HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 9, 2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fever View Post
I think the distances get to be too big to make extending skytrain worthwhile. It's just too long of a ride with too many stations.
Dig the map. Love the potential Seattle connection (WCE?) and Chilliwack connections. Though I don't see why you couldn't preserve the north line for train 1 to Mission and Masquti. as for train 6 to Chilliwack, why not just make that an extention of the Mission/Masquti line?

One thought I had, why not add this route aswell:

- Originating in Port Kells, have a line that runs down 104th in Surrey to Gateway (for a transfer onto Expo Line)

- North across the new Port Mann, with transfers along the Millenium Line at Sapperton and/or Braid

- Would run parrellel to or along the same lines as the new Evergreen Line starting at Burquitlam

- Branch off or away from the Evergreen Line at Coquitlam Centre, and would shadow the tracks through Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge until the Golden Ears Bridge, where it would cross and would meet up with it's start point.

It would eliminate the need for the Port Coquitlam line and either the Pitt Meadows or Maple Meadows stations, making the WCE more of an express line for the area while the new Skytrain or LRT line would have the frequent stops. While decreasing the WCE travel time by only a marginal amount of time (5-10 minutes), the lack of frequent stops in the area would have the psycological effect of seeming much faster and more express with the lesser stops, for both people in the local area and commuters coming from all the way down the line in Mission

The areas it would travel through are still fairly low density, and while people may want this preserved in most of Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge, there is no reason why Surrey down 104th couldn't use the incentive, and by going through Port Kells the line connects all the residential to an industrial employment area, giving commuters a single non-stop trip once they get on the train.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure