HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 4:29 PM
loafing in lotusland

Meanwhile in Norway:

Video Link

Source

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 10:43 PM

I wonder how these guys are faring with their new proposed route for an overland highway between Powell River and Squamish.

Source:
https://www.vancourier.com/news/fixe...ion-1.23212001
https://www.facebook.com/PowellRiverFuture/
https://jervisports.ca/

Old Posted Sep 3, 2020, 10:44 PM

^^^

Norway is wisely developing major infrastructure and paying for it with their considerable oil revenue fund. Too bad we don't have that luxury.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Norway is wisely developing major infrastructure and paying for it with their considerable oil revenue fund. Too bad we don't have that luxury.
Exactly. Apples and oranges, and pointless to use as something we can aspire to; doubly so, now, given how Canada has turned its back on the resource economy.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s211 View Post
Exactly. Apples and oranges, and pointless to use as something we can aspire to; doubly so, now, given how Canada has turned its back on the resource any kind of economy.
Helped ya out there . (I'm just kidding, of course; I would never censor your words or opinions.)

I wouldn't necessarily say it's comparing apples to oranges; it's more like comparing a competent forward-thinking government to an incompetent virtue-signaling one. Although this reply should really be reserved for the federal government thread; I will quickly mention that if Canada was passionately ready to drop its natural resource economy that it should, in lieu, be heavily investing in other industries to actually support its population with this transition. -Which we are truthfully seeing none of, nor are we seeing any initiatives to try and aggressively re-train the population into industries that Canada would like to transition into. But what we are indeed seeing is Canada sell its natural resource initiatives to China including some sites being sold in the sensitive Arctic areas.

Pinterest - I use this social media platform to easily add pictures into my posts on this forum. Plus there are great architecture and city photos out there as well.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
Helped ya out there . (I'm just kidding, of course; I would never censor your words or opinions.)
You pretty much said what I should have said, and completely agree with the correction.

but

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure