HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 4:17 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Would I love to have a place in costa rica. Sure.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3134090/b...in-costa-rica/
My problem with it is he is the Premier of the Province. Spending 2 months a year in costa rica. "Getting work done" while not using electronic communications. They would literally ship papers copies to Costa Rica, special for Brian. Remember his wife using her personal email for Brian's official Provincial business?

How is that any good for Manitoba? IMO, it's not. And now the Province isn't paying it's bills, so wtf is he doing?
In 2016, I overlooked Palliser's faults, on the basis that I hated the NDP, and wanted them gone, after being corrupt for the last two terms in office they had. Sadly, Palliser will cruise to an easy victory in the next election, unless the NDP dumps Kinew. Nobody is going to vote for a party with a violent criminal at the helm.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likka View Post
In 2016, I overlooked Palliser's faults, on the basis that I hated the NDP, and wanted them gone, after being corrupt for the last two terms in office they had. Sadly, Palliser will cruise to an easy victory in the next election, unless the NDP dumps Kinew. Nobody is going to vote for a party with a violent criminal at the helm.
If Wab had come from a really disadvantaged background like a lot of reserve kids I would definitely be willing to overlook his transgressions. I think that's the story he wants people to buy - Poor indigenous kid overcomes hardships and puts his life on a new path. Except that Wab came from a very privileged background and just chose to be a thug anyway. I suppose he thought it was cool and part of being a rapper. You can't give somebody the same type of praise for overcoming their demons when they really had no excuse to behave that way in the first place.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 9:00 PM

Say what? He wrote a book about his background. You can read it if you want.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2019, 9:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Say what? He wrote a book about his background. You can read it if you want.
He grew up in suburban Winnipeg, son of a university professor and policy analyst. Went to private high school. Not sure how you disagree with that being different than a typical indigienous upbringing.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
He grew up in suburban Winnipeg, son of a university professor and policy analyst. Went to private high school. Not sure how you disagree with that being different than a typical indigienous upbringing.
Thanks Einstein, but you missed the point. Above he was alleging that Kinew was trying to put himself off as something he is not. I was pointing out that he hasn’t done that, in fact his background is on the public record. So you misinterpreted the point I was making.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks Einstein, but you missed the point. Above he was alleging that Kinew was trying to put himself off as something he is not. I was pointing out that he hasn’t done that, in fact his background is on the public record. So you misinterpreted the point I was making.
How mature of you. His main point was that Kinew's poor behaviour as a youth doesn't have the excuse of the hardships that many indigenous youth face. Also the fact that he wrote a book about his upbringing doesn't mean he doesn't hope the electorate, most of whom don't know his background, assume he came from a rough upbringing. I'm not Wab Kinew, and I assume neither are you, so you can speak to what he thinks with no more authority than anyone else.

Last edited by cheswick; Feb 15, 2019 at 4:37 PM.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2019, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Maybe I shouldn't have suggested Wab was "selling" anything. Maybe he tried to cultivate a rougher image during his rap career and played-up his connections to the res - tough to have street cred as a rapper when you're a rich private-school kid from the suburbs. Maybe before I learned his story I just assumed he had a rough upbringing because why else would many people be so forgiving of his transgressions? Either way I stand by my original point, if he came from harsh circumstances, his past wouldn't be a problem for me and changing his ways would be worthy of praise and admiration. But that's not the case. Anyways isn't this thread about transit?

Old Posted Feb 17, 2019, 3:56 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have suggested Wab was "selling" anything. Maybe he tried to cultivate a rougher image during his rap career and played-up his connections to the res - tough to have street cred as a rapper when you're a rich private-school kid from the suburbs. Maybe before I learned his story I just assumed he had a rough upbringing because why else would many people be so forgiving of his transgressions? Either way I stand by my original point, if he came from harsh circumstances, his past wouldn't be a problem for me and changing his ways would be worthy of praise and admiration. But that's not the case. Anyways isn't this thread about transit?
sorry about that. I guess Winnipeg's transit system is underwhelming, and the BRT hasn't exactly turned heads .

Old Posted Feb 27, 2019, 6:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzqBTcYRYxM

Here's a video interviewing a couple transit staff. Not a whole lot of substance here, but gives a bit of information.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 1:53 AM

This is a great general information video!

(Check out comment #3 for a good laugh. )

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 2:35 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Old Posted Feb 28, 2019, 3:09 PM

Tell us how you really feel zebra. haha

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 8:22 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Wow. Winnipeg transit operator charged with careless driving causing death. Has to be a first.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Wow. Winnipeg transit operator charged with careless driving causing death. Has to be a first.
Are you talking about the 2015 accident where charges were laid or is there a more current one?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 8:30 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Was on 17/11/2017, Graham and Fort.

EDIT was 13/11/2017.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 8:42 PM

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 10:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
It was an accident.

Would you be so concerned and mortified if it had happened in your precious little Cobourg?

Last edited by Pinus; Mar 9, 2019 at 12:22 AM.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 10:43 PM
Winnipeg

By the way I just learned that New Flyer's current bus is called XCelsior. I like it, sounds smooth.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 12:50 AM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post

It was an accident.

Would you be so concerned and mortified if it had happened in your precious little Cobourg?
Not mortified, just upset. And yes,I would also be concerned if it happened here. Why do you ask?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2019, 2:05 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Not mortified, just upset. And yes,I would also be concerned if it happened here. Why do you ask?
Why do I ask? I ask because I find your responses disingenuous in nature concerning the well-being of the city, province and the people who live here (besides your family of course), and will find any reason to slag the place you no longer live in.

That is why I ask.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan