HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 25, 2016, 4:33 PM

Beer Garden, Brooks Brothers among tenants for Avalon’s phase 2

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...nants-for.html

Quote:
The developer of Alpharetta’s Avalon has announced several new restaurants and retailers for its next phase.
North American Properties on Monday said it has landed a beer garden from Hop City and The Spotted Trotter, Rumi’s Kitchen, Brine Fish House, The Boardroom Salon for Men, Lucky Brand, Brooks Brothers, Levi’s and Urban Outfitters.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 12:21 AM
BANNED

Here's a pic of 1 of the 2 office buildings currently under construction in Avalon. Microsoft is rumored to be the lead tenant. 1st office building is 250K square feet with retail on 1st and the second is 350K with no retail.

Last edited by Atlanta3000; Apr 26, 2016 at 1:48 AM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2016, 1:48 AM
BANNED

Updated Rendering of the Hotel Avalon and Conference Center

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 11:11 AM

Macauley plans big mixed-use development across from Buford Highway Farmers Market

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...nt-across.htmll

Quote:
In addition to developing what could be one of Georgia’s largest movie and television studios, Macauley Investments has plans for a mixed-use project that could change the feel of Buford Highway.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Another developer producing renderings with only white people in them. Seems particularly color-blind for a development along Buford Highway in one of the most diverse areas of the city.

Old Posted May 5, 2016, 11:21 AM

​Metro Atlanta’s first 365 by Whole Foods store confirmed for Decatur

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...ods-store.html
Quote:
Whole Foods Market plans to bring its smaller, more affordable 365 concept to Decatur.

The organic grocer on Wednesday confirmed the new location, which is the first metro Atlanta 365 store that’s been announced. There are now 19 leases signed across the country. The 365 store will anchor a new project from developer S.J. Collins Enterprises at North Decatur Road and Church Street.

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 9:04 PM
BANNED

Modera Sandy Springs
6125 Roswell Road
Sandy Springs, GA 30328

Old Posted May 6, 2016, 9:27 PM

Nice! I think every project Modera has proposed in Atlanta has been great so far.

Old Posted May 18, 2016, 2:49 AM
Fourth and Main

Alpharetta Update!

Avalon:
Since I live near Avalon, I go past it frequently. However, it's rare for me to be on Old Milton Parkway; so most updates from me will likely be from 400. As I reported earlier, there is a crane at the site. You can see the concrete columns from 400.

Credit: Me

The Towers at NorthWinds:
I haven't seen much posted on this project, which is also near me. It includes office space, a hotel, and retail space. I watched, over the winter months, as workers completed this really nice entrance and a very small stretch of road with attractive streetlights. Work stopped, so "The Towers" are likely waiting on a tenant?

Learn More: http://www.popeandland.com/properties/detail.aspx?id=15

100 NorthWinds Tower will rise behind this stone entry wall. The renderings show a 13-14 storey high-rise, but the website said 11-storeys. When something begins to rise on this site, I can share updates, if anyone is interested? I'm often at this intersection on the weekends.

Last edited by Matthew; May 18, 2016 at 2:59 AM.

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 4:45 PM

New 16-story building planned next to Perimeter Mall

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...r-mall.html#g3
Quote:
Transwestern Development Co. plans to build the 354,500-square-foot office building. The project is being designed by architect Cooper Carry Inc. Transwestern has the nearly 4-acre site at Hammond Drive under contract from Perimeter Mall owner General Growth Properties."]Transwestern Development Co. plans to build the 354,500-square-foot office building. The project is being designed by architect Cooper Carry Inc. Transwestern has the nearly 4-acre site at Hammond Drive under contract from Perimeter Mall owner General Growth Properties.

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 4:59 PM

Mill Creek Announces yet Another Modera

http://atlanta.curbed.com/2016/5/25/...ngs-mill-creek
Quote:
The latest mid-rise venture will be located in Cobb County, in the weird overlapping confines of Cumberland and Vinings. Plans call for 269 luxury units in a seven-story building, overlooking a pond and the Silver Comet Trail along Cumberland Boulevard.

Old Posted May 25, 2016, 8:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Another view:

Old Posted Jun 2, 2016, 4:32 PM

Nearly 300-unit apartment project pitched for Chamblee

Chamblee seems to be getting a lot of development.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...tched-for.html
Quote:
The site currently houses the Nalley Nissan of Atlanta car dealership.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2016, 1:40 PM

Gwinnett seeks developer for "entertainment district"

Sounds sooo.... Gwinnett!

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/loc...f137e7700.html

Quote:
The Gwinnett County Convention and Visitors Bureau is taking a step toward making its vision for developing a thriving entertainment district on the Infinite Energy Center campus into a reality.

Officials want to use a partnership with a developer in the private sector to develop small theaters, shops and restaurants, as well as other amenities, within feet of the existing center. A large green space where concert attendees can congregate before entering the arena is also in the plans, as are apartments which would likely be built along Sugarloaf Parkway.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2016, 6:43 PM

Developers file plans to transform Brookhaven/Oglethorpe MARTA station

Old Posted Jul 18, 2016, 4:10 AM
Fourth and Main

Alpharetta Update!

Avalon:
This is only visible in this one small opening between the trees, if you're on 400. The tower appears to be at five floors?

The Towers at NorthWinds:
Most of the trees they planed along the entrance are dead and have been for some time. Now they are watering them. Looking at the size of the trees, they were likely very expensive.

Sugar Hill Update!

EpiCenter - Downtown Sugar Hill:
The lonely City Hall and its bowl could soon have neighbors. A 150 key upscale full-service Wyndham hotel, condominiums, office space, a possible Trader Joes, a 350-seat movie theater, a 20,000 square foot conference center, live music venue, an independent living facility, and a gym will be constructed next to the new City Hall. This city is working hard to transform itself, with up to $300 million in projects in and around its downtown. The city is also planning a 16.5 mile Sugar Loop Greenway, connecting downtown to parks and the river, as the city's “signature project” in a SPLOST that will be on the November ballot. JWM Ventures is involved in the downtown EpiCenter project and has worked on similar projects in Brunswick, Milledgeville, Thomasville and Valdosta. What is currently under construction will cost about $36 million. I think the hotel and conference facility are in a second phase? Macauley Investments is also working on a project, across from EpiCenter, that is expected to cost more than $60 million. EpiCenter is expected to open in Late December 2017.

Credit: http://downtownsugarhill.com

Last edited by Matthew; Jul 18, 2016 at 4:28 AM.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2016, 3:43 PM

Massive Sandy Springs project would transform Perimeter Center

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...transform.html

Quote:
It was the first formal meeting between developers and the community about the project, which would transform 1117 Perimeter Center West and 13 acres around the building into a mix of stores, restaurants, office and residential towers.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2016, 2:37 PM

FIRST LOOK: Mercedes-Benz headquarters

Old Posted Sep 29, 2016, 2:27 AM
Fourth and Main

The new office tower at Avalon, in Alpharetta, was topped-out about two or three weeks ago.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2016, 4:09 AM
Fourth and Main

Workers are removing the tower crane from the office tower at Avalon. It's about half-way down. There is another tower crane at Avalon, not far from the tower crane being dismantled. I've noticed the flashing warning lights are turned-off on that crane and its been there for a while, without lights. I'm guessing that tower crane is for the hotel and conference center?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta