HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

45 Broad Street in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 2:50 PM

Just stepped out of my office for some air, and theres construction equipment on site and workers. Looks like this one is actually moving forward.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 3:33 PM
New Yorker for life

^ Maybe there's a rendering or something on site there so we can get an idea of what exactly is planned for the site.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 8:18 PM

and here i thought this was a dead project. Downtown needs more modern 700ft+ buildings to stand out along with Beekman and the supertalls at the WTC. This, 50 west street and 99 church street will be great additions.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2012, 9:10 PM
don't *meddle*...

Great news, looks like another stalled project is back from the dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
^^ Yeah, according to CTBUH too:

Figures
Height: Architectural 216.0 meter / 709 feet
Height: To Tip 216.0 meter / 709 feet
Floors Above Ground 62
Can a mod please change to thread title to 216M and Nobu Tower? Thanks.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/new-...nd-residences/

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 3:15 AM

Yesterday

There was activity at the site yeterday!:

(sorry for the poor picture, was in a rush and with friends)

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 3:58 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Hmm, I can only find permits mentioning a 53 story tower on dob, not 62 floors.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Wo...32&requestid=2

There is a fresh complaint from the demo of the annex behind though.
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Ov...key=0001540654

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 10:32 AM

That would be amazing to see a 700 foot tower rise on this site... I wonder if the height / floor count has been reduced because they've acquired that annex behind and the site has gotten larger? Regardless this one will be an interesting one to watch.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2012, 5:04 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

The annex was always part of the project.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 3:10 AM

So based on the picture I posted, what can you guys tell me? Are they just keeping the lot in good condition to draw investors?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
The annex was always part of the project.
Interesting, I wonder if the design has changed. It seems surprising they would want to reduce the height. I imagine apartments above ~500 ft in this part of downtown would have some pretty amazing views.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2012, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarn View Post
Interesting, I wonder if the design has changed. It seems surprising they would want to reduce the height. I imagine apartments above ~500 ft in this part of downtown would have some pretty amazing views.
I have no idea of the plans for this buildings, but you can't go by DOB.

There are a million reasons why the posted plans wouldn't be the final height, from need to purchase additional air rights, to submission of an as-of-right design (thus allowing construction to commence) prior to city approval of the final design.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2012, 11:36 AM

Any news on this one?

Old Posted Oct 14, 2012, 12:48 PM

25 Broad, 627 Greenwich both return to lenders
Katherine Clarke
April 18, 2012

http://therealdeal.com/blog/2012/04/...rn-to-lenders/

Quote:
The building at 45 Broad Street, slightly south of 25 Broad, hit the foreclosure auction block in November 2011 with an outstanding lien of $72.5 million in total, The Real Deal previously reported. Lehman took control of that property last month for $76.79 million, according to public records.

“They’re going to bring them to market in a big way,” Lawrence Porter, a managing director of Newmark Knight Frank who attended the auction, speculated.

I'm not sure if the Lehman Estate is going to build anything though, they may just be prepping the site so it is development ready, and then sell it to a developer so they can pay off their creditors.

Last edited by Barbarossa; Oct 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2014, 7:41 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

The Real Deal:

Formerly Swig-owned development site in FiDi hits market
Hiten Samtani January 15, 2014 09:25AM

Quote:
A Financial District development site that will allow for a 264,200-square-foot residential tower or hotel has hit the market for an undisclosed amount.

The site at 45 Broad Street once belonged to Kent Swig, but he was forced to turn it over in 2011 after defaulting on a loan.

There is no height restriction in the area,” Cushman & Wakefield’s Nat Rockett told the New York Post. Rockett is marketing the site, located between Exchange and Beaver streets, along with colleagues Helen Hwang, Jared Kelso, Karen Wiedenmann and Sujohn Sarkar. He added that he expected bidders to focus on residential condominiums and hotels, as condos were selling for north of $2,000 per square foot and the hotel market area in the area remains underserved.

Swig purchased the site in 2006 for $29 million, and had plans to construct a 62-story hotel and condominium development named Nobu Hotel and Residences, as The Real Deal reported. He partnered with actor Robert De Niro but the project never saw the light of day.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 1:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Smile NEW YORK | 45 Broad St | FT | FLOORS

http://www.globest.com/news/12_776/n...Up-341772.html

Development Site Sales Heat Up

There are several possibilities for 45 Broad St., and none of them have a specified height restriction.

By Rayna Katz
January 16, 2014

Quote:
Development site sales are on fire.

Cushman & Wakefield has been tapped to market a whopping 264,200-square-foot site in the of-the-moment Downtown corridor, at 45 Broad St. At the same time, HFF has closed on a parcel in Chelsea that spans just 7,538 square feet yet it sold for $42.8 million. The latter property includes development rights for more than 144,000 square feet.

Analysts earlier this week indicated that these types of notable transactions are to be expected in 2014. Development site sales “have really taken off,” said Robert Knakal, chairman, Massey Knakal, in a fourth quarter briefing earlier this week.

Located steps from the World Trade Center, 45 Broad St. likely will become a super-luxury residential or mixed-use property. Based on Knakal’s report on average pricing, the spot could command a price as high as $117.6 million. A Cushman spokesman declined comment.

The parcel would afford an investor the opportunity to build a new tower in the Financial District with no specified height restriction, according to Cushman & Wakefield. Based on initial architectural studies, the site can support a 45- to 50-story tower, providing views of the skyline and New York Harbor.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 1:50 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.rew-online.com/2014/01/15...-broad-street/

Cushman team marketing 45 Broad Street

By REW Staff
January 15, 2014

Quote:
Cushman & Wakefield announced today (Wednesday) that it has been exclusively appointed to market 45 Broad Street, a development opportunity in the Financial District.

Located steps from the World Trade Center, 45 Broad Street is a vacant site offering approximately 264,200 s/f of FAR for residential and/or commercial use.

The development scope is ideal for a super-luxury residential or mixed-use property. An investor has the opportunity to construct a new tower in the Financial District, within the C5-5 Special Lower Manhattan zoning district, which has no specified height restriction.

Based on initial architectural studies, the site can support a 45- to 50-story tower, according to the brokers marketing the site – Nat Rockett, Helen Hwang, Jared Kelso, Karen Wiedenmann and Sujohn Sarkar.

Added Rockett, “While it’s been talked about for quite some time, the Downtown story is just now taking off with respect to commercial demand and residential pricing.

“With the arrival of major employers to the World Trade Center, the addition of two spectacular transit hubs and one million square feet of new retail, the stage is set for a world-class residential, hotel or mixed-use project at 45 Broad.”

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 1:51 PM

Back in the last development boom, this was supposed to be Nobu Tower, a 710 foot residential building. Hopefully with some additional air rights this can be pushed to be somewhat taller.

In this specific location you really need something approaching supertall status to stand out.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 3:22 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Merge threads?

NEW YORK | Nobu tower | 45 Broad St | 709 FT / 198 M | 62 FLOORS

NEW YORK | 45 Broad St | FT | FLOORS is an appropriate thread title for this site now, but the evolution of the site is rich and should be included!

Edit: I guess I wouldn't call it rich, but it's another back from the dead. Hopefully a new developer will build this site to its full potential.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Jan 16, 2014 at 3:35 PM.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 3:23 PM
Ex Houstonian

That tower looks quite uninspired.

Old Posted Jan 16, 2014, 9:09 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
That tower looks quite uninspired.
It's basically a mockup of a tower that could be built on site. Whatever firm gets chosen (it depends on who actually buys the site) will design the tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals