HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Land Development Permit filed today for 98 14th Street, OPUS No. 2 Tower.

Link : "14TH STREET TOWER- LAND DISTURBANCE. 55 STORY HOTEL AND RESIDENTIAL BUILDING WITH RETAIL AND AMENITY SPACE."

This is another step in the right direction.
Yep, thats more aggressive than even the Charles and Emerson, don't think they filed their permits yet.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 8:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Land Development Permit filed today for 98 14th Street, OPUS No. 2 Tower.

Link : "14TH STREET TOWER- LAND DISTURBANCE. 55 STORY HOTEL AND RESIDENTIAL BUILDING WITH RETAIL AND AMENITY SPACE."

This is another step in the right direction.
This doesn't make sense. When they reduced the floor count to 55 stories they said the hotel part of the project was being nixed. Anybody have a clue what is going on?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 8:20 PM

Quote:
"14TH STREET TOWER- LAND DISTURBANCE. 55 STORY HOTEL AND RESIDENTIAL BUILDING WITH RETAIL AND AMENITY SPACE."
I thought they scrapped the hotel portion. Why would they apply for a permit as both residential and hotel but at the lower height? I know it's only land disturbance, but still...

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 8:32 PM

@shivtim

Thanks for all those great photos. I can't get over how awesome One Museum Place looks. That is one quality piece of architecture and design. I prefer that to many of the high rises... That stunning development is my favorite development.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 9:47 PM

Rodney Cook Sr. Park construction to begin in May

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...k-sr-park.html

The newer park design will be a FANTASTIC addition to the Westside of Atlanta. Much better than the previous designs that tried too hard to be formal and traditional.

Quote:
Work will soon begin on a grand new $45 million park on Atlanta’s Westside....

It will have a large pond that will be hold storm water in the event of a major flood. It will have a splash-pad, a playground, a great lawn with a natural amphitheater, a performance plaza, a picnic pavilion, courts for multi-use sports, a fitness area, a boardwalk, an overlook and terraced pools.

The park, which is supposed to open in the spring of 2018, has had a host of partners – the City of Atlanta’s Department of Watershed, which will invest up to $20 million on the storm water retention pond; the City of Atlanta Parks Department; the Trust for Public Land, which is raising $12.7 million for the park design and development; the National Monuments Foundation headed by Rodney Cook Jr., who has raised money for a Peace Column and Peace Pantheon; as well as numerous foundations, community and city leaders.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 10:00 PM

Underground deal has officially closed: http://www.atlantaga.gov/index.aspx?...&recordid=5046

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...k-sr-park.html

The newer park design will be a FANTASTIC addition to the Westside of Atlanta. Much better than the previous designs that tried too hard to be formal and traditional.

This looks GREAT!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehaven View Post
This is my hope too, perhaps there will finally be pressure on the state to help fund MARTA like it should.

Either way, I think it takes 30-40 days.
Investigation, Structural Evaluation (likely other spans that did not fall will also have to be replaced), Demolition, Design, Procurement (State Bid) and Construction. This will all take a while. 4-6 months minimum-- Assuming this is a rush process--Ordinarily this might take a year or longer.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
likely other spans that did not fall will also have to be replaced
GDOT confirmed this, the southbound lanes and adjacent sections will all need to be replaced. I'd be surprised if it was open before winter. Maybe fall if we're lucky, but that seems optimistic.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2017, 11:26 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
GDOT confirmed this, the southbound lanes and adjacent sections will all need to be replaced. I'd be surprised if it was open before winter. Maybe fall if we're lucky, but that seems optimistic.
I think much faster than that, especially if they are already close to knowing what can stay and what must be replaced. No way is this going to take a half year or longer.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 12:04 AM

I remember reading that the Peachtree pine shelter was supposed to shut down around spring time.. Is this still happening anytime soon?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 12:37 PM

The proton-therapy machine is finally being delivered today to the Emory Center. They had 2 lanes of North Avenue blocked this morning at around 6am between Peachtree and Juniper.
I was able to get a picture, but it wasn't the best quality since it was still pretty dark:

Emory

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One ATLien View Post
I remember reading that the Peachtree pine shelter was supposed to shut down around spring time.. Is this still happening anytime soon?
Yes, today is its last day of operation.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 4:01 PM

Quote:
April Fool!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGump View Post
April 1st? ....

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 5:48 PM

That park is spectacular. What a beautiful green space in the heart of the city.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Investigation, Structural Evaluation (likely other spans that did not fall will also have to be replaced), Demolition, Design, Procurement (State Bid) and Construction. This will all take a while. 4-6 months minimum-- Assuming this is a rush process--Ordinarily this might take a year or longer.
No way. Two months max. This is not an ordinary construction project....they already have contracts with on-call contractors (i.e. CW Mathews is out there removing debris as we speak). They will work 24/7 under lights.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
I have close friends that live in several of the high rises mentioned. I visit them all hours of the day from early morning until 3-4 in the morning/late night returning from a night out. I've spent afternoons/evenings at the pools and at parties in the community spaces at these places. They've always been secure respectful and fun events. My friends also leave their doors unlocked and have for years because they feel safe and are surrounded by respectable people. Such garbage spread so easily and the people that will read and believe it is unreal. Get back to real development news not some crap because someone is pissed they got kicked out for not being able to pay rent or something along those lines. That's what it all sounds like to me! I've lived a very different experience and have friends that live in many of these various new buildings. This is development news not a site to discuss personal garbage stories!
Well said! Thank you!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
This doesn't make sense. When they reduced the floor count to 55 stories they said the hotel part of the project was being nixed. Anybody have a clue what is going on?
Plus other media was reporting an October groundbreaking. Is this fake?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2017, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaden View Post
@shivtim

Thanks for all those great photos. I can't get over how awesome One Museum Place looks. That is one quality piece of architecture and design. I prefer that to many of the high rises... That stunning development is my favorite development.
Yes, thanks Shivtim, for the pics.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations