HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Oct 26, 2017, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
You wonder how brand-new 32-story Atlantic House feels about being blocked on all sides by buildings as tall or taller. Oh well.
Solution, they should have gone higher....

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 12:18 AM
Closed account

Hopefully, this also means we'll also hear about the "mystery tenant" (AIG?) for this property soon.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 11:15 AM

Great news!

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 12:56 PM
BANNED

One thing is for sure - Midtown is about to see a significant economic development announcement. I remember reading Selig said they would not break ground until they have at least a 50% commitment for the office space. This should equate to at least 2,000 jobs.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 4:24 PM

Just a note that Scott Selig (47) passed from his battle with cancer. He played a major role in Selig Enterprise's push in real estate development.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 4:57 PM

I hope that the construction fence portends actual construction and not just demolition of the buildings. We're all painfully aware that a construction fence has been around the Eviva site for a long time.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 5:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Just a note that Scott Selig (47) passed from his battle with cancer. He played a major role in Selig Enterprise's push in real estate development.
This is really sad, if I am not mistaken his sister had cancer as well. My thoughts go out to the family.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
I hope that the construction fence portends actual construction and not just demolition of the buildings. We're all painfully aware that a construction fence has been around the Eviva site for a long time.
I realize the apprehension on this due to Eviva, but there have been multiple people here that have reported this as a go. It shouldn't be a concern as it is just a matter of time.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2017, 7:03 PM

Eviva is literally like one example out of many projects that have actually broken ground over the last few years. Why do people keep using that as an example?

Anyways, demolition baracades are up....this project is definitely serious if they're doing this:

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 2:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Eviva is literally like one example out of many projects that have actually broken ground over the last few years. Why do people keep using that as an example?
Okay, I'll use another example then. Fences went up and demo of the building at West Peachtree and 15th happened in early 2016 to make way for the Hampton Inn.

I think they're serious about 1105 West Peachtree, too. I just don't think this fence and demo work necessarily means that start of construction is imminent.

Another example: there was a good amount of time between when the buildings at 195 13th street were demolished and when construction started.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2017, 3:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
Okay, I'll use another example then. Fences went up and demo of the building at West Peachtree and 15th happened in early 2016 to make way for the Hampton Inn.

I think they're serious about 1105 West Peachtree, too. I just don't think this fence and demo work necessarily means that start of construction is imminent.

Another example: there was a good amount of time between when the buildings at 195 13th street were demolished and when construction started.
The biggest difference between Eviva and the Hampton Inn development is 1105 West Peachtree had tenants in the existing buildings that are scheduled to be demoed. It is highly unlikely a developer would would terminate leases and demo structures if they didn't have contractual agreements with prospective tenant(s).

Old Posted Oct 30, 2017, 8:02 PM
Kev K

1105 W Peachtree will be front & center in this shot from the 1100 Peachtree Parking Deck (taken by me).

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 10:49 AM

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 2:14 PM

Demoliion made me realize just how massive this lot this.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 3:29 PM

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 4:03 PM

I wonder if there's going to be a floor count increase to go with the up in square footage. If the floor plates stay the same, they'd need 38 or so floors to get to 770k sq ft. It does seem to have some nice height in that latest rendering.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2018, 5:36 PM

That looks awesome. Its getting difficult to remember the state of that intersection just a few years ago.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 5:13 AM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
I wonder if there's going to be a floor count increase to go with the up in square footage. If the floor plates stay the same, they'd need 38 or so floors to get to 770k sq ft. It does seem to have some nice height in that latest rendering.
Well if you look at this new rendering closely and look at the old one it has gained five floors

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 2:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lifealex View Post
Well if you look at this new rendering closely and look at the old one it has gained five floors
It does appear to have gained some floors. The simplest way I compared was looking at the X's on the initial rendering compared with the most recent:

v X
X X
X X
X X

Old Posted Jan 12, 2018, 3:30 PM

12th street crossing West Peachtree St

What grosses me out every time I drive by this intersection is how terrible city planning to allow street intersection like a zig-zag. It is beyond embarrassing. It's all good to have world class buildings built at the intersection, but this kind of street planning is unacceptable and will slow down traffic.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta