HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 5:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodomReaper View Post
Capstan is getting grey blobs because it's Concord Pacific and Pinnacle, the kings of grey blobs. Richmond has shown at can support striking architecture (by suburban standards) - it's just up to developers:

Agreed that Richmond does have some nice looking buildings. I'm also a fan of Bravo, Aberdeen Centre (incl. the residential building), Ora, and the Quintet development.

--------------------------------------------------

In other news, Intergulf is proposing a 17-storey tower and a 6-storey mid-rise at 8850 University Crescent in Burnaby. Here's the info: https://burnaby.civicweb.net/Documen....aspx?ID=15792

This is two lots west of Altitude, on Burnaby Mountain. So there will eventually be another tower in between this development and the Altitude development, which has completed its first tower and is building the second.

I think that will make it at least a dozen high-rises so far atop Burnaby Mountain.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 6:38 AM

For anyone interested, there is more info available regarding Concord's Brentwood area development. Here's the link: https://burnaby.civicweb.net/Documen....aspx?ID=15813 (3 MB)

The Dawson Street connection will be completed within Phase 2. The first phase of development (Phase 1A) includes two towers at the northwest corner of the site. They are planned to be 42 and 47 storeys tall.

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 4:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancanadian View Post
For anyone interested, there is more info available regarding Concord's Brentwood area development. Here's the link: https://burnaby.civicweb.net/Documen....aspx?ID=15813 (3 MB)

The Dawson Street connection will be completed within Phase 2. The first phase of development (Phase 1A) includes two towers at the northwest corner of the site. They are planned to be 42 and 47 storeys tall.
urbancanadian, is it thus safe to say that the first two towers built at the Brentwood Mall site won't be at the impressive 600 foot height level?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliplanner1 View Post
urbancanadian, is it thus safe to say that the first two towers built at the Brentwood Mall site won't be at the impressive 600 foot height level?
The first two towers at Brentwood Mall (Brentwood ONE & Brentwood TWO) will each be 186.5m or just shy of 612 ft. Just to be clear, the towers I was referencing are part of the "Concord Place Brentwood" development (I assume that's a placeholder name). They are on the south side of Lougheed, between Beta Avenue and Yukon Crescent. Two separate projects!

Old Posted Jul 13, 2015, 11:58 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancanadian View Post
The first two towers at Brentwood Mall (Brentwood ONE & Brentwood TWO) will each be 186.5m or just shy of 612 ft. Just to be clear, the towers I was referencing are part of the "Concord Place Brentwood" development (I assume that's a placeholder name). They are on the south side of Lougheed, between Beta Avenue and Yukon Crescent. Two separate projects!
Thank for the clarification.....oh boy,...you can tell now that I'm an "out-of-towner" who doesn't know Burnaby's street configuration!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2015, 5:16 PM

Concord Gardens, as seen from Aberdeen Centre. Lots of construction activity here, who buys all these units? (my photo)

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Aug 15, 2015, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
Concord Gardens, as seen from Aberdeen Centre. Lots of construction activity here, who buys all these units? (my photo)

[IMG][/IMG]
A lot of people are moving to Richmond because thats where all the action is

Old Posted Aug 15, 2015, 8:05 PM
Rational urbanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourOdeon View Post
A lot of people are moving to Richmond because thats where all the action is
Nobody's talking about Richmond cause there's nothing tall, but there is a lot going on.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2015, 2:30 AM

Looks like you are looking at mostly Pinnacle's and in the background in the center is Concord. We're at Pinnacle on Capstan here (the tower on the right). Out-of-towners like us that love Vancouver and use it as a vacation condo.

If you guys lived in the desert as long as we have, the greenery you guys have up there is very visually stimulating. You guys see it everyday so it's normal.

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Aug 16, 2015, 2:42 AM
See ya down under, mates

Quote:
I think we know who buys all the units.

I don't get the appeal of the north No. 3 area. It's just a bunch of strip malls and condos, no soul, nothing of interest, still lots of empty grass fields. It's just Surrey with less crime.

Steveston is really nice though.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 6:14 AM

i know a friend of mine said his friend who lives in hong kong and owned about 3 or 4 units in a building in Richmond that was barely 5 years old and was having trouble selling them, probably because there are so many newer ones opening up and who wants to buy a 5 year old condo

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 12:39 PM

Technically, if I were him, I wouldn't be flipping them... It'd make more sense to rent them out and take the slow cash...

In any case, that highlights the problem that the region is having right now... we have a lot of people with means doing property speculation and investment on like second, third, fourth or nth properties and that's crowding out all the others (e.g. me) who just want to get their first home and raise a family in the city.

(Before I get yelled at, I should clarify that I do not outright reject property speculation and investment in Vancouver... just that the current situation of people being driven out of Vancouver by high property costs from this activity is undesirable.)

Old Posted Aug 18, 2015, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
i know a friend of mine said his friend who lives in hong kong and owned about 3 or 4 units in a building in Richmond that was barely 5 years old and was having trouble selling them, probably because there are so many newer ones opening up and who wants to buy a 5 year old condo
Same thing is happening in Olympic Village, you can tell by checking out how many units certain realtors have listed.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2015, 2:57 AM

Old Posted Aug 20, 2015, 8:45 PM

Here's a pic I took of Burnaby's radiant towers in the light of near-sunset with Mt. Baker in the background, from our viewpoint when we were staying in DT Vancouver in June earlier this year. Sorry, the view is looking through a pane of glass in case you spot some artifacts that shouldn't be there!

Old Posted Aug 20, 2015, 10:13 PM

Thanks!

What's the building in the foreground?

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 7:32 AM

I believe it's just the top floor of one of the residential buildings of Olympic Village. (Near the corner of W 1st Ave. and Columbia St. ?!) For that shot, I was trying out a new telephoto zoom lens I had brought out on our family holidays. A shot with a wider angle of view reveals our viewpoint on False Creek, with Cambie Bridge in the foreground, Olympic Village just beyond, and the distant Burnaby towers on the left side with that building whose top floor became the foreground of the previous image!

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 8:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Thanks!

What's the building in the foreground?
If you're talking about the one in the center of the photo to the left of the red crane, it's Kwayatsut House at Broadway and Fraser, I believe.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 7:05 PM

Thanks, yeah, the taller one to the left of the red crane.

Looks like a nice building.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2015, 8:00 PM

Oops! Sorry! 'My bad! ... Anyway, is there anything planned for the (big) empty lot to the west of Hinge Park in my photo?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley