HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 1:37 AM
BUFF$LUT

that sounds reasonable, i guess.

well sheesh, i can't wait till it opens? is there a set date for when MAARS opens?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 1:40 AM
BUFF$LUT

i cant wait till it open!!***

geez i've made 2 errors today.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 1:41 AM
BUFF$LUT

opens!!!****

okay thats 3 errors. i need to stop rush typing.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 9:17 PM

Thanks for the info. Yeah I've never been to Luigi's pizza but I have heard good things about it and we certianly need more/better pizza joints in Midtown. IMO Zelda's sucks.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2007, 8:01 PM

Faces expansion photos

Faces has put up photos of its expansion. The pool is completed and the upstairs looks like a V.I.P. lounge. All in all it's lookin' good!
http://www.faces.net/splash/

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 4:21 PM
Got Good Grub?

If you guys get a chance, stop on by The Real Pie Company at 12th & F Streets (NE Corner) for some great baked goods. I stopped by yesterday at about 5:30pm and talked with the woman (Kira?) who owns the place and her husband - they were both really friendly and great to talk with. Too bad they were sold out of most items as it was the end of they day but they said they are doing quite well, which is great to hear. However they can reserve pies for you if you order in advance from their menu on the website. I got two small coconut cream pies for people at work this morning and they were fantastic. They also heavily support local farmers and slow food.

Definitely stop on by, say hi, and buy something from them. Super cool people and great food bought from local farmers! If you want to pick up some pies, be sure to call up and order in advance. Go to the website above, pick out your pie, and order...open Wednesday through Saturday, 10am to 6pm. Great new addition to downtown!

edit: Thanks for finding the error Sactorleans!

Last edited by Grimnebulin; Mar 9, 2007 at 5:09 PM.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 4:35 PM

what does the term "slow food" mean? Does it mean organic, locally grown, hand processed, or just that it shouldn't be bragging about its 40 time?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 4:39 PM
Got Good Grub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon12 View Post
what does the term "slow food" mean? Does it mean organic, locally grown, hand processed, or just that it shouldn't be bragging about its 40 time?
Where's that drum roll smiley?

Here's a link to the local Sacramento Slow Foods website which defines it better than I:

http://www.slowfoodsacramento.com/faq.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowfoods.com
Slow Food, founded in Italy 1986, is an international organization whose aim is to protect the pleasures of the table from the homogenization of modern fast food and life. Through a variety of initiatives, it promotes gastronomic culture, develops taste education, conserves agricultural biodiversity and protects traditional foods at risk of extinction. The movement now has over 80,000 members in over 100 countries.
Your slow 40 time probably refers to me running from a lion after eating one of TRPC's great pies.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 5:04 PM

Correction to your address: The address is 1201 F Street at the NE corner of 12th & F Street. Going there is on my To Do List.

Sampino’s Towne Foods just opened in the strip mall at the NE corner of 16th and F Street: http://midtowngrid.com/sampino/sampinos.shtml

Last edited by Sactorleans; Mar 9, 2007 at 5:50 PM.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 5:07 PM
Got Good Grub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactorleans View Post
Correction to your address: The address is 1201 F Street at the NE corner of 12th & F Street. Going there is on my To Do List.

Sampino’s Towne Foods just opened in the strip mall at the NE corner of 16th and F Street: http://midtowngrid.com/sampino/sampinos.shtml
Good catch - thanks! You might want to change it in my quote in your post too. I go up and down those streets everyday but I always confuse them...

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 5:22 PM

I had a jumbleberry pie from The Real Pie Company last weekend. Really good stuff. It's on the $$$ side, but very good stuff.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2007, 7:00 PM

Badlands

My friend works for TJ the owner of the Depot and Badlands, so i was lucky enough to get a tour yesterday. It looks pretty cool, there are three floors, one of them is below ground and has a bar and a bathroom with about 15 stalls. The upstairs looks over the dance floor and has its own set of bars.

Nate

Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 5:20 PM

I checked out Faces last night....loooong line (but it moved pretty fast), and I have to say, I was really impressed on what they did with the place...I heard a lot of people say there was nothing like it in SF, and it more compared to an upscale place you'd find in LA. Plus, there was a bar station that JUST did martini's.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugit View Post
I was at Pronto on 16th and O a couple weeks ago and I was told by one the workers that there is a new pizza place opening up next door.

It's also going to be open late night serving slices WITH A FULL BAR. I think the people from Paesano's are opening it. Always nice to see another late night spot opening, esp a place that serves pizza slices to soak up the booze.
They just had their opening today. I heard they had $1 slices so I just walked over to check it out (and grab a pint of Newcastle). The pizza is pretty darn tasty. The crust needs to be a little thinner for real NY pizza, but a very worthy effort...I'll be back for sure.

VERY cool feeling place. Small, but has a big city feel to it. Very urban feeling. I think it's going to be a very very popular place, esp with a full bar. It's going to be a cool place to watch the game (they have a couple tv's), grab some drinks, grab a quick slice to go, or a place to soak up the booze late night.

Last edited by sugit; Mar 14, 2007 at 5:08 AM.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 5:56 AM
BUFF$LUT

$1 slices?? do you have to be 21 to go to this place?

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 5:59 AM

Yep, you have to be 21....sorry.

Just kidding.... Had to throw that in..

Since they serve food, you should be good to go. The $1 was for today only I think. I think they are $3 normally

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 6:15 AM
BUFF$LUT

oh snap! i was like damn! well i will definitely have to check this place out. bring some friends. do they have the $1 thing every other day or something? i mean i'm not like cheap, i just wouldn't mind that bargain! haha

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 6:19 AM

Not sure. I think it was just for opening night, but who knows. Maybe it will become a Tuesday night thing...kinda like Baskin Robbins $1 scope night.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 6:47 AM
BUFF$LUT

cool.well is it one of those places you have to get all dressed up for? i'll probably check it out tomorrow night if all goes well.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2007, 6:49 AM

No..very casual.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area