HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 11:49 PM

It's gone!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 3:46 AM
Fast. Fun. Frequent.

^It sure is. It took them three days to take it down!

I posted a fun update on 600 Park Avenue comparing the first and new renderings.

http://denverinfill.com/blog/2017/03...-update-1.html
Latest Photo Threads: Los Angeles | New Orleans | Denver: 2014 Megathread | Denver Time-Lapse Project For more photos check out: My Website and My Flickr Photostream

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 8:04 AM

Sorry for the length of this post, but I wanted to give light to some small projects the are proposed for around Denver that are currently getting overshadowed (not that I am complaining).

4150 Tennyson

ANB Bank Building Renovation

3350 Blake St.

1428 15th St. (really hope this one happens)

2937 Larimer St.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 4:42 PM

The project at 2937 Larimer is pretty neat as they are incorporating an old building into the new design. Plus, it's the infamous location of Denver's first Shake Shack......

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
The project at 2937 Larimer is pretty neat as they are incorporating an old building into the new design. Plus, it's the infamous location of Denver's first Shake Shack......
That immediate area is already cool and funky - with the Central Market, Our Mutual Friend, Ratio, and Finns' Manor. This will be a great addition. Larimer from Park Avenue to 36th or so is going to be a different world in just a few years.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 7:59 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

Denver, please provide links to the sources of those renderings.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Mar 10, 2017, 9:31 PM

All renderings all from loopnet. Sinple search will give you them.

http://www.loopnet.con

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 12:46 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver#/media/Fileenver_Colorado_1898_-_LOC_-_restoration1.jpg

Dang, I wake up from a nice long siesta and it looks like I'm back in the 1800's. Eh, It takes more than techno-color to fool me. Nice post btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Okay, this is officially the coolest development in Denver in awhile. Love the repurposed manufacturing site and retail lanes going through it.
http://denverrockdrill.com
Definitely, in spades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
Denver circa 1983 was such a depressing place. There had been that great building boom in late 70s and early 80s, then came the 1982 recession and the collapse of the oil markets. At one point, Denver had the highest office vacancy rate downtown in the developed world, reaching 30 percent at one point.

Meanwhile, as shown by the picture, there was that large "rust belt" to southwest, west, and northwest, where Elitches, Pepsi Center, Union Station, Riverfront, Coors Field, RiNO and Ballpark are now. Midtown was also in decline, with a perception of high crime and urban decay. Beautiful historical houses were available on the cheap, if you were willing to live with that.

It was damn depressing. Denver population was in accelerating decline, ultimately losing 30,000 people in the 1980s with a general sense of malaise and decline.

Then and now is such an amazing contrast.
It boggles me mind. Present day compared to the era of see-through buildings downtown.

While Denver had stabilized and there were green shoots in LoDo for me it was getting Coors Field that made a catalytic difference. It gave the city a positive vibe among the whole metro area and helped propel the future of downtown. Not an easy deal to put together and an early example of the will of the Denver/metro residents in supporting the bonding for the ballpark project. Many thanks to the people of Baltimore for creating the first modern-day retro-park in Oriole Park at Camden Yards which was the easy choice for Denver to copy.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 3:16 PM

A few project updates:

- The parking lot at the site of SOVA in Capitol Hill has been closed off.
- The Colorado Association of School Boards building is being vacated to make way for Modera Capitol Hill
- Tree preservation measures are being put in place at the 7th and Grant apartments site
- Two tower crane bases have been installed at the Greystar Speer and Bannock site
- Site work looks to be starting at the Ascent Union Station site

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
All renderings all from loopnet. Sinple search will give you them.

http://www.loopnet.con
He means links to the pages where you found the images per forum rules. You have to provide those links in your original post.

Last edited by The Dirt; Mar 12, 2017 at 1:52 AM.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
A few project updates:

- The parking lot at the site of SOVA in Capitol Hill has been closed off.
- The Colorado Association of School Boards building is being vacated to make way for Modera Capitol Hill
- Tree preservation measures are being put in place at the 7th and Grant apartments site
- Two tower crane bases have been installed at the Greystar Speer and Bannock site
- Site work looks to be starting at the Ascent Union Station site
It's really exciting to here that these projects are moving along. I was afraid the Cap Hill and Uptown ones had stalled.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 5:39 PM

Any idea on how many more floors to be added to the 1144 15th core? Should be almost done.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 6:39 PM

So with CenturyLink buying Level 3 Communications, I have heard rumors they will be vacating their 1801 California location and consolidating in the Level 3 and other CenturyLink offices. They only have about 200k sq. ft right now in the 1801 tower, but its still a significant chunk considering there aren't very many other big blocks of space available until the new commercials towers come online. So who do you all think would be the next big tenant?
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiurban View Post
Any idea on how many more floors to be added to the 1144 15th core? Should be almost done.
The core will go up to level 41, what level are they on currently?
"The engineer is the key figure in the material progress of the world. It is his engineering that makes a reality of the potential value of science by translating scientific knowledge into tools, resources, energy and labor to bring them into the service of man. To make contributions of this kind the engineer requires the imagination to visualize the need of society and to appreciate what is possible as well as the technological and broad social age understanding to bring his vision to reality."

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 10:35 PM

I've been wanting to post these rendering for a while but now that they are public finally can.

2nd and Detroit is a new office building in Cherry Creek that will be jointly developed by BMC and Bow River Capital. The building will consist of ground floor retail and 7 stories of offices above. Demo of the existing building should begin this summer. While I cannot give the exact number, this building is already significantly pre-leased.

http://www.4240architecture.com/on-t...#/2nd-detroit/

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 10:40 PM

Quote:
So with CenturyLink buying Level 3 Communications, I have heard rumors they will be vacating their 1801 California location and consolidating in the Level 3 and other CenturyLink offices. They only have about 200k sq. ft right now in the 1801 tower, but its still a significant chunk considering there aren't very many other big blocks of space available until the new commercials towers come online. So who do you all think would be the next big tenant?
Maybe an oil/gas company since the price of oil seems to be a bit on the rise lately (we all know northeast Colorado, NW Kansas, SW Nebraska and SE Wyoming is the next big fracking spot outside North Dakota/west Texas). Or possibly a tech company from California since Cali seems to be hemorrhaging large businesses, or maybe Miller/Coors could be returning from Chicago (I doubt Miller/Coors since Illinios has a pro-business Republican govenor).

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngiNerd View Post
I would be surprised if they leave. It really comes down to whether level3 will be operated as a subsidiary or integrate into CenturyLink. Further, I doubt the current Level3 facility has 150k of open space. Who knows though.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
I've been wanting to post these rendering for a while but now that they are public finally can.

2nd and Detroit is a new office building in Cherry Creek that will be jointly developed by BMC and Bow River Capital. The building will consist of ground floor retail and 7 stories of offices above. Demo of the existing building should begin this summer. While I cannot give the exact number, this building is already significantly pre-leased.

http://www.4240architecture.com/on-t...#/2nd-detroit/

Nice building. It looks like its replacing this 60s/70s era concrete bunker.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7193...8i6656!6m1!1e1 With all the commercial and residential development Cherry Creek, the real feel density isreally headed up. Those 1st Avenue Traffic jams will be something in afew years!

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 4:27 PM

Developer floats 2,900-acre project south of DIA

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 6:02 PM

Here's a feel-good opinion article that gives me hope Block 162 (at lease the office component), will indeed break ground later this year. This of course assuming no macro-scale economic issues arise.

http://www.crej.com/news/downtown-la...-space-needed/

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West