HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Jan 3, 2017, 9:17 PM

How The Silver Comet Trail Could Connect With The Atlanta Beltline

I publish River Edges, a news site covering Cobb County and northwest Atlanta (Riverside, Bolton, Whittier Mill Village). I recently added a reporter to cover smart growth issues and the Smyrna area. Today we published his article on Connect the Comet, an effort to continue the Silver Comet Trail into the City of Atlanta with a link to the Beltline.

The article is How The Silver Comet Trail Could Connect With The Atlanta Beltline

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Old Posted Jan 4, 2017, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryFeltonJ View Post
I publish River Edges, a news site covering Cobb County and northwest Atlanta (Riverside, Bolton, Whittier Mill Village). I recently added a reporter to cover smart growth issues and the Smyrna area. Today we published his article on Connect the Comet, an effort to continue the Silver Comet Trail into the City of Atlanta with a link to the Beltline.

The article is How The Silver Comet Trail Could Connect With The Atlanta Beltline

I'd appreciate any feedback.
Very impressive, Larry. It would be fantastic to see this happen.

And thank you for the link to the River Line Historic Area. Do you think there might another bus tour, perhaps this spring?

Old Posted Jan 5, 2017, 2:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Very impressive, Larry. It would be fantastic to see this happen.

And thank you for the link to the River Line Historic Area. Do you think there might another bus tour, perhaps this spring?
I'll probably see RLHA people next week, so I'll ask them about that and post a note here. I know they're doing some tours for Phoenix Flies, the tour series put on by the Atlanta Preservation Center, in March.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 6:45 PM

Update on Connect the Comet

Title: State Urged to Buy Route to Extend Silver Comet Trail via "Horse Trading"
Author: Haisten Willis
Publication: River Edges (I'm the editor and publisher, so permission is not a problem)
Date: Jan 24 2017

http://riveredges.com/2017/01/state-...horse-trading/

Old Posted Jan 24, 2017, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryFeltonJ View Post
Title: State Urged to Buy Route to Extend Silver Comet Trail via "Horse Trading"
Author: Haisten Willis
Publication: River Edges (I'm the editor and publisher, so permission is not a problem)
Date: Jan 24 2017

http://riveredges.com/2017/01/state-...horse-trading/
If CSX gets to the table, hopefully they provide an update on the interest in the BeltLine's southeast trail. Acquisition of that for the BL would be fantastic to move forward.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta