HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

360 Condominiums in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Austin Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jun 6, 2006, 11:05 PM
SkyHigh

when are they going to start trying to sell these babies?

i haven't received any kind of response from the website query.

Old Posted Jun 7, 2006, 1:08 AM
BANNED

Oh. Another condo tower.

Seems like they just don't build enough affordable housing these days.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2006, 1:16 AM

Yes, and it will be the tallest building in Austin

For awhile anyways. I've been following this project for quite awhile now. The website says 3rd quarter this year begins sales. I hear starting in the 280-290s for a two bedroom. Per sq. ft. that's affordable compared to the rest of downtown, but not cheap.
So I've bookmarked this page and look forward to the photo updates. Thanks for doing that.
Or I could just drive by every so often

Any idea what kind of HOA this place would have?

I like the outside pool on the 10th (or 8th or 9th?) floor.
I hope they complete this project!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 2:53 AM

well yes, I understand the others are proposed, but this will be the tallest for a bit, unless the others start construction immediately, and build really fast!

Old Posted Jun 9, 2006, 2:54 AM

p.s. I need to get down to austin, I think its been 2 years! I used to go at least twice a year. They must miss me down at oil cans.lol.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2006, 10:56 PM
Keep It Weird

As I was driveing down to the hike and bike trail I drove past the 360 site. They have expanded the barricades further on either side of Nueces,and there are about a half dozen backhoes and such on the site, and they were all clearing and digging. I wasn't expecting to see them working on a saturday.They have 2 work trailers as well on the south end of the area. Progress should be obvious in the next month with this much equipment.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2006, 6:44 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

They are not just working on it durring the weekend, they are working on it in the middle of the night. I was out lastnight and it was just after midnight and we passed by the site. They had huge floodlights shining down on the area and there were several workers there. They are serious about getting this building done.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 3:04 PM
Austinite

Update from this morning's statesman:

http://www.statesman.com/business/co...3downtown.html

Downtown apartments, condos are on the rise

Red River Flats, 360 and Spring will add nearly 800 units to Austin fast-growing city center.

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Downtown's residential scene continues to heat up, with work started on or scheduled to start on projects at the eastern and western perimeters. Combined, they will add almost 800 condominium or apartment units to one of Austin's fastest-growing neighborhoods.

Two of the three projects will be high-rises and will be among the tallest buildings downtown when they open.

Atlanta-based Novare Group Holdings LLC and its local partner, Andrews Urban LLC, named their condominium tower at West Third and Nueces streets 360 for its promised view. One distinctive feature will be a lighted glass spire.

Size: 44 floors, 432 units
Prices: One-bedroom units starting under $200,000; two-bedroom units under $300,000
Architects: Preston Partnership LLC, Atlanta
Status: Official groundbreaking is June 20. Project will open in late 2007.

Red River Flats
South Carolina-based Greystar Real Estate Partners' project is set for the former Reddy Ice site at Red River and East Ninth streets. It will have underground parking and an elevated pool overlooking Waller Creek.

Size: Four floors, 120 units
Prices: Monthly rents range from $1,350 to $2,520.
Architects: Steinberg Design Collaborative, Houston
Status: Under construction. The first units will be available in July 2007.

Spring

At 400 feet, Spring will be 280 feet higher than city rules allow on the western edge of downtown. The condominium tower at Third and Bowie streets, near the old Seaholm Power Plant, is being developed by Perry Lorenz, Larry Warshaw, Robert Barnstone and Diana Zuniga.

Size: 36 floors, 220 units
Prices: $200,000 to $400,000
Architects: Rafii Architects Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia; Morris Architects, Houston
Status: Groundbreaking scheduled for January, with opening in early 2008.

More info:

http://www.statesman.com/business/co...downtownliving

Old Posted Jun 13, 2006, 8:27 PM
Resident Moron

looks good, hopefully ground gets broken soon.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 6:01 PM
Austinite

Update from Novare's 360 Website:

Construction Update
General Contractor J.E. Dunn began work at the 360 site in late May. Current onsite activities include clearing the site, laying out the column grid and other preparation work necessary to begin drilling for the foundations. An official groundbreaking ceremony is scheduled for June 20.

Sales Report
The sales center for 360 condominiums is on schedule to open later this year, with sales set to begin in early 2007. Look for an expanded website, including floorplans and updates on the sales process, to be in place at www.lifesurroundsyou.com later this summer

Old Posted Jun 14, 2006, 6:06 PM
Kodachrome

Good look'n tower... Vary cool Austin!!!

Old Posted Jun 15, 2006, 4:37 AM
JoeCooper

Are they working on this project 24/7? Or at least around the clock 5 days a week?

Old Posted Jun 15, 2006, 8:04 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
Are they working on this project 24/7? Or at least around the clock 5 days a week?
From what Ive seen of it, yes or if not 24/7 they are working late into the nights well after Midnight. I would assume they will be building non stop. They did for Frost Bank Tower and I would assume they want to get the building up and built ASAP because I believe the longest part of the process will be the interior of the building once the building is actually built.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2006, 2:03 AM
Keep It Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAPINM1
To answer that question, on my way to the hike and bike, I let my curiousity direct me toward 360's site, well to my surprise there was no work going on. The site looks interesting, after my walk on the trail I followed the trail along Shoal creek and I found a bridge that crosses Shoal Creek. It leads you to the fence of the sites perimeter not 15 ft from what appears to be a 60' x 80' grid of marking sticks on the SW corner of the work area, which is very flat and possibly compacted. Also an area leading away from the grid to the north seems to have some slats in an arrangement but this area slopes away from the main grid. I tried to imagine what the layout was but I'm clueless. I get the impression the footprint of the main tower is in the former grid, and I tell you that ftprint doesn't look very big, leading me to think the tower will seem somewhat narrow even from the wider side view. I also tried to imagine if it were in a NW to SE or vice versa orientation, again I haven't any idea! Also there is now 4 trailers on the site, I thought there were 2 last wkend. And there was a good amount of rebar in piles near the work trailers. Along the drive down to the 360 site I went by the Spring site and I'm not certain but I swore they had a smallish billboard up only last wkend, now I believe it is gone! I could have missed it, but I'm pretty sure it's gone. I think someone posted a pic of it on another thread, sorry I didn't go the the thread to post this. But I was truelly surprised to see the 360 site was not up and running Stray

Old Posted Jun 18, 2006, 3:28 AM

360 Hole

Looks like they dug a big hole. I guess that's interesting. I went to Nashville where they are almost finished with their 31 story Novare condo. Similiar to 360. Already 100% sold out so I could only see a model kitchen. Kinda weird. They wouldn't let anyone see a full model (as they did before it was sold out). But why have a sales office still open with signs advertising it? Anyways, it looked really nice and tall, and 360 will have 13 more stories. About the same price range as well. And the girl said it had been 500-1000 bucks extra per level you go up. will probably be similiar with 360 eh? Of course, a congress view will probably be more prime than the other side of the building.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2006, 7:13 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayone
To answer that question, on my way to the hike and bike, I let my curiousity direct me toward 360's site, well to my surprise there was no work going on. The site looks interesting, after my walk on the trail I followed the trail along Shoal creek and I found a bridge that crosses Shoal Creek. It leads you to the fence of the sites perimeter not 15 ft from what appears to be a 60' x 80' grid of marking sticks on the SW corner of the work area, which is very flat and possibly compacted. Also an area leading away from the grid to the north seems to have some slats in an arrangement but this area slopes away from the main grid. I tried to imagine what the layout was but I'm clueless. I get the impression the footprint of the main tower is in the former grid, and I tell you that ftprint doesn't look very big, leading me to think the tower will seem somewhat narrow even from the wider side view. I also tried to imagine if it were in a NW to SE or vice versa orientation, again I haven't any idea! Also there is now 4 trailers on the site, I thought there were 2 last wkend. And there was a good amount of rebar in piles near the work trailers. Along the drive down to the 360 site I went by the Spring site and I'm not certain but I swore they had a smallish billboard up only last wkend, now I believe it is gone! I could have missed it, but I'm pretty sure it's gone. I think someone posted a pic of it on another thread, sorry I didn't go the the thread to post this. But I was truelly surprised to see the 360 site was not up and running Stray

They may have finished whatever needed to be done before the official groundbreaking ceremony wich is on Tuesday. I havn't been by in several days but they were definatly working on it quite a bit the times I went by. Once I went by and it was at 1AM and they had flood lights and everything and people working. They probably wont be doing much till the official groundbreaking.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2006, 9:11 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

Just wondering, Is anybody going to the Groundbreaking Ceremony on Tuesday?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2006, 8:43 PM
Meh

News on the ground breaking of 360...

From the Austin Business Journal
http://austin.bizjournals.com/austin...ml?jst=b_ln_hl

44-story condo project breaks ground downtown

Austin Business Journal - 2:18 PM CDT Tuesday

Two real estate developers broke ground Tuesday on a new condominium development expected to become one of the tallest structures downtown.

Novare Group Holdings LLC and Andrews Urban LLC are turning dirt on the 360 Condominiums project, which will be a 44-story condominium tower with 432 residential units and about 13,500 square feet of street-level retail space.

The 580-foot-tall tower will be one the tallest buildings in downtown Austin, reaching 65 feet higher than Austin's current tallest building, the Frost Bank Tower.

The project is located on an abandoned parking lot in the southwest corner of downtown at Nueces and Third Streets, near the Austin Music Hall, La Zona Rosa, and Ballet Austin.

It was once set to become a parking garage by Intel Corp. (NASDAQ: INTC) before the company bailed out on its plans for a downtown Austin office complex.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2006, 12:40 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

It is fun watching downtown Austin blossom with new good looking towers.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2006, 1:58 AM
Keep It Weird

News 8 Austin did a story on the groundbreaking. The fella talking with the reporter was professional and businesslike, he talked about the building bridging the eastside with the westside of downtown and creating a continuation of the 2nd st. district. The reporter asked about what seemed to be a rectangular slot/hole that she thought was the building footprint, and the guy said it was the elevator maintenance area. This should give me a good idea of the buildings orientation the next time I visit the site. It is interesting how close this is to the Zom site, which is looking like a go. I talked to a guy working at Zom and he said they were putting up a 29 story condo with some retail. Also in my more recent post I mentioned the Spring sign was removed, I was wrong, I see the sign is out front of the little building south of office depot, my bad. I suspect that Spring will take a bit longer to get started. But that also would have a unique impact on the westside of the skyline, haveing 3 of the top 10 highest buildings. In the words of Matthew Mcconahey from Dazed and Confused - "It sure would be cool"

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive