^First of all, I don't see any paint. But whether they are about to paint or do some other sort of work, I would assume it's to protect the wall. The adjacent building will not have a weather-proof seal between it and the wall that's there now and rain water could penetrate down between the walls so the existing wall still needs to be weather proof and whatever they do now is probably intended to make it so. Typically, what I've seen them do is apply foam to the existing wall and use that as part of the concrete form for the new building but that doesn't seal the old wall off from water penetration.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 3:40 PM

Quote:
^^^First of all, I don't see any paint. But whether they are about to paint or do some other sort of work, I would assume it's to protect the wall. The adjacent building will not have a weather-proof seal between it and the wall that's there now and rain water could penetrate down between the walls so the existing wall still needs to be weather proof and whatever they do now is probably intended to make it so. Typically, what I've seen them do is apply foam to the existing wall and use that as part of the concrete form for the new building but that doesn't seal the old wall off from water penetration.
From my stroll by there and from the pictures, they are caulking the adjacent wooden area. This is common prior to applying primer and then paint. I know this because I managed a painting crew as a summer internship while in undergrad. It had to have been the worst job of my life, but it taught me a lot about painting and what I didn't want to do with my life.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 7:30 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
From my stroll by there and from the pictures, they are caulking the adjacent wooden area. This is common prior to applying primer and then paint. I know this because I managed a painting crew as a summer internship while in undergrad. It had to have been the worst job of my life, but it taught me a lot about painting and what I didn't want to do with my life.
So then they ARE painting and no high rise is going to be built??

Or are they just incredibly ignorant about surrounding developments.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 7:38 PM

This is just my hypothesis, but I think they're priming and painting just the small area of wood in the same color as the above building. I am not sure if the two buildings will be physically touching, but I'd imagine that they wanted to get the painting out of the way, as they may not have access to that land once construction begins.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 7:46 PM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
That's how it looked to me too. Plus, although you can't necessarily see it in my photo, they have a bunch of painting equipment in the back of their truck.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive