Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 12:14 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokilamockingbrd View Post
some information not sure if posted

http://thespaces.com/2016/03/01/gold...-broad-street/

I am surprised they are targeting "mid to entry level buyers". With the gaudy appearance I was assuming ultra luxury.
They've been saying that for a while now. Even SHoP's 9 Dekalb in Brooklyn will be a rental with 20% affordable housing.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 5:08 PM

2 additional renderings which were hiding on Pizzarotti Group's website

http://www.pizzarotti-ibc.com/#!45-broad/clio

Old Posted May 10, 2016, 6:52 PM
New Yorker for life

Cool. Every extra rendering helps.

Quote:
A Real Estate development project between Pizzarotti IBC and Madison Equities, 45 Broad is a premier site in Manhattan's Finical District, two steps away from the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The 65 story residential tower will be the highest condo in Downtown Manhattan. It will be priced to sell to young singles and family buyers at very affordable prices in today's market. 45 Broad will have amazing views of the New York Harbor, Statue of Liberty as well as the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges.

80 South Street will top both this and 125 Greenwich. But as things stand today, yes this would be the highest.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 8:07 AM

I am one huge fan of this tower. The interplay of gold highlights and modernist composition really create a powerfully elegant building.

Old Posted May 13, 2016, 10:29 PM
New Yorker for life

Imagine if this were going up in Brooklyn near 9 DeKalb.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 12:23 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Last Action: PRE-FILING 05/18/2016 (A)

13 Building Characteristics

Primary structural system: Masonry Concrete (CIP) Concrete (Precast) Wood
Steel (Structural) Steel (Cold-Formed) Steel (Encased in Concrete)

Proposed
Structural Occupancy Category: II - OTHER THAN I, III OR IV
Seismic Design Category: CATEGORY B
2014/2008 Code Designations?
Occupancy Classification: R-2 - RESIDENTIAL: APARTMENT HOUSES Yes No
Construction Classification: I-B: 2 HOUR PROTECTED - NON-COMBUST Yes No
Multiple Dwelling Classification: HAEA
Building Height (ft.): 1,115
Building Stories: 66

Dwelling Units: 150

1 Location Information (Filed At)
House No(s): 45 Street Name: BROAD STREET
Borough: Manhattan Block: 25 Lot: 7 BIN: 1088632 CB No: 101
Work on Floor(s): SC1,SC2,CEL,34M,64M,12M 001 thru 065 Apt/Condo No(s): Zip Code: 10004
=============================
http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 2:50 AM
New Yorker for life

Love it.

http://www.6sqft.com/madison-equitie...cial-district/

Madison Equities Files Permit for 1,115-Foot Supertall Condo in the Financial District

MAY 19, 2016
BY ONDEL HYLTON

Quote:
Madison Equities and Pizzarotti Group filed a new building application yesterday to construct a 1,115-foot supertall skyscraper at 45 Broad Street in the heart of the Financial District. When finished, reportedly in 2018 (good luck with that), the tower will be the second tallest building in lower Manhattan after 1 WTC, and the sixth tallest in the city.

As detailed by the application, the tower will comprise 371,634 gross square-feet of floor area spread across 66 floors. Listed are 150 units, a bit less than the 245 condo-residences Pizzarotti CEO, Rance MacFarland said there would be earlier this year.

Supposedly, the building will cater to “entry- and mid-level buyers” with relatively conservative prices of below $2,000 per square foot on average. To afford the maximum amount of residences with coveted views of the harbor and the skyline, apartments will begin on the 15th floor where they are configured at four-units per floor up to the 33rd level. Floors 35-51, 53,55 and 57 will have three units per floor and floors 52, 54, and 58 just two units. Floors 61 and 62 will host two duplex aeries and the uppermost residential floor, 62, will house a single full floor penthouse that will be the highest residence in hemisphere outside of Billionaires’ Row. Amenities on the lower, view-deprived floors will include a 60-foot indoor lap pool, a gym, a garden, a pet spa, a game room, bike room and other entertainment areas.

New York-based CetraRuddy are listed as the architects. The versatile firm is awash in projects of various scales and programs and are the architects behind some of the city’s most successful residential projects, such as One Madison, the Walker Tower, and the conversion of 443 Greenwich Street in Tribeca.

Recently, CityRealty sat down with the firm’s co-founder, Nancy Ruddy to discuss the firm’s hands-on approach and the firm’s design flexibility which allows the property to inform the design rather than imposing any signature style. Renderings of 45 Broad unveiled earlier this year show a three-tiered glass spire adorned by vertical gold-colored accents. A mid-section of thatched latticework resolves the transition between the more slender lower levels and the wider cantilevering upper half. The tower culminates in an angled filigreed crown that is sure to be a prominent marker on the downtown skyline.

The skyscraper is one of more than 20 supertall skyscrapers (+1,000-feet) in various stages of development for the city. In February, we reported that the team has wasted no time getting started with soil testing vehicles already present on the long vacant site.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 4:21 AM

I'm watchin' this one like a hawk . .
at least the "filigreed crown" indicates energy & endeavor . .
I'm admitting to a knot of excitement in the gut . .
from what I can see from the illustrations, . .
this one is extremely quirky in a great way . .

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 4:23 AM
New Yorker for life

^ Yeah, it's also battling 125 Greenwich for residential supremacy, Downtown's tallest. But 80 South Street will likely blow both out of the water in both height, (and hopefully design).

I'm trying to decide how many extra feet the top of the crown provides.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 4:32 AM

i only hope the designs of 125 Greenwich and 80 South St. . .
aren't merely rectilinear glass pencils . . nevertheless . .
3 downtown super-tall apartment towers . .
should liven up the harbor-view silhouette . . .

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 9:20 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Excluding 432 Park, if this was to start construction right now as a sake of an example, we would have 10 supertalls u/c at the moment. This is not factoring in WTC2 which is stalled (but will rise in time due).

10!

Add that to the 7 that are complete (includes 432).

Not to mention the ones that will start up. I guess we could add MW 1 to the list. So it's really 11 u/c.

Hunsers full super tall list is really becoming a reality.

45 Broad looks to be an iconic tower based on those renderings. We could kinda get an idea of how luxurious it will be. It has a pretty low amount of units, so its going to be high end stuff.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 4:04 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
80 South Street will top both this and 125 Greenwich. But as things stand today, yes this would be the highest.
Indeed, let's just hope the luxury condo market stays strong enough.

Old Posted May 20, 2016, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
Indeed, let's just hope the luxury condo market stays strong enough.
luxury market is still very strong. Its the ultra-luxury end of the market where people have some concerns. I think the 2-10 million range still has alot of depth in it.

Old Posted May 21, 2016, 12:47 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

^^^^^

That's really what it is. I think people read to much into it. There are many price ranges that comprises luxury. All with varying levels of demand and supply either currently built, projected, or u/c.

A slowdown in ultra luxury does not spell doom for the residential sector as a whole.

Old Posted May 22, 2016, 12:32 AM
DENNAB

I realize that but wouldn't a building like 80 South Street count as ultra luxury and not just normal luxury considering it's massive height? (A building that size seems like it would have to be to be profitable). I suppose the ceilings aren't quite as high as Nordstrom despite being a bit shorter so maybe not...

Old Posted May 22, 2016, 1:22 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its more to do with how expensive the land is, construction costs, the amount of units, and how can the developer make a profit based on all of this. Doesn't necessarily have to be tall. Its really a relationship that accounts for soft + hard costs, and the less units you have, the pricier its going to be to make up for those costs plus the head room for profit.

220 South Street is much shorter than 432 Park, yet it will boast a penthouse that's 2.5x the price of the most expensive unit at 432 Park. Its also in an area thats far more pricer than the lot that 432 sits on and has costs that are much similar in terms of hard costs.

I don't think 80 South will command the prices that 220 CPS is asking but its in the ultra luxury division. There is a slow down, but its not something that is approaching 0. There is still demand, but its not as bullish as it was 2 years go. But its still there and thus, towers like this and 80 South and 9 Dekalb will rise.

Old Posted May 22, 2016, 8:11 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokilamockingbrd View Post
some information not sure if posted

http://thespaces.com/2016/03/01/gold...-broad-street/

I am surprised they are targeting "mid to entry level buyers". With the gaudy appearance I was assuming ultra luxury.

^ congrats on the first use of gaudy -- more to come lol!

well best of all its tawl and i love the fancy pants crown, the design and the expanded upper section as well. the gold though, i dk. too trumpy. but it will look great in gold and that is certainly a fitting color for down there. i'm so sick of blue and green tinted glass bldgs, so what the heck, shake it up. even if it somehow turns out not so great, there is no possible way it could be gaudier than it's neighbor, that stoopid eyesore beaver bldg.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2016, 2:11 AM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=02

Quote:
06/02/2016

SUPPORT OF EXCAVATION FOR 66-STORY RESIDENTIAL BUILDING

Old Posted Jun 20, 2016, 9:36 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

More Investors Sign On to 45 Broad St.

Quote:
Madison Equities is taking on foreign partners for the skyscraper the New York development firm plans to construct at 45 Broad St. downtown.

Gemdale Properties and Investment, a developer in the Greater China region, will join Madison Equities and Italian real-estate company Impresa Pizzarotti & CSpA in building a 1,100-foot tower with 206 condo units and 59,000 square feet of office space, according to Robert Gladstone, chief executive of Madison Equities.

In its first New York project, Gemdale will serve not only as investor but also development partner, Mr. Gladstone said.

“We live in a global society; everything is a collaboration today,” Mr. Gladstone said. “This allows [Madison Equities] to buy materials from two submarkets and take advantage of the best materials, price and delivery.” The building’s curtain wall, he said, will be made in Europe.

Gemdale was drawn to the project partly because of the anticipated pricing for the residential condos, according to Mr. Gladstone. In response to a softening market for ultraluxury apartments, Madison Equities decided to include smaller apartments at lower price points.

“Ninety percent of the apartments fall into $4 million and below pricing, with some priced below $1 million,” Mr. Gladstone said. “No one is doing that in Manhattan for new luxury development.”

Mr. Gladstone declined to disclose the price of the project and said structural costs are still being calculated. The venture plans to break ground this fall and anticipates construction to last about three years.
=========================
http://www.wsj.com/articles/whats-th...ase-1466383356

Old Posted Jun 20, 2016, 11:51 PM

Breaking ground this fall sounds awesome!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals