HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Dec 12, 2016, 8:47 PM

Block 38 (418 SW 2nd Ave) | xx' | 20 floors | Dead

GBD Architects have scheduled a Pre-Application Conference to discuss a project at 418 SW 2nd Ave:

Quote:
New 20-story mixed-use building with ground floor retail, office space on floors 2-8, and 182 multi-family units on floors 9-20, with 4 floors of below-grade parking.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 3:03 AM

This is Block 38 of the Goodman's "Ankeny Blocks" marketing effort. The site includes this building at the corner of SW 2nd and Stark, which I hope is incorporated into the development.

Also, as part of the Central City 2035 the site is set to have its height limit increased from 235' to 325', but I assume they're trying to get in under the current code before IZ hits.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 3:10 AM

Goodbye, 2nd Avenue Records. So many memories.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 5:25 AM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
This is Block 38 of the Goodman's "Ankeny Blocks" marketing effort. The site includes this building at the corner of SW 2nd and Stark, which I hope is incorporated into the development.

Also, as part of the Central City 2035 the site is set to have its height limit increased from 235' to 325', but I assume they're trying to get in under the current code before IZ hits.
I too hope that the Governor Building is retained and renovated as a part of this tower project. It is for the same reasons that I argued to save the Albion Hotel (Lotus) and Ancient Worker's Temple at SW 2nd and Taylor. The Governor is a handsome building that would provide a rich contrast adjacent to a new high-rise. As Portland continues with the current building boom, it is becoming imperative to save more of such buildings before we completely lose the city's history, character, and texture.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2016, 7:40 AM
A before E

I agree with everyone else on this one, I hope they are able to keep the Governor Building, it would be a loss to the architectural history of that area to lose a building like this. I would much rather see them be able to build taller around this building. I was always under the impression that was the intention of being able to transfer air rights from older buildings to help preserve them.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 10:01 PM

Old Posted Dec 31, 2016, 11:15 PM

Strange place for a grocery store...

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 2:02 AM

I expected to see this go in for Design Review before IZ hit, but can't find anything on PortlandMaps.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2017, 8:37 PM

Old Town Chinatown Block 33 has been submitted for Type III Historic Resource Review by William Kaven Architecture:

Quote:
Proposal is for new multi-story mixed use building.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland