HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 10:07 PM

Nice find! I like how the facade of the new building picks up the curve of the circular plaza at the intersection of Peachtree and 15th. None of the retail slots seems particularly evocative of an Apple Store, though, unless they carve out a double-height space at the base of one of the towers.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 10:47 PM

Site Plan

Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Nice find! I like how the facade of the new building picks up the curve of the circular plaza at the intersection of Peachtree and 15th. None of the retail slots seems particularly evocative of an Apple Store, though, unless they carve out a double-height space at the base of one of the towers.
I think we can safely put to rest the idea of an Apple store here. As someone correctly pointed out earlier, Apple is very conservative wrt how they select their store locations. They will only open in places with proven retail traffic and satisfactory sales /sf. They waited until the second phase to make the move to Avalon and the same may be true at PCM.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I think we can safely put to rest the idea of an Apple store here. As someone correctly pointed out earlier, Apple is very conservative wrt how they select their store locations. They will only open in places with proven retail traffic and satisfactory sales /sf. They waited until the second phase to make the move to Avalon and the same may be true at PCM.
Yeah, I remember that discussion, but I could've sworn that someone posted that NAP was meeting with people from Apple a week or two ago. Can't find the article now, so maybe I was hallucinating...

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 2:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Yeah, I remember that discussion, but I could've sworn that someone posted that NAP was meeting with people from Apple a week or two ago. Can't find the article now, so maybe I was hallucinating...
Probably was a touch base meeting about their new Avalon store.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 2:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydawg View Post
Probably was a touch base meeting about their new Avalon store.
I am actually the one that reported Apple's VP of Retail met with North American Properties a couple of weeks ago. Personally I would find it unusual for someone of this level at Apple to being flying into Atlanta for just a casual meeting.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2017, 3:16 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

Ugh, they're keeping the parking deck ramps and auto valet lanes on Peachtree now? This is the biggest pedestrian experience killing feature currently there.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2017, 7:22 PM

They let a bunch of folks up on the top of the 400 building today to look around as apart of Open House Atlanta. Fantastic view for sure. They also let people into their sales room but that was pretty underwhelming in my opinion unfortunately.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2017, 4:24 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadsen View Post
They let a bunch of folks up on the top of the 400 building today to look around as apart of Open House Atlanta. Fantastic view for sure. They also let people into their sales room but that was pretty underwhelming in my opinion unfortunately.
The helipad was one of the highlights of Open House Atlanta! I was not impressed by the sales room either and got the impression there is still a lot that is undecided-or at least not ready to be shared with the great unwashed.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2018, 11:29 PM

Colony Square Food Court to come down

https://whatnowatlanta.com/demolitio...-court-atrium/
Quote:
Interior demolition on the Colony Square food court is underway as developer North American Properties (NAP) seeks to "reimagine" the landmark Midtown development.

A permit application was submitted to the City of Atlanta late-December for "vertical demolition" of the property's "existing mall;" a $6,200,000 expense.

The "actual building" that houses the food court will begin demolition this spring, a Colony Square spokesperson Wednesday told What Now Atlanta (WNA) in an email.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 9:28 PM

Quote:
This is what it looks like currently correct?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmadsen View Post
This is what it looks like currently correct?
Yes. It's open often and heavily underutilized in the evenings and weekends.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 4:02 PM
BANNED

Note to self - schedule a Computer Basics and Introduction to the Internets Training for Megalopolis

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:24 AM

Nice. That looks like renderings of Building 300 from the site plan above.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 1:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Nice. That looks like renderings of Building 300 from the site plan above.
Yep it is definitely Building 300 and it will be 87K sqft. I am not sold on the design - very clinical looking. As much as I have grown tired of all glass buildings, I feel like that is what is needed to break all of the Brutalist concrete buildings. Fingers crossed this delivers something special for the neighborhood.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 3:24 PM
BANNED

Colony Square 500 - 116K Office

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 9:37 PM
Kev K

Sorry for the large number of photos, but it looks like the 'rooftop' of Colony Square is not long for this world and only has a week or two before its blocked off to pedestrians for good. This was always a cool hidden space that was never properly activated, but was a nice quiet respite away from the bustle of Peachtree St, especially in the summer months.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2018, 11:04 PM

Cool. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2018, 10:31 PM

They have posted another updated fly-thru video although its hard to tell what has changed. I believe they have just added a little more detail as they refine the design.

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 6, 2018, 5:21 PM

Agreed. It doesn't look like much has changed, except the part in the new animation at about 2:00 where (inside Main & Main) it pans around and looks back toward the Quad before turning back around and heading toward the Grove.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta