HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 29, 2013, 1:31 PM

Largest expansion in park history coming to Six Flags over Georgia in 2014 - Hurricane Harbor Water Park.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2013, 5:48 PM

Developer: $100M mixed-use Gwinnett stadium project coming soon

The developer planning a $100 million mixed-use project at the Gwinnett Braves stadium that includes a hotel, office space and apartments, says he plans to break ground on the residential portion of the project within several months.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/m...-gwinnett.html

Old Posted Oct 13, 2013, 4:46 AM
Fourth and Main

Lauren and I were driving around Cumming, GA., (They are having their fair) when I noticed two tall tower cranes lit-up on the skyline, near City Hall. I did a search and discovered they are building a new $100 million Courthouse, Detention Center, and a small Town Green. Since it was 9 p.m., and the only camera I had was a phone, I didn't take any photographs. The cranes are up, excavation is complete and I could see concrete forms (pouring the basement walls?).

Here are some renderings from northfulton.com: http://www.northfulton.com/Articles-...-and-jail.html

I expected to find something much taller than this, since the cranes were tower cranes. This is still a nice addition to their downtown.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2013, 6:21 AM

I went out for a drive this afternoon for the first time in months!

Anyway, I hardly recognized Dresden Drive. The Hines apartments are completed, and have been labeled @3177. They turned out way better than I thought they would.

There is a new development underway a block closer to the train station with a cleared off lot and a 6 level parking deck already up. I haven't seen any renderings, but can only hope this turns out as well as the Hines apartments next door did.

This entire corridor has become the neighborhood "Village" for the surrounding area, and it's never looked better. It was absolutely packed this afternoon when I passed by.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2013, 4:27 PM

Avalon Update

Tenant List

Whole Foods, Regal Cinemas, Orvis, Anthropologie, Paper Source, Athleta, Banana Republic, Everything But Water, Lululemon, Ted’s Montana Grill, Fly Wheel, Free People, Dry Bar, Kona Grill, Luxury Nails, Pinkberry, Fab’rik, Janie & Jack, Van Michael Aveda Salon, Arhaus, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams, PNC Bank, Bocado Burger Bar, Ford Fry, Destination Maternity, C Wonder, Marlow’s Tavern, Gymboree, Gap, Sage, L’Occitane, Bantam & Biddy, Cru Food & Wine, Tommy Bahama, Kinnucan’s, Antico Pizza Napolitano, Exhale Spa, Vineyard Vines, West Elm, Oak Steakhouse, Kendra Scott, Fuzziwigs Candy Factory, Marmi, American Threads, The Cosmetic Market and Francesca’s.

Video Link

Last edited by smArTaLlone; May 31, 2014 at 6:15 PM.

Old Posted May 31, 2014, 8:15 PM

Lakepoint Sports

http://www.lakepointsports.com/

I've mostly ignored this development since it seems so far away and mostly irrelevant to me. This thing is MASSIVE - equivalent to a DisneyWorld of sporting events. At full build-out it is projected to have 5 million square feet of mixed-use development, 25 hotels, 11,000 permanent jobs, host events for 40 different sports and attract 6 million visitors annually. The project has already been expanded from the original plan due to demand.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2014, 7:07 AM
I've been around

Quote:

I wanted to add another picture I made for Citydata, showing some beautiful existing townhomes within Smyrna city limits that will flank these new monster-apartments, both of which lank the new Braves development. Taking all that together with the Braves development, it's going to really be something.

The red box shows where these apartments are going to be. Unlike the townhomes, they aren't going to be in the Smyrna city limits unless they annex in.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.893743,-84.471556,3a,75y,112.71h,98.94t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s94mi9gCElxoeux9-BaE2KQ!2e0

Last edited by netdragon; Jun 3, 2014 at 2:15 AM.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2014, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
http://www.lakepointsports.com/

I've mostly ignored this development since it seems so far away and mostly irrelevant to me. This thing is MASSIVE - equivalent to a DisneyWorld of sporting events. At full build-out it is projected to have 5 million square feet of mixed-use development, 25 hotels, 11,000 permanent jobs, host events for 40 different sports and attract 6 million visitors annually. The project has already been expanded from the original plan due to demand.

Wow,Is that an Observation Tower in the 2nd picture?

Old Posted Jun 2, 2014, 2:04 AM

Here are some more photos on lake point:

I FOUND IT!!! They got something like this in vegas I think,

Old Posted Jun 2, 2014, 3:21 AM

i thought i'd post it here because i posted it in the atlanta development map.

downtown alpharetta has a currently under-construction project of condos and first floor retail fronting canton street and school road:

http://alpharettalofts.com

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 2:10 AM
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
They got something like this in vegas I think,
Vegas's is the stratosphere and it no longer has a roller coaster on top, but it's a similar space-needle style building. This one has a roller coaster going down it, and is called the Polercoaster.

I'm a Smyrna resident, but we as a family go out to Red Top Mountain SP on occasion to hang out on the lake. It'll be nice not having to bring our food with us anymore.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Vegas's is the stratosphere and it no longer has a roller coaster on top, but it's a similar space-needle style building. This one has a roller coaster going down it, and is called the Polercoaster.

I'm a Smyrna resident, but we as a family go out to Red Top Mountain SP on occasion to hang out on the lake. It'll be nice not having to bring our food with us anymore.
http://www.thecoastercritic.com/wp-c...na-Details.jpg

See vegas is getting one also.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 5:12 AM
I've been around

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post

See vegas is getting one also.
So that's a new tower, not the stratosphere, right?

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 5:42 AM
I've been around

I was bored, and/or trying to see if I could photoshop an image in 10 minutes, and superimposed the new apartment complex on the existing streetscape in Smyrna exactly where it'll go just North of the stadium. Looks pretty nice.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2014, 4:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
So that's a new tower, not the stratosphere, right?
No that's not the Stratosphere.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
i thought i'd post it here because i posted it in the atlanta development map.

downtown alpharetta has a currently under-construction project of condos and first floor retail fronting canton street and school road:

http://alpharettalofts.com
With the RIGHT materials and finish, that could be spectacular. Very nice.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 5:08 PM

Big senior center proposed for Gwinnett

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...-co-store.html

Quote:
Gwinnett County is preparing to hear proposals for a new 530-unit senior center and a new Tractor Supply Company store.

At the Gwinnett Planning Commission's July 1 meeting, nonprofit organization King David Community Center is seeking zoning to build an 12-story, 530-unit low-income senior center at 5064 Singleton Road. The nonprofit says there's a substantial shortage of low-income senior housing in Gwinnett and throughout metro Atlanta.

"Our vision for this project is for an integrated community offering integrated care - an 'International Village' serving all low income seniors but especially those of diverse cultural backgrounds," it says.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2014, 5:35 PM

Carter-Selig team to develop Sandy Springs project

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/r...s-project.html

Quote:
Veteran Atlanta real estate development companies Carter and Selig Enterprises will team up to develop the City Center project for Sandy Springs.

The City Center project aims to transform parts of the aging Roswell Road corridor into a more walkable district. The area being redeveloped is a 14-acre block bounded by Johnson Ferry Road, Roswell Road, Mount Vernon Highway and Sandy Springs Circle. It will include a civic/cultural center, mixed-used development, parking and green space.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2014, 2:03 PM

Jacoby strikes deal with Los Angeles production studio

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...roduction.html

Quote:
Atlanta developer Jim Jacoby has taken another big step toward remaking the OFS plant at Interstate 85 and Jimmy Carter Boulevard into a what it calls the largest movie studio campus in the Southeast.

Jacoby, chairman of Jacoby Development Inc., says his company has struck a partnership with Los Angeles-based MBS3. Its television and feature film studio is home to James Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment and the next three sequels to Avatar, a science-fiction blockbuster from 2009.

MBS3 will invest in new lighting and equipment and deploy large portions of its inventory to Atlanta. Those connections could attract major film productions to the OFS plant, which Jacoby is transforming into Atlanta Media Campus and Studios. MBS3 will lease, manage and operate the Atlanta Media Campus.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2014, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
This is cool.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta