HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 5:01 PM

^^ I didn't think there was a debate about this. I believe, as Aubie stated, its a pretty common practice in shopping centers.

Quote:
Publix's lease with Atlantic Station also placed restrictions on rival retailers that offered a grocery component, Fargason said.
"Target decided they wanted to be there bad enough that they agreed to develop without their grocery component," she said.

Target aims store at Atlantic Station - ABC

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 5:06 PM
Peace and Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Instead of continuing to debate the merits of such agreements and so forth, why not have who ever started this RUMOR step to the plate and produce some actual facts to back it up. Otherwise what’s the point? The continuation of debating the merits only adds fire to the existence of such.
I don't think it is without merit. You rightly point out that no one has produced proof of non-compete agreements at Atlantic Station and that what some are considering fact should only be considered rumor. Just because it is a rumor does not mean that it is not true, just that there is a lesser probability of it being true. The fact that these type of agreements exist elsewhere increases the probability that such an agreement exists at Atlantic Station, but by no means makes that probability 100%. People can judge for themselves based on the information provided what they think the probability of it being true without setting their mind absolutely in either direction. Your pointing out that it is a rumor without documentation (at least no documentation here) was useful in that it pushed the information out of the realm of 100% probability of being fact into the realm of uncertainty where it belongs.

Yes, at some point is becomes silly to continue to speculate on what may or may not being in lease agreements at Atlantic Station, but that doesn't mean the conversation should have never taken place or should be reduced to nothing even if someone comes up with more information that helps the readers here better determine the probability of the agreements being factual.

Agreement or not, I think it is safe to say that as long as the banner mentioned exists, that there is a high probability that there will be a Starbucks at Twelve and if there is a non-compete clause, it for some reason does not apply to that store.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 5:07 PM

There is absolutely a Starbucks going in at TWELVE. It opens in January.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 5:41 PM

This isnt confirmation, but it was mentioned back during the initial press release phase:

Target plans new store in Atlantic Station
BY JOHN SCHAFFNER
Target and Atlantic Station officials announced late Thursday afternoon (Oct. 20) that Target will be developing a 150,000-square-foot store adjacent to the retail district in Atlantic Station, between 18th and 20th streets, with an anticipated opening in March of 2007.

The Atlantic Station Target will feature a ground-floor parking lot, with an escalator and vermaport (cart escalator), to transport guests and shopping carts to the sales level on the second floor. Inside, the store will include a pharmacy, photo lab and Starbucks™ coffee shop.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 7:08 PM
Peace and Pizza

Even if both Starbucks do open, Atlantic Station has more work to do before they knock off Edgewood as the Starbucks King of Atlanta. Being that I'm not a coffee drinker myself, I view the whole coffee crazy with a bit of amusement. I know they have a few non-coffee drinks but in general I find it a lot like traffic... it's not really part of my life but I can see why other people get so wrapped up in it.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 9:34 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Screw Starbucks (though I like it), AS needs a Zaxby's and a Steak & Shake. Then all will be right with the world (between 17th and 20th Streets at least).

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 10:17 PM
Reliable Source

A jazz/blues club, a R&B club, a nostalgia venue for us old-timers, maybe a comedy club, a gay club, and a christian club.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino86 View Post
Screw Starbucks (though I like it), AS needs a Zaxby's and a Steak & Shake. Then all will be right with the world (between 17th and 20th Streets at least).
Go Zaxby's...is there any change that will happen? I am surprised there isnt a jazz club/open mic in AS. that would be perfect. Someone said something about a bowling alley....man, that would be sweet too.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardon View Post
Go Zaxby's...is there any change that will happen? I am surprised there isnt a jazz club/open mic in AS. that would be perfect. Someone said something about a bowling alley....man, that would be sweet too.
The space above Dolce is going to be a place called Ten-Pin Alley or something like that. I have heard that it is going to actually be a real bowling alley and then I have also heard that it is going to be a "bowling alley" themed lounge. I am more inclined to belive that it will be an actual bowling alley/lounge. Maybe someone can confirm one or the other.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 2:04 AM

I love just about all coffee shops, including Starbucks. They're important places for people to gather and chat.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 2:58 AM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I love just about all coffee shops, including Starbucks. They're important places for people to gather and chat.
Cafe Mocha = heaven

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 3:07 AM
Back on the road again

I owned and operated a REAL coffee shop for three years in Toco Hill Shopping Center. We held our own with a Starbucks and a Caribou (and a Dunkin Donut!) directly across the street, because discerning coffee lovers could taste the difference between the usually stale and frequently burned coffee provided at national chains and the superior choice provided at our shop of over 100 coffee varieties roasted right on the premises daily! If you are a true coffee lover, feel free to buy a cup at a Starbucks, but for heaven's sake seek out an independently owned gourmet coffee ROASTER for the coffee you bring home!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 3:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino86 View Post
Cafe Mocha = heaven

I agree.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 3:45 PM
Novice RealEstate Magnate

AS needs an FAO Schwartz or other high end toy/entertainment retailer.

Also an Apple store.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 4:36 PM

Isn't FAO Schwartz bankrupt and liquidated.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 4:52 PM

AS needs to demolish ATL lofts.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 4:55 PM
Reliable Source

Why? Bad construction?

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 5:01 PM

Mainly aesthetics. I had heard construction wasn't a very quality job as well.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoDean View Post
AS needs an FAO Schwartz or other high end toy/entertainment retailer.

Also an Apple store.
This sort of retailer needs to be Peachtree. Thats the goal anyway.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2006, 8:06 PM
Redi-Floors, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
AS needs to demolish ATL lofts.
How exactly would they go about doing this seeing as they're on top of current retail? Also, I don't understand why everyone's so hard on ATLofts. What would have been a better use of the space? Having just one or two-story retail would have turned AS into an urban 'Avenue' (the Cousins mall projects in the suburbs). The lofts on top of the retail actually make it feel like a city.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta