HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 18, 2018, 9:48 PM

Southwest DC

The homeless shelter planned for Delaware Ave, SW, is under construction. I took this photo last week.

Here is a rendering of the shelter

Image courtesy of Urban Turf.

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 6:31 PM

14th Street

Here are a couple of photos I took a couple of weeks ago of the Whitman Walker development on 14th Street, NW. The health clinic will move back into the building and there will also be 80 residential units.

Urban Turf has an overview of this development: https://dc.urbanturf.com/pipeline/52..._Redevelopment .

Old Posted Sep 20, 2018, 8:34 PM

Adams Morgan

25 Affordable Units and an Expanded Sitar Arts Center Planned in Adams Morgan

September 20, 2018
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

The planned conversion, seen from Kalorama Road. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

"While Adams Morgan is known for new market-rate residential projects, an affordable development is also on the boards.

Jubilee Housing has applied to the Board of Zoning Adjustment in hopes of converting the vacant three-story commercial building at 1724 Kalorama Road NW into 25 affordable units, plus office and community arts space..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...version-/14461

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 12:39 AM

1400 PA Ave SE - about 1/2 way completed. This will be the tallest development in SE Capitol Hill - likely ever - but its directly across the street from the Potomac Ave metro stop.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 2:46 PM

Glover Park

It looks like there might be more housing (six units) and retail at the site of the Pearson's liquor store surface parking lot.

"Eli Borek and his colleague from Petra Development described the project their firm has been hired to design and build on the parking lot now used by Pearson’s. They are planning a mixed use building that will house six luxury condominiums and high end retail such as a type of designer showroom. They hope to start construction in early fall. Phil Kang, owner of Pearson’s Liquor Store, also attended the meeting and explained that he is filing a lawsuit to stop the development because he was not given the “right of first refusal” for the sale of the parking lot. Petra is not involved in the lawsuit."

https://anc3b.org/meeting-reports-may-june-july-2018/

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 8:21 PM

So Others May Eat Plans 139 Affordable Apartments for North Capitol Street

So Others May Eat Plans 139 Affordable Apartments for North Capitol Street

September 27, 2018
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"The developments planned for the intersection of North Capitol Street and Florida Avenue NE continue to pile up.

Nonprofit So Others May Eat (SOME) has filed a zoning application to deliver an all-affordable development just south of the Exxon gas station (where a "prominent" development is being planned). The project would replace the 4 two-story rowhouses at 1509-1519 North Capitol Street NE with a 14-story building containing 139 furnished studio and junior one-bedroom apartments affordable to households earning up to 60 percent of median family income (MFI). Some of the apartments could be offered at even steeper levels of affordability, to include households earning up to 30 percent MFI...."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...l-street/14502

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 6:48 PM

Shaw

I took this photo last night of a development on 9th Street NW, between the Convention Center and Shaw. This is one block north of San Lorenzo, where my wife and I went to dinner last night and which was absolutely delicious.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 6:53 PM
The City

I really look forward to coming back to the District to see all of these developments in person.

I lived in Georgetown from 2003-2006. My last visit to DC was in the fall of 2009. Long time ago!

Old Posted Oct 4, 2018, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
I really look forward to coming back to the District to see all of these developments in person.

I lived in Georgetown from 2003-2006. My last visit to DC was in the fall of 2009. Long time ago!
You should visit again! There are entire areas of DC that are vastly different than a decade ago, specifically, H Street, NW, NOMA, Navy Yard/Capitol Riverfront, the Southwest Waterfront, and 4th Street, SW.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 5:44 PM

Navy Yard/Capitol Riverfront

There has been some construction activity at this site in recent weeks.

74-Unit Condo Development Moves Forward in Navy Yard

October 5, 2018
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"The Navy Yard development pipeline continues to grow.

Yesterday, Greysteel announced that DBT Development had acquired financing to move forward on a condo project at 37 L Street SE. As designed by Bonstra | Haresign, the 11-story development will deliver 74 one- and two-bedroom condos with 30 parking spaces..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...avy-yard/14538

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 7:14 PM
pragmatist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
The District's population has grown 25% since you moved away. We've never been known for adventurous architecture (although libraries and museums sometimes push that envelope), but I've gotta say we've got first-rate urban design... for private-sector stuff.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 7:21 PM

Random stuff
300+ apartments and retail, Silver Spring:

Walter Reed demolition in progress:

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 9:47 PM

Construction and destruction!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 9:28 PM

Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard

348 Apartments and a Fitness Bridge: The Plans for the Newest Phase of The Yards

October 15, 2018
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

Rendering of proposed Parcel I building, looking northeast from 1 1/2 Street. (Image courtesy of Urban Turf)

"This spring, Forest City previewed the plans for a woonerf spine along 1 1/2 Street SE and an apartment building on Parcel I as part of the next phase of The Yards. Now, more details about Parcel I are coming to light.

The Yards master developer Forest City has applied to the Zoning Commission for a design review on Parcel I, located at N Street at the future 1 1/2 Street SE. The surface parking lot on the site would be replaced with an 11-story building, delivering 348 apartments above 13,608 square feet of street-level retail..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...-yards-p/14572

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 9:54 PM

Ivy City

Other Half Brewery Will Open in Ivy City Warehouse

October 17, 2018
By Nena Perry-Brown
Urban Turf

"Two and a half years ago, DC's Board of Zoning Adjustment approved plans to retrofit an Ivy City tomato packaging warehouse into a Compass Coffee café and roastery alongside office and retail space. Now, those plans are being repackaged for a hipper clientele.

UrbanTurf has learned that Brooklyn's Other Half brewery will open a DC outpost at the former Pappas Tomato Factory at 1401 Okie Street NE. The Douglas Development-owned property will also be home to a Compass Coffee and a Kick Axe axe-throwing lounge. The 70-seat restaurant Gravitas is already open on the ground floor..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...arehouse/14579

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 7:18 PM

46 Apartments and an Anxo Cider Cannery Planned For Manor Park

46 Apartments and an Anxo Cider Cannery Planned For Manor Park

October 18, 2018
by UrbanTurf Staff

"A new residential development that will house a cider cannery is on the boards for a section of DC not known for new development.

Coloma River Capital has plans in the works for a 46-unit residential development with commercial space that will include an outpost of Anxo cidery in Manor Park..."

https://dc.urbanturf.com/articles/bl...k-corner/14585

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 7:19 PM

Capitol Riverfront/Navy Yard

It is a great and glorious day! The Whole Foods at the Navy Yard opened this morning. Here is an overview from JD Land.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/index.cfm/4...s-The-Preview/

Old Posted Oct 19, 2018, 1:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 202_Cyclist View Post
It is a great and glorious day! The Whole Foods at the Navy Yard opened this morning. Here is an overview from JD Land.

http://www.jdland.com/dc/index.cfm/4...s-The-Preview/
Great news for the area, more OPTIONS!

Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 3:59 PM

Buzzard Point

I don't care for seafood but this is good news for the area around Audi Field in Buzzard Point.

Owner of Ivy City Smokehouse, Tony & Joe’s to open huge Buzzard Point restaurant

https://www.bizjournals.com/washingt...s-to-open.html

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 6:45 PM

L'Enfant Plaza

Metro chooses new headquarters at L’Enfant Plaza

The transit agency’s existing mother ship at Judiciary Square is expected to be put up for sale in spring 2019.

Washington Post
October 30, 2018
By Martine Power

Metro's new headquarters in L'Enfant Plaza is expected to be LEED certified and will include space for retail and commercial enterprises that the transit agency hopes will bring in extra revenue. (WMATA)

"After more than four decades at Judiciary Square, Metro will move its headquarters to L’Enfant Plaza and set up shop in a soon-to-be-renovated office building, the agency said Tuesday.

That building, at 300 Seventh Street SW, is a vacant office structure. If the Metro board approves the purchase at a finance committee meeting next month, the deal could close by the end of the year. After that, Metro estimates it would be two years of reconstructive and design work before the majority of the agency’s 1,300 office workers would be able to move in.

Agency officials did not say how much it would cost to buy the building, known as the “Reporters Building,” or renovate it. At least part of the cost would be offset by the sale of Metro’s current headquarters, the hulking Jackson Graham Building at Judiciary Square, which has been valued between $56.2 million and $132 million..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/trans...=.046d36f1d523

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations