HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Dec 17, 2018, 8:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
...continues at the DJC (temporarily unlocked).
Such great news! I've been waiting 40 years for something to be built on this block. PDX's new fourth-tallest almost makes it worth the wait!!

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 AM
Registered Ugly

Old Posted Dec 18, 2018, 5:48 PM

I'm hoping for one added bonus from this project: that the Goodman's decide turn another one of their downtown parking lots into a large, destination food cart pod. Maybe this time with an interior courtyard with seating and a small event space - like the one that used to be at 28th and Division. I don't know how food cart rent stacks up against commercial parking, but creating more energy downtown can only help the value of their real estate.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 3:50 AM

Amusing click-bait courtesy of a very young writer over at WW: Goodbye, Alder Street Food Cart Pod. Hello, Portland’s Tallest Hotel

According to the article, there is no timeline for construction and the food carts are actually being "leveled". Also, and this line really did make me LOL, "outrage over lost food carts didn't deter the Design Commission from moving forward with the plans". Is there an adult in the room over there these days?

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post
Amusing click-bait courtesy of a very young writer over at WW: Goodbye, Alder Street Food Cart Pod. Hello, Portland’s Tallest Hotel

According to the article, there is no timeline for construction and the food carts are actually being "leveled". Also, and this line really did make me LOL, "outrage over lost food carts didn't deter the Design Commission from moving forward with the plans". Is there an adult in the room over there these days?
Just recycled content and no real effort or skill in that piece. I wonder how they will “level” the food carts...maybe dynamite or big yellow trucks.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2018, 7:51 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworivers View Post

I miss the days when Willamette Week use to be good journalism. Now is seems they just hire any C student that is fresh out of college and had just moved here.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2018, 7:25 AM

Really like the stepped terraces with trees

Hopefully this looks as good built as the renderings look. Congrats GBD for all the good work!

EV

Old Posted Apr 1, 2019, 8:42 PM

Shoring permit now under review
Quote:
Block 216 - EXC 01 - Shoring and Excavation work to prepare for future 35 story mixed use building with 5 floors of below grade parking

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
Shoring permit now under review
Good news, I was just thinking about this project

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 11:02 PM

I heard from a friend who works on the Central Eastside Industrial Council that the food carts are possibly being relocated to a spot along South Park Blocks, by PSU. Has anyone else heard this? Good for PSU, but a shame that they would be kinda far from the center of downtown activity.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2019, 4:42 PM

DRAFT STUDY IN LEGO BRICKS OF BLOCK 216 & Park Ave. West

Glad to see things progress on Block 216 . . .

https://youtu.be/t082gAZW_S8

Old Posted Apr 30, 2019, 11:06 PM
BANNED

Has the food carts left yet? Construction should be starting soon I assume

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 2:16 AM

The food carts are still there. I haven't really noticed too many that have packed up and moved yet which kind of surprises me.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 2:42 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
The food carts are still there. I haven't really noticed too many that have packed up and moved yet which kind of surprises me.
Maybe they're getting word to hang tight construction might be delayed if cancelled at all

Last edited by Rsc60; May 1, 2019 at 7:16 AM. Reason: .

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 3:36 AM

Speculation is a funny game... also "they're"

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 7:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Speculation is a funny game... also "they're"
Just odd with construction suppose to be starting soon the carts are fully active with no signs of them going anywhere

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsc60 View Post
Just odd with construction suppose to be starting soon the carts are fully active with no signs of them going anywhere
The earliest timetable had them starting excavation in June. According to someone at the Woodlark the carts have been notified that construction is expected to start this summer. No sense in clearing out paying tenants (food carts) any sooner than necessary.

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 3:42 PM

It’s only a year since news of this project broke. The shoring permit is already under review. For those of you who don’t work in architecture / engineering/ construction: that’s incredibly fast for a project of this scale.

It’s always possible that the project won’t break ground, but nothing we’ve seen to date suggests that’s likely.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted May 1, 2019, 5:35 PM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsc60 View Post
It's not like when the Ladd House was being moved a decade ago. These are food carts. They have wheels. They're likely to stay as long as possible unless they find a better spot elsewhere.

Old Posted May 2, 2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oh1 View Post
It's not like when the Ladd House was being moved a decade ago. These are food carts. They have wheels. They're likely to stay as long as possible unless they find a better spot elsewhere.
If they have paid for the space then they likely will stay until their lease time is over-makes sense eh?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland