HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 4:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
I was in San Francisco last week looking up at Salesforce tower thinking, It's going to be amazing once Austin breaks the 600ft barrier and soon be up there with the big boys.
Ahh, welcome to my side of the hood! Hopefully you checked out some cool spots like the new Salesforce Park or City Scape but if not, definitely check those out next time you're here!

San Francisco's skyline is going to look a lot nicer once Oceanwide Center is complete. It should compliment Salesforce Tower well.

Austin's skyline isn't even that bad even though there aren't any 700ft+ buildings. The 2020's will for sure be a drastic change for both cities just as the 2010's were

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 6:29 PM

Still waiting for Salesforce to announce a big new presence in Austin...

(I base that on nothing but my own pure speculation)

Old Posted Sep 12, 2019, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
You mean 700 foot barrier.
I meant 700ft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Ahh, welcome to my side of the hood! Hopefully you checked out some cool spots like the new Salesforce Park or City Scape but if not, definitely check those out next time you're here!

San Francisco's skyline is going to look a lot nicer once Oceanwide Center is complete. It should compliment Salesforce Tower well.

Austin's skyline isn't even that bad even though there aren't any 700ft+ buildings. The 2020's will for sure be a drastic change for both cities just as the 2010's were
I really liked San Francisco! I checked out twin peaks, saw nob hill went down to Peir 39 and drove down Lombard Street. Also did the Golden Gate Bridge thing across the bay. My first time ever to San Francisco and was extremely impressed. Was even more impress with the lack of homeless and needles that people kept saying. I definitely will be back to stay longer. 1 day isn't enough to do everything but was worth every moment I had that day.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post

My first time ever to San Francisco and was extremely impressed. Was even more impress with the lack of homeless and needles that people kept saying.
Thank god you didn't go to the Tenderloin district... lol

But definitely, if you or anyone here part of the Austin forum is planning to go to SF, lmk and I can give you spots to definitely check out

Old Posted Sep 13, 2019, 6:02 PM
Austinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Thank god you didn't go to the Tenderloin district... lol

But definitely, if you or anyone here part of the Austin forum is planning to go to SF, lmk and I can give you spots to definitely check out
Not to go too far off topic, but thought I'd chime in. Our favorite view of the city and the bay area was from atop Mt Tamalpais in Marin Co. Well worth the drive.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin