HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Tour Trinity in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Courbevoie (Paris) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 21, 2012, 8:25 PM

Thumbs up PARIS | Trinity | 151 M / 495 FT | 32 FLOORS

One more Unibail-Rodamco office project we've been aware of since December 2010. The public study is going on right now. Unibail won't publicly expose the design before they get their building permit because the project is said technically complexed to implement, so they may not know yet accurately how the tower would be themselves. So this is the only tiny render we've got so far.

It would sit there:

In front of the Areva tower on this picture.

The project involves to develop a partial cover of the Division Leclerc avenue, the building sitting above that avenue. That's what makes it all the trickier since it's supposed to improve the avenue at the same time, still letting it enjoy the daylight and making it greener (more trees), and providing some better pedestrian accesses to the slab above.

Street View of the spot to be partly covered
, the tower would sit above right there between the CNIT building on the right and the Areva tower on the left.

The building would be composed of 3 blocks (thus its name), 2 of them being 110 and 140 meters tall, and I still don't know what the 3rd block would be. Maybe a pedestal or a mid-rise stuck to the 2 taller blocks.

Those speaking French will have more details on pss-archi's dedicated thread. We'll update this when we've got more anyway.

Last edited by Minato Ku; Feb 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 6:16 AM

Wait, we've got a couple of better rendering pictures though, but they're too large to be displayed in a thread.

Render 1

Render 2

I think it looks nice but I still wonder what exactly happens to the avenue that's widely covered by the extended slab. The lower part of the tower under the slab is supposed to make it look better.

Enlarging the 2nd render shows how the project connects the slab to the streets. Lots of stairs, each provided with an elevator though. The escalator at the foot of the Séquoia tower (to the right on the 2nd render) already exists, an elevator would be added to it. Of course connecting that slab to its surroundings is now an obsessive requirement to all projects.

I'm guessing the 3rd block of the building that I was missing would actually be the central green column on the 1st render.

The building permit would have been granted to Unibail in November, work would begin in early 2013. The slab extension has to come first, then construction of the building proper would start from early 2014. The whole thing would be completed by late 2015.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 8:52 AM

La Defense is so interesting, and seems to be pretty unique in the world, with it totally unorganized urban layout. All these new tower and buildings in La Defense sit in strange angles, squeezed between buildings, over roadways, with circular bridges and stairways connecting them to plazas. I love it. Despite being another high-rise cluster like anywhere else, Paris found a way to keep it unique (or unintentionally it turned out that way).

Old Posted Feb 23, 2012, 5:36 PM
Website Manager

Nice, thanks for posting!

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 4:01 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Building and demolition permits

Picture by Spoudzzi.

Note that the building permit say that the height of the tower is 167m, I think that it includes the spire.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2012, 7:45 PM

Yeah! loving how dense that side of the esplanade is getting, it's gonna be great.
But where in hell are our NIMBYs?? Oh come on! any lil' appeal, dear NIMBYs? Really, I'm a little surprised we didn't hear of anything yet from them. They seem so freaking busy and upset about Phare and Hermitage that this might even go unnoticed... Don't you think we've got something like an efficient tactic to build several towers at a same time in la Défense, Minato? just propose a supertall, then the way is clear for anything smaller.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 8:16 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

So, I have the height: 167m with the Spire and 151m without.

Some pictures from the building permit.

(Note height NGF:, the ground is at 48m NGF.)

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 8:17 PM
Tokyo and Paris fan

Old Posted Mar 21, 2014, 6:47 AM

*Relief* LOL As D2 and Majunga are nearly complete, I was afraid of a total extinction of cranes over la Défense. But work on this is to begin sometime soon. Far from super tall, still good to increase the high-rise density around the huge pedestrian square facing the arch, and to improve pedestrian connections to Courbevoie's neighborhoods.

Here's a short telegram from yesterday in French reporting the upcoming construction.

http://www.businessimmo.com/contents...-03-2014-11-25

[warrior mode] No rest till our highrise district is an actual glory, huh! [/warrior mode]

Old Posted Apr 28, 2014, 7:48 PM

Workers are on the site, launching the preliminary tasks. We've got those higher res. renderings on pss-archi.

Ah, looks like we might have some nice glass to this. Massing as seen on the 2nd rendering is questionable, so materials would better be attractive.

I tell you what, I'm still hurt from Carpe Diem's cladding made in bloody China. Although honestly, tower First got some materials made in France, I believe, that don't look any much better than Carpe Diem's.
This Trinity thing just can't do any worse than those 2.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2015, 3:53 PM

the Site at February 4th 2015 :

Old Posted Oct 17, 2016, 12:46 AM

Under Construction !

1/2

Yesterday :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103688875@N05/

Old Posted Oct 17, 2016, 12:47 AM

Old Posted Oct 17, 2016, 1:32 PM

Mad mad respect to engineers, anywhere in the world... This thing must've caused some little headaches to them.

Whatever, La Défense's infrastructures may be the weirdest in the country, it seems they could deal with any site and make something decent of it.
Just ask them for what's impossible and bring the necessary money along, they'll do it anyhow.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2016, 11:11 PM

Old Posted Oct 31, 2016, 4:04 PM

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 8:58 PM

Old Posted Nov 16, 2016, 7:11 PM

Can we move this thread to "under construction" ? I think it is now clear this tower is u/c

Old Posted Jan 11, 2017, 6:31 PM

Old Posted Feb 12, 2017, 2:55 PM

We have some sample of the façade.
Courtesy of cochise75.

Must be looking decent for a so-called "3rd-world shithole" country like ours.
Lol. Uh, that quote is not mine, huh. It's by some of our gentle and so stylish American friends.

Now seriously, I'm rather concerned about the massing, as often when it comes to high-rise buildings here.

The central column is supposed to make it appear as 3 distinct blocks, hence the name of the building that refers to 3 different aspects of it instead of anything annoyingly religious by the way, but I fear it might still look too wide like some large limp wall that would obstruct connections to its surroundings, while improving connections over the district as a whole should remain the upmost priority.
However, there'll be some shops by the base to make it feel easier if I recall correctly, but maybe not to the foot of the tower proper, which is a pity.

Hard to tell from renderings anyway, especially when the overall layout of the area is the most complex (most uselessly complicated, one should say) you could think of.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive