HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Oct 2, 2007, 8:52 PM

[Surrey] Park Place | 2*36fl Phase 1 | Completed

A great pic of Infinity uploaded Sept 27th, 2007 by Paradigm4 on Flickr:

By JesseHausner on Flickr uploaded August 27th, 2007:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9811063@N04/1254222019

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9811063@N04/1255083226

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9811063@N04/1255085398

Here's a development that was planned for the site back in the mid-1990s.

Last edited by Dylan Leblanc; Dec 3, 2011 at 3:24 AM.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:17 AM
be nice to the crackheads

I like this tower. Any idea if they'll paint the exposed concrete?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:19 AM

great pics.

i know there are five towers in the development. Is the entire project called Infinity or is it just this building?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 2:33 AM

Nice!

any word on how many units there will be per floor?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 4:54 AM

I thought the whole project of 5 towers was called Infinity.
Can't remember how many suites per floor - they were fairly small but not all one bedrooms or studios.
Not sure if they'll paint the concrete - one Flickr post said paint was missing - but don;t know if there was a basis for the statement.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 5:34 AM
Registered

is this first one the tallest of the 5 ? does anyone know the final height of all the towers ?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2007, 5:41 AM

Not bad, looks pretty wide though.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 6:48 AM

The whole project is called Infinity. Thus far building 1 is slated for completion in January. Tower 2 North(building 2-now under construction) and Tower 2 South(building 3) have also been pre-sold. What happens with 4 and 5 remains to be seen but it's interesting that the developer of Sky across the street is now the developer for Infinity. So, in effect, we have towers 1-3 and 6-7 going up. Bizzare.

The Infinity towers are all 36 stories.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 7:34 AM
Dérive-r

^Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, between Infinity and Sky Towers there will really be quite the cluster there. Can't wait to see it all complete. Surrey will finally have a decent skyline with those 7 new towers (not to mention all the others that will be going up), most of which will be taller than the typical Metrotown condo tower. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we see a tower in the 130-150m range, putting a little bit of pressure on Vancouver to go taller still (hopefully).

Old Posted Oct 6, 2007, 10:13 PM
Pessimistic Capricorn

Quote:
Not sure if they'll paint the concrete - one Flickr post said paint was missing - but don;t know if there was a basis for the statement.
If you look closely at the top 'hat' of the building you can see the grey paint that will work its way down the exposed concrete support beams. It doesn't make a huge difference but gives the concrete a smooth look.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 7:32 AM

Thanks for linking to my three photos. They were taken before the exposed cement structure was painted. Paradigm4's photo at the top gives a good look at the buildings size.

The building looks to be near complete and they are coming along nicely with the lobby area. I'll be honest, it doesn't entirely look like I had expected given the rendering presented to the city but it is still an impressive building when you stand at its base. There are very few residential buildings in the Lower Mainland that impress me the way Infinity 1 does.

I'll most likely be taking some newer photos of it and the currently under construction Infinity 2 and 3 towers beside it in the next week. I'll post links to them on my flickr then.

If there are any other requests, feel free to pass me a note. D'core for example is just a hole in the ground thus why I never bothered to take any pics of it though it is technically under construction right now. :-P Ultra btw is just trees, dirt, and a few hobo couches.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 7:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC420 View Post
If you look closely at the top 'hat' of the building you can see the grey paint that will work its way down the exposed concrete support beams. It doesn't make a huge difference but gives the concrete a smooth look.
Yes the cement has been painted with the same color as the top 'hat' of the building. I'll be honest, it does actually make quite a difference to me at least aesthetically. Up close it looks a lot more like grey siding. I do wish they had included a bit more color as Surrey council had insisted be done for towers 2 & 3.

It's still an impressive looking building up close and in person. Photos don't really do it justice in my opinion.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 7:55 AM

Updated pics would be great.

The curtain wall windows never look as good as the renderings beacuse the glass isn't as reflective as rendered.

So Infinity 2 & 3 will be darked in colour? The variation will be nice.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 5:01 PM

So do we have any idea how tall in meters this thing (and its other sibling towers) will be? It certainly looks to be over 100m, but I have no idea beyond that.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2007, 6:35 PM
Pessimistic Capricorn

^ My guess is 105-110m. It appears to fall just short of Surrey Centrals height of 112m.

Note: The second tower is at about ground level now. It should start rising above ground and take off in a few weeks. The third tower's base core is coming along smoothly and isn't too far behind the second tower. I wish I had photos.

Quote:
If there are any other requests, feel free to pass me a note. D'core for example is just a hole in the ground thus why I never bothered to take any pics of it though it is technically under construction right now. :-P Ultra btw is just trees, dirt, and a few hobo couches.
I believe D'cors' crane is up. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with another development but I know three cranes are up in Surrey right now. Two at Infinity and one at West Whalley Ring Rd. and 104ave.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 7:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC420 View Post
^ My guess is 105-110m. It appears to fall just short of Surrey Centrals height of 112m.

Note: The second tower is at about ground level now. It should start rising above ground and take off in a few weeks. The third tower's base core is coming along smoothly and isn't too far behind the second tower. I wish I had photos.

I believe D'cors' crane is up. Maybe I'm getting it mixed up with another development but I know three cranes are up in Surrey right now. Two at Infinity and one at West Whalley Ring Rd. and 104ave.

Yes it is D"Cor

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 7:54 AM

I have some new pics of the tower...how do I load them? i know Im lame..sorry...lol..

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 8:23 AM
Dérive-r

You need a website to host them on (for example... photobucket.com) and then you need to post the image link sandwiched between...

[ i m g ] (paste image link here) [ / i m g ]

... except get ride of the spaces when you type it in.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 10:31 PM

awsome thanks!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2007, 10:53 PM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley