HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Kinda ironic Pattillo chose a transit oriented building for their company HQ, isn't it?
The Pattillos made their fortune in industrial buildings but they are no strangers to the city. Dan Pattillo was chairman of MARTA and one of the driving forces in getting it going.

Old Posted May 23, 2017, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Here's the site plan:

Old Posted Jun 5, 2017, 1:09 PM
BANNED

NEXUS BuHi

Nexus will be a dynamic mixed-use walkable community with specialty retail, multi-cultural restaurants, office, multi-family, senior living and a select service hotel. Situated on 13 acres with a central pedestrian friendly promenade, Nexus will have gardens, water features, arts and dramatic lighting elements.

THE RISE TUCKER

The 88 acre site features a Monet’s Water Lily Pond recreation area with walking trails, an urban garden, a pedestrian friendly central lawn, Smoke Rise Elementary School, Primrose Schools’ child care as well as specialty retail and office suites, senior living, single family homes, townhomes and apartments.

SUGAR HILL TOWN CENTER

A partnership, led by Macauley Investments, is working on a mixed-use project across Broad Street from Sugar Hill City Hall and the E-Center site. The project will bring online upscale townhomes, apartments and ground-floor retail. The development will continue the trend of the exciting growth that is taking place within the City center.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2017, 4:47 PM

Those first 2 are really ambitious projects. I especially like the Tucker project. And if they can plan something like this on Buford Highway, it should remove all doubt that the suburban Kroger on Northside drive is nothing but a unqualified disaster for this city.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2017, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
NEXUS BuHi

I consider myself a fairly competent parallel parker, but man I would not enjoy backing up into the spots next to that dropoff! Even with the barrier!

Solid project, though. Nexus would be a huge compliment to the area and would be nice to see this developed along with the GM plant redevelopment. Would be a rapidly urbanizing area in what is considered a very dangerous area for pedestrians. I think it also helps support the case for the 285 HRT between Cumberland to Doraville. I believe the next decade of development will lead how our HRT patterns will follow, as land development patterns could change vastly over the next few years.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 10:05 PM

Images of Serta Simmons Doraville HQ

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 2:02 AM
BANNED

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 12:24 PM

Is that the Colosseum?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 1:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
Is that the Colosseum?
YES - this project is just so bizarre.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 8:42 PM

Quote:
YES - this project is just so bizarre.
I have to admit, it looks pretty cool to me.

But I'm certainly no arbiter of style.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 4:01 AM
Fourth and Main

A friend moved to Sugar Hill, back in April. She offered a tour of the under construction downtown area and I took several photographs. She said it was something I had to see, since I like construction. It was my first look at what they are doing. The City Hall has a post office, there is a walk-through water feature, an amphitheatre, a small lake with a path around it, and a park across from City Hall. They had a few historic items... I'm trying to remember if they were connected to gold mining? One is in front of City Hall and the other is in a roundabout. And, of course, there was the construction! I could see what appears to be a performing arts center and another massive building beside it. They also had a nice entrance sign and grading on that corner site? I should post some of those photographs.

I need to take an updated photograph of the hotel at Avalon, in Alpharetta. The office building is completed and open. The hotel is being clad and appears to have a spire? It could be something temporary that is construction related?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 3:16 PM
BANNED

Perimeter is finally achieving density

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 2:00 AM
Fourth and Main

The hotel at Avalon does have a spire. I don't remember seeing a spire in the renderings?

Over the past few weeks, I noticed a tower crane in the trees. I'm guessing it's located around Kimball Bridge Road and Northwinds Parkway? You can see it from 400 and you can also see it from Haynes Bridge Road at Northwinds Parkway.

Old Posted Jul 17, 2017, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Perimeter is finally achieving density

That is beautiful!

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 3:46 AM

Avalon quick links

Old Posted Jul 18, 2017, 4:12 AM
Fourth and Main

Avalon Update:
I took a photograph over the weekend, showing the hotel spire and current progress on the hotel. As someone who lives in the area and shops/visits restaurants in this area, I can already tell Avalon is having a impact on the North Point Mall area.

Look closely and you can see the spire:

Credit: Me

Downtown Sugar Hill:
A friend living in Sugar Hill said they have a tall crane in their downtown. She didn't say what type of crane or what it is working on?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 4:52 PM

Georgia Tech wants financing for a $63M campus in Cobb

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/georgi...kCteqpWuZNh2N/

Quote:
Officials with the University System of Georgia are set to vote Tuesday on a $63 million proposal by Georgia Tech to build a new campus in Cobb County.

“This ownership structure will allow flexibility for future development, such as opportunities for industry partnerships and investment. Over the long term, development of the entire 52-acre campus is expected to accelerate (Georgia Tech’s) research growth in national security, homeland defense, and commercial advanced technology initiatives.”

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 1:57 PM

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...s-in-2018.html

Quote:
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is preparing to start construction in 2018 on its more than $1 billion replacement hospital and pediatric campus in Brookhaven.

Children’s is in the master planning phase for its up to $1.3 billion hospital with 16 to 19 stories and two patient towers and a 348,000-square-foot office building to replace its existing administrative offices in the area. Construction is already underway on the site for a 260,000-square foot Center for Advanced Pediatrics, projected to be completed in summer 2018.

The campus is the largest health-care project in Georgia’s history. It will create 16,500 construction jobs through 2025 and 3,600 permanent net jobs upon its opening.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 2:41 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
There's a site plan and more conceptual drawings in the Decaturish article. If someone can figure out how to reduce their size please post them here.

The site design has 6 entry/exits onto the 85 frontage road and only 3 total onto N. Druid Hills and Briarcliff. I hope Brookhaven and DOT work on some solutions to the 85/N. Druid Hills intersection as well as the flow of traffic on the frontage roads. Ramps from the N. Druid Hills exit on 85 N to the frontage road and from the 85 S frontage road back to 85 S bypassing N. Druid Hills Road would do wonders for traffic in that area.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2018, 12:13 PM
BANNED

Insight Global's HQ (Twelve24) - Perimeter

http://www.reporternewspapers.net/20...=socialnetwork

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta