HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 21, 2009, 3:32 PM

Metro Resorts - Ultra Lux Waldorf Astoria resort to open in July - The Dakota Mountain Lodge is already accepting reservations

http://www.parkrecord.com/ci_1175071...ce=most_viewed

The rear of the Dakota Mountain Lodge is shaped like a horseshoe, with a pool and landscaped area in the plans for the middle. Photo by David Ryder/Park Record

...Cindy Lawrence, director of public relations and marketing communications for Dakota Mountain Lodge, said the resort is the first and only property in the Waldorf Astoria Collection to be built from the ground up...

The lodge is more than a hotel. The resort has its own destination spa, prestigious restaurant and the Frostwood gondola to The Canyons is about 100 yards from the entrance. If all goes as planned, it will also be encircled by an 18-hole golf course within the next few years.
Its Golden Door Spa is the newest location of the company that developed the "destination spa" or spa vacation concept, Lawrence said...

Last edited by delts145; Feb 22, 2009 at 2:28 AM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 12:47 AM

Yeah, Utah seems to have a lot of nice landscape/ nature.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 2:33 AM

Definately Mid-Michigan. Each time I return from L.A. I'm struck by it and how right on top of or close it all is to the metro itself. Right now is an especially beautiful time in the Rockies. Allot of 50 to 60 degree days with cobalt blue skys and snow capped mountains.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 6:09 AM
Bring out the cranes...

I really love those renderings of "The Regent" Other then Tower 1, The Regent is going to forever change the Salt Lake skyline.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 11:20 AM

Downtown - A few misc. Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
Marmalade Rising

Hyatt at the Gateway

Arrowpress Square
Not the best shot as I was rushing by.

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 11:28 AM

A popular running, hiking, & cycling Trail, East Bench of Salt Lake City

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevena07 View Post
From my phone today, they pretty much suck, i wish my real camera was smaller so i could take it running.

This made me think we should put an ampitheater here. I mean you get this view, so its a win win, there just is no parking haha

by Stevena07

Last edited by delts145; Feb 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
Metro - The Ridge Condominiums - Under Construction

Website
http://www.ridgecondominiums.com/uta...velopment.html

The Ridge consists of four, 4-story luxury condominium buildings to be built in two Phases. Each building will be constructed above two-plus levels of controlled access underground parking. In all, there are 201 condominium residences planned for this exceptional eight acre site. Phase I consists of 95 total units: Building A (43 units) and Building B (52 units). Demolition and excavation activities for Phase I commenced late in 2007.
The parking structure for Building A is now complete, laying the groundwork for the vertical framing of the condominium units. Completion of the 43 units in Building A is anticipated during the next six months.

More pics.

Photos from ridgecondominiums.com

Great views

Photos from ridgecondominiums.com

The first building has the two levels of underground parking finish. Next up will be the four-stories of condo units.

Photo by SLC Projects.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2009, 2:10 PM

Southern Metro - Provo, Feb. 21st - Zions Bank - Under Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch_One View Post
Well, I didn't have my digital SLR camera today...just my little cell phone camera, but I wanted to post another update of the Zions Bank FC

Here they are... its up to about the 4th floor now... and they were even working on it today (Sat)

The Zions Bank FC in the foreground, the Wells Fargo bldg further in the distance. The proposed 11 story University Tower will be visible from this vantage point, behind the Wells Fargo Center.

Looking E SE down 200 North

by Wasatch One

Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 2:41 AM

Downtown Salt Lake City - February 21, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
Jumping the Tower 1 Crane

Tower 1

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 23, 2009, 1:02 PM

...Contd.

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 24, 2009, 1:10 PM

...Continued - Crossroads Block with Richards Court

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 1:28 AM

...Contd.

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 1:46 PM

...Contd.

ZCMI Block

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 5:18 AM

...Contd.

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 26, 2009, 4:22 PM

...Contd.

The Regent

by T-Mac

Old Posted Feb 27, 2009, 1:36 PM

Eastern Flank of Salt Lake City Metro

'Wasatch Back' growing fast

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...257356,00.html

Aerial View, Heber Valley, City of Midway

MIDWAY — The Heber Valley — known locally as the "Wasatch Back" — has been among the fastest-growing areas in northern Utah over the past several years. The area, which includes Wasatch and Summit counties, has seen its population jump 25 percent and its average home sales price nearly double since 2002...

Last edited by delts145; Mar 3, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2009, 1:44 PM

Downtown - Broadway Park Lofts

allenmillo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
Broadway Park Lofts

Photo Credit goes to Silus Grok from Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silusgr...56147/sizes/l/

Last edited by delts145; Mar 2, 2009 at 5:08 AM.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2009, 1:20 PM

Eastern Metro - Park City - Main Street Mall: changes will be dramatic

The Main Street-facing side of what is now the Main Street Mall will undergo a dramatic change under renovation plans that will put commercial space on the Main Street level and mostly residences on the upstairs floors. Courtesy of Park City Municipal Corp.

City Hall officials want to protect the street, neighbors during construction
by Jay Hamburger OF THE RECORD STAFF

Park City officials and the developers who want to refurbish the Main Street Mall are scheduled to continue their talks with the local government on Wednesday, bidding to win a favorable recommendation from a key City Hall panel to clean up the lot lines underlying the building.

Similar discussions about other properties typically attract little attention, but construction at the Main Street Mall, which is situated on prime land at 333 Main St., will likely have significant impacts on the street.

The Planning Commission is scheduled to hold a hearing and discuss the project at a meeting starting at 6:30 p.m. in Room 205 of the Park City Library and Education center. The panel might forward a recommendation to the City Council on Wednesday. The elected officials hold the authority in matters like lot lines.

Some of Wednesday's discussion is expected to address measures the developers will put in place in an effort to reduce construction disturbances to nearby businesses on Main Street and neighbors on Park Avenue. The mall sits in a tight location with businesses on the uphill and downhill sides of Main Street and houses on the Park Avenue-facing side.

According to a report to the Planning Commission, City Hall staffers want the measures to detail construction-staging areas, road and sidewalk closures and how the crews will work during busy times like the Sundance Film Festival, Independence Day, Kimball Arts Festival and popular ski weekends. The measures could also address construction deliveries and worker parking, the report said.

The developers want to refurbish the mall into a building with mostly residences on the upper floors and commercial space on the Main Street level. The mall is a hulking building that, with its contemporary architecture, stands out on a street with many Victorian buildings.

An artist's rendering of the Main Street-facing side shows a dramatically altered appearance that more closely resembles other buildings on the street. The mall's existing architecture has long been criticized by people who prefer the Victorian streetscape.

Kirsten Whetstone, the City Hall planner assigned to the project, said staffers have made a preliminary determination that the designs for the Main Street-facing side fit within the local government's strict guidelines in Old Town. Staffers in late 2007 determined the designs that had been proposed then met the guidelines, but they were later tweaked, requiring another favorable determination for the revisions, Whetstone said.

Whetstone said City Hall has received interest in the plans from business tenants in the mall and people who live on upper Park Avenue, the street directly behind the mall. She said some of the businesses had questions about relations between tenants and mall officials, and others had questions about mechanical equipment planned on the outside of the redone building and the construction plans.

She said she expects testimony on Wednesday from nearby business owners and upper Park Avenue residents.

Michelle Downard, a Building Department official who helped craft the proposed measures for the construction crews, said a covered walkway will likely be built to protect pedestrians on Main Street and the crews will be restricted from parking, receiving deliveries and accessing the site from Park Avenue.

She said City Hall wants Main Street traffic flowing as well as possible, but she said there is a "good chance" of partial closures of the street closest to the site.

The developer did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

Rick Anderson, who owns the Eating Establishment, a restaurant close to the mall, said he wants City Hall to make sure sidewalks are not blocked during the construction and the workers do not park in Main Street spots. He said he prefers the staging grounds be on Swede Alley and Park Avenue.

"I hope they can get it done in a season. I'm not sure they could," Anderson said. "My concern is traffic not be diverted. So much of Main Street business is dependent on foot traffic."

Last edited by delts145; Mar 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 11:51 AM

Downtown - City Creek Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by cololi View Post

Street level steel frame starting to move south

This is from under what will be the stairs into Nordstrom from W Temple

Retail frame starting to take shape.

This is the mock up for Richards St. Condos, actual brick color. I think what I like best is the relief that will exist in the window openings. you can't see the relief in this pic unfortunately.

Unfortunately, the complete mock up of Tower 1 with the skin is covered with plastic and the pictures from under it didn't turn out to well. This is what another mock being constructed with the glass installed.

This give an idea of the view looking north, a little obscured because we are standing on the the loading docks under Nordstrom.

That is all for now. I have more, but need to sort through them. RFPMCE: you are right. That is the material. They said that they have mold issues come up in lots of hotels in most climates, and cited examples in Vegas and Phoenix, so this is how they build condos now.
By Cololi

Last edited by delts145; Mar 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2009, 5:33 PM
Bring out the cranes...

South Temple Oct. 2006

Photo by me

South Temple Feb. 2009 ( Now )

Photo by T-Mac

Big improvement if I may say so.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations