HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 3:35 AM

^ Cool TakeFive I'm hopefully going to get Medicare this year as I'm retiring in the early spring-thank God (I may even still have part of my Federal employee plan since I'm vested in the Feds)!

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 2:58 PM

Does anyone know if the Rockies overall design has changed since we got the first set of renderings? There was the ground breaking, but no real updated renderings.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 4:22 PM

Denver Infill posted an update on 99 South Broadway - a 1/2 block development with mixed retail and residential.

https://denverinfill.com/blog/2019/0...-update-2.html

There has been a lot of criticism on here (self included) of development in certain corridors (especially Tennyson Street and Welton Street areas), so its cool to be able to point to an infill project that adds a lot of density to a great neighborhood and urban corridor while actually improving the street and the neighborhood.

I think this is in that category, what a great design. Kudos to Nash Communities!

http://www.nashcommunities.com/proje...south-broadway

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
...actually improving the street and the neighborhood
Dumb question, but are they actually doing anything to improve the street/intersection itself? I would love to see a Broadway diet.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 4:56 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbssfelix View Post
Dumb question, but are they actually doing anything to improve the street/intersection itself? I would love to see a Broadway diet.

Nope. But Broadway was reduced by essentially two lanes with the bike lane addition and the conversion of the peak-period bus lane into a 24-hour bus lane. That's something right there. Especially since that bike lane is so wide open...

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 6:17 PM

Just a bit off-topic

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...9-1-1027880138
Quote:
VF Corp., the apparel company behind Vans shoes and the North Face, released third-quarter results that beat on both the top and bottom lines.
Stock was flying higher up 12.5% so in honor of Denver's newest Fortune 500 company I've decide to wear my dark grey with red trim Vans today.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 7:18 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Does anyone know if the Rockies overall design has changed since we got the first set of renderings? There was the ground breaking, but no real updated renderings.
I have a detailed update post on the Rockies project coming to DenverInfill tonight. Overall, the renderings released last year are still largely accurate although there's an extra floor in the condo and hotel towers that are not shown on the renderings. Stay tuned...

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 3:37 AM

**desperately awaits DenverInfill post**

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:36 AM
mmmm... infillicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
**desperately awaits DenverInfill post**
Posted!

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
Posted!
Do I need to squint or did my password expire?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 7:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
I have a detailed update post on the Rockies project coming to DenverInfill tonight. Overall, the renderings released last year are still largely accurate although there's an extra floor in the condo and hotel towers that are not shown on the renderings. Stay tuned...
Wow, talk about perfect timing for me to ask about that project! Sounds like the overall design hasn't changed much from the original unveiling, which is fantastic! I think between this and Market Stations, it's going to add a whole new layer to LoDo/Union Station for those who live/work in the region.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2019, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Wow, talk about perfect timing for me to ask about that project! Sounds like the overall design hasn't changed much from the original unveiling, which is fantastic! I think between this and Market Stations, it's going to add a whole new layer to LoDo/Union Station for those who live/work in the region.
Your Sixth Sense was dialed in. That is quite the design-layout.

I wonder if the Rockies might offer one of the penthouses to Nolan Arenado as a signing bonus if he agrees to stay in Denver instead of going off to the Bronx. A seven year contract should do it.

As you suggest, you gotta be impressed with LoDo's stretch run to the finish line with this project, Market Station, the previous Dairy Block plus solid residential filler at 18th and Market.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Your Sixth Sense was dialed in. That is quite the design-layout.

I wonder if the Rockies might offer one of the penthouses to Nolan Arenado as a signing bonus if he agrees to stay in Denver instead of going off to the Bronx. A seven year contract should do it.
As much as they pay baseball players, for his next new contract the Rockies might have to offer him the whole damn project!

LoL.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 6:52 PM

Quote:
As much as they pay baseball players, for his next new contract the Rockies might have to offer him the whole damn project!
Now that's very true!!

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 7:56 PM

An interesting proposal for the old Gart Bros. Sports Castle property on Broadway submitted to the City:

Quote:
Concept - This is a 16-story, 511-unit apartment building that will wrap two sides of the Sports Castle, which will be preserved for a future public use, like a restaurant, grocery store or event venue. The Sports Castle will provide 7,341 SF of active public use at the ground floor corner of Broadway and 10th Avenue. A ground floor amenity space, envisioned as a coworking space for residents, will provide an additional 15,057 SF of active use along Broadway. The leasing center and community center will provide 7,704 SF of active uses, including the main community entrance, along the corner of Lincoln and 10th Avenue.
Wood Partners is the applicant. They build the "Alta" brand.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds70 View Post
An interesting proposal for the old Gart Bros. Sports Castle property on Broadway submitted to the City:

Wood Partners is the applicant. They build the "Alta" brand.

I saw core samples being taken in the parking lot in front of the I-Kota offices last week, just North of the Sports Castle on the same block. I didn't post because I reasoned that it might have been some wayward construction equipment parked outside a construction office, but I'm beginning to think otherwise.

This is one of those rare occasions in which an entire block of Downtown is built on, but is wildly underutilized. Directly behind the Sportscastle is a 70's-era office building, constructed by the Garts when they were sill a going concern that's been vacant for a long time. On the rest of the block North of the Sportscastle, there's an enormous parking garage complex that hardly sees use, and the tiny little one-story I-Kota office. This would be a very exciting way for pedestrian uses to reclaim more of this part of North Broadway.

Am I nervous about an architectural disaster wrapping the Sportscastle? Yes. BUT, I'd say just about anything is preferable to the YUGE parking garage on the site now.

Last edited by HighSt.; Jan 22, 2019 at 9:24 PM. Reason: Added Observation

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSt. View Post
On the rest of the block North of the Sportscastle, there's an enormous parking garage complex that hardly sees use, and the tiny little one-story I-Kota office. This would be a very exciting way for pedestrian uses to reclaim more of this part of North Broadway.
The creepy as hell garage that plays opera music all the time? Yeah I'd love to see that gone. And Wood Partners' portfolio doesn't appear too impressive from a design standpoint, but anything they build can't be worse than the Beauvallon.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I saw core samples being taken in the parking lot in front of the I-Kota offices last week, just North of the Sports Castle on the same block. I didn't post because I reasoned that it might have been some wayward construction equipment parked outside a construction office, but I'm beginning to think otherwise.

This is one of those rare occasions in which an entire block of Downtown is built on, but is wildly underutilized. Directly behind the Sportscastle is a 70's-era office building, constructed by the Garts when they were sill a going concern that's been vacant for a long time. On the rest of the block North of the Sportscastle, there's an enormous parking garage complex that hardly sees use, and the tiny little one-story I-Kota office. This would be a very exciting way for pedestrian uses to reclaim more of this part of North Broadway.

Am I nervous about an architectural disaster wrapping the Sportscastle? Yes. BUT, I'd say just about anything is preferable to the YUGE parking garage on the site now.
On the other hand, if it is well done this would be a really great project for that part of town.

I was playing around on Google Maps and it looks like the "15,057 SF of active use along Broadway" is likely the entire existing parking garage but probably not the building at 1050 broadway. What has me curious is the 10th & Lincoln reference - are they going to demolish the 1-story office building on that corner?

Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 3:11 AM

Quote:

One of my favorite Greek restaurants (Melita’s) is on the Lincoln side of the block.

With Broadway Market opening on Feb 15 this area will get its first food hall. And with Parq on Speer (302 units), 13th & Delaware (176 units) and Legacy on Speer (322 units) finishing up later this year there will be even more activity in the neighborhood. There is also Lennar’s proposed 17 story tower with 389 units at 10th & Acoma that is about to start construction.

I did see where Holland Partners backed out of the Evans School redevelopment at 11th & Acoma which is unfortunate.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2019, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
One of my favorite Greek restaurants (Melita’s) is on the Lincoln side of the block.

There is also Lennar’s proposed 17 story tower with 389 units at 10th & Acoma that is about to start construction.

Are there drawings on this one? I couldn't find anything about this project on Denver Infill.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West