HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
I'd argue that the shelter is more of a Downtown problem. The southern part of Midtown is bustling; there seems to be more pedestrian activity between 10th and Ponce there than anywhere else in the neighborhood. North of that, Spring is mostly vacant and there isn't much retail on Peachtree. Of course that's changing as we speak, but for now if you looked at a heat map of activity you'd probably see most of it concentrated in the southern half. I consider projects like Hanover and lilli to be polish at this point, and things like Coda are really just an extension of Tech Square. The projects in the northern half are truly transformative, though... it's a bit of a ghost town now but in a few years it sould be as active as the areas farther south.
I agree with this...the area around the Fox has several older residential buildings (710 Peachtree, Windsor, The Ponce, etc.) plus the hotels and several busy restaurants/bars and the many apartments just a block off Peachtree on Juniper. It's one of the busiest little sections of Midtown in my opinion - day or night. And if something is going on at the Fox it's electric around there. lilli is definitely going into a nice little spot and will add to the vibrancy.

Last edited by TarHeelJ; Nov 19, 2016 at 11:50 PM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Recent aerial photo of the Midtown landscape

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/64932289@N05/25321328879/
Amazing................

Old Posted Nov 20, 2016, 6:51 PM

Old Posted Nov 20, 2016, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
Wow. Did you take that?

Should definitely submit it to this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Atlanta/com...os_of_atlanta/

Be a perfect picture for the header image.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Where was this photo taken from?--

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 5:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Looks like roughly the 16th St alignment (possibly the 17th St), so maybe from one of those apartments south of Atlantic Station is my guess? Great shot in any case!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Regarding Opus, you have a lot of wealthy celebrities and movie execs now flying in and out of Atlanta to film and maybe it will appeal to them as their home base in the city? It the developers are smart they'll advertise the building in the NYTimes and papers like Variety and the Hollywood Reporter.
That's true, at the very least studios may buy places, they are already putting celebrities up across the street on 14th among other Midtown hotels and condos, they left our condo a couple years ago for other Midtown locations.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 10:00 PM

Old Posted Nov 21, 2016, 10:52 PM

All pics are iPhone from a bike, so excuse the lack of artistic interpretation. They are just construction pics.

Construction at dusk.

Post Midtown

Hanover Checkers (Midtown)

Modera Midtown

I wonder how long the low rise buildings in the foreground remain? The same goes for the gas station on the corner, and even the almighty Cheetah.

And now a very washed out into the sun pic of Amli Arts Center.

This will be great when 15th Street goes alongside the building and down to Spring Street.

There was a lot of activity today at 1270 Spring, the CODA building, and the Standard building lots. Along with Greystar (Crane Pic Below) and 880, these areas are going to rapidly change for the better. I am hopeful it will continue for years to come.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 1:52 PM

So the Sutton has fences up with Winter Construction signs on it, and has a notice of permit issuance posted.

I also saw a crane on Pharr Rd, a block south and a block east of the Eclipse condo building; Looked new, not sure what that is for.

The Broadstone Terraces/Juniper is shaping up to look very nice; with lots of brick for the materials.

Hanover Midtown looks to be digging deep on the back portion of the lot, I assume there will be some amount of subterranean parking.

JPX P&3 already has form work going up for the first floor, should rise quickly since there will be no parking floors to cast.

Also in Buckhead I noticed fencing up around the old IHOP across from the old Hi-Fi Buys. Is anything planned for that lot?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 2:08 PM

880 West Peachtree (Alexan 880) - Demolition Permit was issued yesterday.

98 14th St (Opus Place) - Site work has begun for their temporary sales building.

120 Piedmont (GSU Student Apartments) - Demolition Permit is ready to issue as of yesterday. Land Development permit should be ready to issue any day now.

53 14th St (Dual Branded AC/Moxy Hotel) - Site work should begin soon as the parking lot appears to be closed now.

EDIT: Also 864 spring St (NCR HQ Phase 2) - Looks like the Land Development and Foundation permits should be ready to issue any day now.

Last edited by jwbab; Nov 22, 2016 at 2:50 PM.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantech View Post
Wow. Did you take that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
No, I did not take the photo, but I think it was taken from one of the office buildings on the north side of 17th St at Atlantic Station.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 2:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
So the Sutton has fences up with Winter Construction signs on it, and has a notice of permit issuance posted.

I also saw a crane on Pharr Rd, a block south and a block east of the Eclipse condo building; Looked new, not sure what that is for.

The Broadstone Terraces/Juniper is shaping up to look very nice; with lots of brick for the materials.

Hanover Midtown looks to be digging deep on the back portion of the lot, I assume there will be some amount of subterranean parking.

JPX P&3 already has form work going up for the first floor, should rise quickly since there will be no parking floors to cast.

Also in Buckhead I noticed fencing up around the old IHOP across from the old Hi-Fi Buys. Is anything planned for that lot?
Quote:
880 West Peachtree (Alexan 880) - Demolition Permit was issued yesterday.

98 14th St (Opus Place) - Site work has begun for their temporary sales building.

120 Piedmont (GSU Student Apartments) - Demolition Permit is ready to issue as of yesterday. Land Development permit should be ready to issue any day now.

53 14th St (Dual Branded AC/Moxy Hotel) - Site work should begin soon as the parking lot appears to be closed now.
Crazy to think if we're lucky 2 or 3 more highrises can break ground before the year ends.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 2:29 PM

Missed snagging a photo when I went by, but 1270 Spring's crane base is being installed.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 6:26 PM
Mmmm...Smynings...

Apogee Midtown

SRSS posted some updated photos of the construction site for Apogee Midtown today on their Twitter account (@SRSS_Architects)... They just reached the first residential level, so the 39-story tower should begin rising quicker from here on out!

Photos credited to SRSS

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 6:51 PM
Ahhhh KELLY CLARKSON!!!

Why hasn't the medical office tower, next to Apogee, started construction yet?

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 7:23 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
Seems like this question is asked every other week or so but there is still a two-story office building on the site that is occupied that still needs to get demolished before construction can start

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool View Post
With a non-vacant old building still on the site, I wouldn't hold your breath that this is going to break ground in the near term.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 7:50 PM

Quote:
there is still a two-story office building on the site that is occupied that still needs to get demolished before construction can start
If you mean the New South Construction Company building, I don't think that property was part of the deal. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2016, 8:23 PM
AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
If you mean the New South Construction Company building, I don't think that property was part of the deal. Please correct if I'm wrong.
I just got off the phone with New South Construction and the nice lady that I talked to said they have relocated and the building will be demolish for the new Northside office building

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations