HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
It'd be tough to get the necessary density to justify redevelopment of those sites. Not that I have run the numbers or dug into zoning, but that is my armchair assumption.

Just look at the failed proposal near Park Tavern that was to be condos. Redevelopment of the BeltLine parcel and single family homes could barely work (and didn't after neighborhood push back).
I think the issue(?) is the existing retail gets a tonnnn of business. The area is prime for development- it just has a lot of existing use.

In other news, Colony Square to get a food hall. Atlanta is starting to turn itself into one giant mall food court.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ny-square.html

Last edited by Street Advocate; Sep 13, 2017 at 1:32 PM.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I think the issue(?) is the existing retail gets a tonnnn of business. The area is prime for development- it just has a lot of existing use.

In other news, Colony Square to get a food hall. Atlanta is starting to turn itself into one giant mall food court.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ny-square.html
I can't help but think Main and Main sounds really douchey.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 2:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
I can't help but think Main and Main sounds really douchey.
A really dumb name in general, IMO. May as well have called it Peachtree & Peachtree. Or better yet, just "Peachtree"

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Well yeah, the existing retail gets a ton of use, so rents are high. So in order to justify redevelopment the new development would have to justify high rents and high density to make the financials of redevelopment to make sense. So you will need a combination of higher density and the ability of higher rents from new construction to justify the redevelopment of that site and I think it will be awhile before redevelopment of that site makes sense.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 9:33 PM

Edible cookie dough concept coming to Ponce City Market

Is this a thing now?

Quote:
It will serve cookie dough that’s eggless and made with heat-treated flour so it’s safe to eat uncooked. Flavors will include sugar, chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal, salted caramel and s’mores.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...once-city.html

Old Posted Oct 12, 2017, 11:29 PM

PHO 24 to open downtown location

Old Posted Nov 1, 2017, 10:57 PM

The Hub Announces New Tenants

Salata, Bep Eatery, The Southern Candy Company, Taste of India and Beni’s Cubano

Quote:
All five new restaurants will open on the Gallery Level of The Hub, located directly under the courtyard and at the center of the renovation project, joining Aviva By Kameel, Panbury’s, Chick-fil-A and Yami Yami.

The indoor dining area will receive a complete facelift, better connecting it to the outdoor courtyard and Peachtree Street, and Amy Fingerhut is working to re-merchandise the retail mix to better suit the office workers, locals and hotel guests who visit The Hub.
https://whatnowatlanta.com/the-hub-s...aste-of-india/

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 9:50 PM
What could go wrong?

I don't want to hijack a thread but my question seems to fit here the most. We are coming down for a Falcons game in Dec and was wondering where the best area to stay is with regards to restaurants and bars etc? Searches on the internet yield Midtown and Buckhead. We are staying 3 nights so we would rather stay near some action and commute to the game then stay near the stadium and commute to the fun area's.

Any tips would be helpful....thanks.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 6, 2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
I don't want to hijack a thread but my question seems to fit here the most. We are coming down for a Falcons game in Dec and was wondering where the best area to stay is with regards to restaurants and bars etc? Searches on the internet yield Midtown and Buckhead. We are staying 3 nights so we would rather stay near some action and commute to the game then stay near the stadium and commute to the fun area's.

If you want more nightlife density then yea Midtown or Buckhead would be your best bet.. In Midtown there is Crescent Avenue, it is a street crammed with bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. There are however other bars/lounges all over Midtown and greater Midtown, but most of it is concentrated in Crescent Avenue. Buckhead is a huge district, made up of many neighborhoods, primarily known for high end residences and high end commercial space and boutiques, but there is a part of Buckhead known as the Buckhead Bars, it is a heavy concentration of bars on several small streets, particularly popular with college students.. It can be fun, but also is known to get a bit rowdy if you are into that.. Otherwise there are many other smaller bar/restaurant districts spread out all over the city proper, and some nice higher end bars and lounges if you do some quick research.

Last edited by One ATLien; Nov 7, 2017 at 12:30 AM.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 12:20 AM

I wanted to go to Grain last week, but it had been a couple months since my last visit. I looked it up to see if it was still open, and I missed it by a couple days. I hope that space doesn't go to waste.

https://atlanta.eater.com/2017/11/1/...r-grain-closes

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post

Biff - my recommendation would be to find a place in Midtown (between Ponce De Leon Avenue / 14th Street north and south and from the connector to Juniper Street east / west). This gives you quick access to the nightlife around Ponce City Market and Inman Park in the "eastside" neighborhoods, eastside BeltLine trail, access to nightlife / restaurants in "West Midtown", as well as all the stuff found in the Midtown neighborhood.

Buckhead wouldn't be bad persay, but it is a little more isolated to other areas of the city when compared to Midtown. Being in Midtown also puts you really close to the stadium as opposed to say Buckhead.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2017, 2:56 PM
What could go wrong?

Thanks guys. I will look into the Midtown area for hotels. Much appreciated.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 1:44 AM

Carvana opening customer center near atlantic station

https://whatnowatlanta.com/carvana-atlantic-station/
Quote:
Carvana is planning to open a new location near Atlantic Station at 166 16th Street, according to permits filed with City of Atlanta last week.

The 7,509-square-foot space will be renovated into a Customer Center with vehicle delivery bays and an "automated vehicle delivery corridor."

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 6:17 PM

Ponce City Market application was approved for food trucks and outdoor vending.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2018, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
Ponce City Market application was approved for food trucks and outdoor vending.
Nice! Part of me was really hoping food trucks would go to O4W skate park though. Mix up the destinations along the trail a bit...

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 11:19 AM

New food hall opens at Bank of America Plaza

Quote:
Called Marketplace 600, the food hall is located in the west wing of Bank of America Plaza. It’s open to the public for breakfast and lunch.

It was created in partnership with Eurest, a food and vending division of Compass Group North American.

It features offerings such as a Chef’s Table, which will bring in emerging and celebrity culinary talent. Food stations include a salad bar, hot meal bar, grill, deli, fresh juice bar and dessert bar.
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ica-plaza.html

Old Posted Apr 26, 2018, 2:03 PM

Sugar Factory American Brasserie to open at 1010 Midtown

https://whatnowatlanta.com/sugar-fac...ocina-midtown/

Quote:
The eatery and confectionary shop will open in space formerly occupied by Mi Cocina in the 1010 Midtown development, at 1080 Peachtree Street NE.

With 20 locations worldwide—from Miami to Dubai—Sugar Factory is known for its "celebrity couture pops," smoking candy cocktails and "over-the-top desserts.

Old Posted May 17, 2018, 5:20 PM

Clermont Hotel opening in June

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 10:15 PM

Does anyone know whats going here?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjTASznA...y=bcballard_ig

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 11:44 PM
Kev K

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Does anyone know whats going here?

Another dang bank. Taking all 4 retail spaces at 6700 sq ft. Double dang.

Last edited by RATBOYKEV; May 29, 2018 at 1:06 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta