HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 11:27 AM
BANNED

How Tall Is It Going To BE?

The spreadsheet below captures Atlanta projects: recently completed, under construction or planned. I may have missed some, but there are some interesting details none the less. Click on the link to emporis.com below and reference the corresponding building# to get additional details on a particular project.

Enjoy!

Most Surprising - Coda coming in at 390' with only 21 stories
Most Disappointing - 1105 West Peachtree coming in at 411' and 32 stories

https://www.emporis.com/city/101302/.../all-buildings

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 5:57 PM

This is a great list, and I appreciate the post, but I suspect that with the exception of the first two (which are presumably based on actual architectural plans), most if not all of the heights are incorrect. I haven’t checked every entry, but they appear to just be estimates based on a flat 12.8 foot per floor multiplier – hence the rather disappointing height for 1105 West Peachtree. Note too that all of the buildings with the same number of floors also have the exact same height. What are the odds that that would happen - not just once or twice, but a dozen times?

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiffTheFox View Post
This is a great list, and I appreciate the post, but I suspect that with the exception of the first two (which are presumably based on actual architectural plans), most if not all of the heights are incorrect. I haven’t checked every entry, but they appear to just be estimates based on a flat 12.8 foot per floor multiplier – hence the rather disappointing height for 1105 West Peachtree. Note too that all of the buildings with the same number of floors also have the exact same height. What are the odds that that would happen - not just once or twice, but a dozen times?
Based on renderings 1105 is way taller than 411 feet. That's ridiculous. These are guesstimates...not actual official heights. Icon Midtown is not 500 feet either(more like 420-430 ft at it's highest) so you're right...Would not take this seriously.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 7:27 PM

13 ft per floor isn't a bad estimate for an office building, but most of those are residential and would be quite a bit shorter than what's listed there.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta