HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Three World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 3:17 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 11:11 AM

^^

That site just looks so chaotic, obviously no one who had anything to do with the planning of it suffered even the slightest bit from OCD, it's like they took everything in the area, shook it in a bag and threw the pieces out and built where they fell! I'm sure as usual though, it'll all look great once it's finished

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 1:46 PM
weidncol

Well ya of course it looks chaotic. There's still a lot of construction equipment all over.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 3:01 PM

I had noticed, quite hard not to

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 5:01 PM

Generally construction sites are chaotic, especially ones as involved as the WTC site

Anyways, the mobile crane in the foreground will probably be removed soon (I think it's there to erect the second tower crane) and the cranes used for the transit site too will be removed. That ought to clean it up a bit.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 8:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Taken from www.cityrealty.com

(old design, but the height is about right)

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 10:39 PM

What is the tall thin tower in the back?

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 10:42 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
What is the tall thin tower in the back?
That's 125 Greenwhich Street, a future residential tower planned by Mr. Shvo. At least 1,358ft/414m tall to the roof. Design is not final.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Taken from www.cityrealty.com

Heights are all messed up.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
That's 125 Greenwhich Street, a future residential tower planned by Mr. Shvo. At least 1,358ft/414m tall to the roof. Design is not final.
So basically '432 Park Downtown'. I don't like it simply because it interferes with the view of the new WTC from the ferry/Statue of Liberty/Ellis. I think that should be a protected veiwplane.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 4:41 AM
weidncol

Those are some of the worse 3D models I've ever seen...

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post
They are just there for massing, not to act as renders. As for if that should be a protected view, I strongly disagree. I for one like the fact that the WTC developers came up with this site plan where the towers would step down and around the old site, and now this new residental building is going to blow all of their plans for the look of the area out of the water. It proves that NYC is never static. I won't be completely happy though until someone builds something taller than 1WTC by roof height downtown. Limiting the height of the WTC to that of the old towers always seemed so backward thinking to me.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 6:39 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalscarr View Post
Heights are all messed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weidncol View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
They are just there for massing, not to act as renders.....NYC is never static. I won't be completely happy though until someone builds something taller than 1WTC by roof height downtown. Limiting the height of the WTC to that of the old towers always seemed so backward thinking to me.
Right. With that rendering you get an idea of how it all balances out, the new WTC not being the lone, dominating supertowers like the old WTC.

As far as the actual "renders", well if those ingrates can find or make a better one, that would be appreciated also.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 6:50 PM

Core Progress

So I stopped by the site yesterday. You can't appreciate the progress of the core above the glass better then from this angle...

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 7:00 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Yes, such a great sight to see this tower moving again.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 7:02 PM

Quote:

Right. With that rendering you get an idea of how it all balances out, the new WTC not being the lone, dominating supertowers like the old WTC.

As far as the actual "renders", well if those ingrates can find or make a better one, that would be appreciated also.
here's a good edit by Gargarensis over at SSC.

Though it showcases 3 WTC contextually so it doesn't include 2 WTC or 125 Greenwich.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2014, 7:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson11 View Post

Lacks the towers in the render I posted, which was the point. (Also not the view from Downtown) Get on it.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 3:46 PM

Quote:
With that rendering you get an idea of how it all balances out, the new WTC not being the lone, dominating supertowers like the old WTC.
Had the twins never been destroyed, they'd have been dwarfed in the not-so-distant future anyway. A skyline dominated by twin monoliths would have inevitably become a relic of a bygone chapter in NYC's history with or without their destruction.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 8:01 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
Had the twins never been destroyed, they'd have been dwarfed in the not-so-distant future anyway. A skyline dominated by twin monoliths would have inevitably become a relic of a bygone chapter in NYC's history with or without their destruction.
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know that we would have gotten many of the initiatives that are transforming Downtown. The new WTC is reshaping the area, so much so that even the WFC is being transformed. The new Downtown is not the old Downtown, it's become a much more attractive place, developers are seizing on that fact and the oportunity that comes with it.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2014, 4:26 PM
New Yorker for life

December 1, 2014

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive