HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 12:18 AM

Where in the world are the moderators?

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 1:00 AM

everyone whose talking about politics.....STFU ALREADY! lets get back to 1 WTC.

NYGUY WHERE ARE YOU!!!

thats it im throwing up the NYguy signal...

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1299977997

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 1:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.odonnell20 View Post
Where in the world are the moderators?
Yeah. no joke. I use to have my post deleted, and they only had to do with 9/11 and the twin towers. Or a post asking a question about the entire project or tower 2. and I was told that's off topic. It makes me wonder what's going on here.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 1:54 AM

Quote:
we'd all drive SUV's around bland suburbs toting guns.
Welcome to Utah.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:08 AM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
Can't stand conservative thought. Innovation in urban and transport issues and conservative thought are mutually exclusive. If it were up to the republicans, we'd all drive SUV's around bland suburbs toting guns. But I came from Europe, so I'm biased. I saw how the 'sane' live. That is, investment in our country, not wars and missiles and billion dollar carriers. We are no the police of the world. So much for exptionalism in America, when our roads are falling apart and our railways look like something out of Iran. It's fine, republicans love clogged highways, they can sit in them for all I care.
Oh boy.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:12 AM

What the fu*k?. What does this thread has to do with American politics. Go back where you came from at the American Politic forums. This thread is for One World Trade Center not political BS.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
everyone whose talking about politics.....STFU ALREADY! lets get back to 1 WTC.

NYGUY WHERE ARE YOU!!!

thats it im throwing up the NYguy signal...

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1299977997
^^ Hilarious!!!

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:15 AM

Can we please go back on the subject of Tower 1 World Trade Center. If you want to talk politics you can discuss it on another forum, This forum is about the contruction of buildings and this thread specifically 1 World Trade Center. So please stay on topic the Owners and moderators set rules on this forum and thread, so can we all respect that and stay in subject.

Now on TOPIC, This tower is really rising, one more rise aka 2 more floors and it will suprass Tower 7. So lets all get ready for the Mighty Tower1 WTC to start to take its finall steps in taking its rightful place as tallest in the city.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:19 AM

Yeah 1 World Trade Center should be defeating 7 World Trade Center very soon. I can't wait to see that happen, and 1 World Trade Center would rise to show up right at the skyline of Lower Manhattan for people that can't still see it yet. By April One World Trade Center should be visible to everyone.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 2:56 AM

Maybe the thread gets so off topic because all people say anymore are things like, "can't wait till it gets this tall, or I hope it gets built soon, or by this time it should be this tall, lets get ready for this to be built." Or even worse, people just repeating obvious facts, "This tower is going to be tall." "New York is going to be rebuilt again." All of this for 400 pages of posts.

there's no point to this thread outside of construction photos. There's hardly any discussion here anymore.

Im not saying that this should be a politically based thread, but there needs to be much more free conversations to remedy this mindless photo update monotony. They might go off topic for 4 or 5 posts, but they will get back on track. that's the point of internet discussion threads; to discuss shit.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Maybe the thread gets so off topic because all people say anymore are things like, "can't wait till it gets this tall, or I hope it gets built soon, or by this time it should be this tall, lets get ready for this to be built." Or even worse, people just repeating obvious facts, "This tower is going to be tall." "New York is going to be rebuilt again." All of this for 400 pages of posts.

there's no point to this thread outside of construction photos. There's hardly any discussion here anymore.

Im not saying that this should be a politically based thread, but there needs to be much more free conversations to remedy this mindless photo update monotony. They might go off topic for 4 or 5 posts, but they will get back on track. that's the point of internet discussion threads; to discuss shit.
Zen's gonna beat you for that one, lets be fair Zen keeps us fed with knowledge and is always there to answer our questions. but i agree this thread has been reduced to Zen's input and photos.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
Zen's gonna beat you for that one, lets be fair Zen keeps us fed with knowledge and is always there to answer our questions. but i agree this thread has been reduced to Zen's input and photos.
Well yea I dont want to take away from zen's contributions, theyve pretty much completely kept this thread alive

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 5:15 PM
Ω

Quote:
Well yea I dont want to take away from zen's contributions, theyve pretty much completely kept this thread alive
Don't forget str and his computer models.

Anyway, In addition to discussion about the construction process and design I think that politics can be appropriate as long as they pertain to the WTC complex and the neighborhood but blanket statements like "the South sucks" obviously don't belong here.

Last edited by Zerton; Mar 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM. Reason: stupid typo

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 6:45 PM

Now that the last ice age is over and, hopefully, the monsoon season is tapering off we should see some good steel progress. I assume they've been keeping up the core pouring, so that shouldn't slow them down any time soon.

And, mainly, keep in mind that this forum is somebodies house. He's gone through a great deal of trouble to set up an excellent place for folks to discuss skyscrapers and and he has no obligation to tolerate a bunch of chattering monkeys spouting their political nonsense.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerton View Post
Don't forget str and his computer models.

Anyway, In addition to discussion about the construction process and design I think that politics can be appropriate as long as they pertain to the WTF complex and the neighborhood but blanket statements like "the South sucks" obviously don't belong here.
Yea I probably shouldn't have knocked the south like that on this thread, but essentially every other contributor to the thread had entered some form of political input in the last 4 pages, so I thought I'd put in mine while we were still off topic.

Maybe the moderators conspired and decided to give this thread a test, since stuff is always deleted every few pages... if it is a test, then everyone (including me) failed pretty miserably in terms of the previous customs of topic relevancy... who knows. I just cant wait to see the first thing NYGuy says about this (last 4 pages).

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 6:52 PM

But then here's the thing... the off topic string of posts eventually fixed itself, and the thread is now relatively on topic (except for my ramblings of this thread being on topic)...

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 8:44 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Any new pics? That REALLY is what we need...

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 9:10 PM

Yep.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the week that 1 WTC overtakes 7 WTC.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Yep.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the week that 1 WTC overtakes 7 WTC.
with all due respect jigglysquishy, this wont be the week that Tower 1 will surpass Tower 7. Right now there are still putting the giant corner nods for the 58th, 59th. and 60th floors. and the 60th floor is 720 feet tall, so to over take Tower 7 you need to be 745 feet and taller. so one more rise= 2 more floors and it wil surpass Tower 7. so I believe this will happen in the begining of April.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2011, 12:27 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive