HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 29, 2017, 2:32 PM

I went along Spring yesterday and the parking deck is 4 stories already, despite what it looks like along west Peachtree. I presume we’ll see more progress once the parking deck is topped out

Old Posted Oct 29, 2017, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I went along Spring yesterday and the parking deck is 4 stories already, despite what it looks like along west Peachtree. I presume we’ll see more progress once the parking deck is topped out
Well I don't know, I mean even that has taken months....

Old Posted Oct 29, 2017, 5:13 PM

Progress is slow on quite a few jobs, and the primary reason seems to be a severe nationwide shortage of labor in various trades. In fact I read that construction workers have been leaving Atlanta in search of higher rates elsewhere. Correct me if wrong, but it seems Atlanta is still primarily nonunion in most sectors and the wage scales are lower. That's good in terms of containing construction costs but not good in the current context of skills shortages. I think we just have to live with it.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 2:41 AM

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 1:34 PM

Still rising slower than any building I have ever seen...Some that started months later than this one are already much higher???

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Still rising slower than any building I have ever seen...Some that started months later than this one are already much higher???
You're kidding, right? Hanover West Peachtree, the 7 story building that it is, began construction in May 2015 and still isn't complete. That project takes the cake for the slowest build I've ever seen.

More seriously, I suspect that 880 will go faster once they complete the parking which is integrated into the lower floors. Once they're above the parking it should go up much faster.

Speaking of fast, The Standard is being built out incredibly quickly...seems like they complete about 1/12 of the building every two weeks.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
You're kidding, right? Hanover West Peachtree, the 7 story building that it is, began construction in May 2015 and still isn't complete. That project takes the cake for the slowest build I've ever seen.

More seriously, I suspect that 880 will go faster once they complete the parking which is integrated into the lower floors. Once they're above the parking it should go up much faster.

Speaking of fast, The Standard is being built out incredibly quickly...seems like they complete about 1/12 of the building every two weeks.
I've given up on that one ever being completed....But you have to admit 880 is a disaster as far as speed.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 11:14 PM

Slowest project in ATL history,,,UGH..

Old Posted Jan 9, 2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Slowest project in ATL history,,,UGH..
At least they’re almost above the parking deck! From Georgia peanuts:

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 8:02 PM

Busy day today, long queue of cement trucks. Progress still seems slow.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSkyPalaceOwner View Post
Busy day today, long queue of cement trucks. Progress still seems slow.

SLOW, Really??? LOL,,,, considering this broke ground in March 2017 this is insanity how slow. This should be close to topping out by at least next month, probably will be this Fall, Ridiculous..

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 3:11 PM

It’s because they are wrapping the parking deck with apartments, all at the same time. It will speed up once the deck is complete, no different than other similar developments.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLmangum View Post
It’s because they are wrapping the parking deck with apartments, all at the same time. It will speed up once the deck is complete, no different than other similar developments.
Good point. Construction of the deck is typically slower in the beginning but with the addition of wrapping the deck with apartments adds another level of complexity.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2018, 6:13 PM

The deck is essentially complete now. They finished the last slanted parking floor and are now working on the first horizontal floor (you can see this when viewing from the West, across the Cheetah).

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 3:14 PM

Some windows have been installed already. This might be completed pretty quickly if they're going to finish floors as they're added instead of just doing the basic structure first.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Some windows have been installed already. This might be completed pretty quickly if they're going to finish floors as they're added instead of just doing the basic structure first.
Yeah I noticed that too when I was walking by. Managed to get a pic.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2018, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Yeah I noticed that too when I was walking by. Managed to get a pic.

Yawn, This should have been topped out by now..

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Yawn, This should have been topped out by now..
Sure, this may not be the fastest moving building, but this is just ignorant. There's no way a project this size is going to get topped out that quickly unless the developer is willing to pay a huge premium for labor. And for another apartment building?? absolutely not. We're about 10 months in to the start of this job, but it began with blasting the site, so unless we get someone from Brasfield in here to tell us how far behind schedule they are, if any, I don't understand why this project takes so much criticism on this site.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 2:46 PM

Personally I don't get the desire to have projects to go up so fast, except for the nuisance of living near a construction site. I would much rather projects be developed with quality which can take longer.

On another note, the street level looks good so far but I always find that it appears better in renderings than in real life. I just wonder if a firm based in the suburbs really "gets" urban retail.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2018, 7:27 PM

This may have started long ago, but the first part of construction was for sewer work and not even for the building. So it isn't fair to include that time as part of the building construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta