HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Nov 3, 2015, 8:07 PM

I'm calling it: Kerns is the next hot neighborhood. Ankrom Moisan Architects have requested Early Assistance for a building at 2869 NE Sandy Blvd:

Quote:
Proposal is for a six story apartment bldg with underground parking garage (60 spaces.)

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 3, 2015, 8:47 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
I'm calling it: Kerns is the next hot neighborhood. Ankrom Moisan Architects have requested Early Assistance for a building at 2869 NE Sandy Blvd:
It is just a matter of time before we start seeing Sandy blow up with development, though I know we have one prominent developer who owns the majority of the land along that road the last time I heard. I always figured we would see a streetcar line running along Sandy before we saw major development, but that doesn't seem like anything like that will happen any time soon.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2015, 5:56 AM

My notice of rent increase coming any day now. ;-)

Old Posted Nov 10, 2015, 8:12 PM

Tahran Architecture & Planning have requested Early Assistance for a project at 5325 NE Irving St:

Quote:
Demolish home and build new attached condos (7 units total).

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 8:33 PM

Staff Report and Recommendation to the Planning and Sustainability Commission [PDF], which recommends the vacation of NE Sandy between NE 12th and 14th in order to make the blocks developable. Looks like it went before them last month. Next step is City Council.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2015, 10:13 PM
Karma Police

That's great news. Weston's been trying to get that vacated for years.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 7:02 PM
A before E

Quote:
Staff Report and Recommendation to the Planning and Sustainability Commission [PDF], which recommends the vacation of NE Sandy between NE 12th and 14th in order to make the blocks developable. Looks like it went before them last month. Next step is City Council.
That is good news, hopefully it will be something better than the rendering. I have always wanted to see the site work as a bookend with the Burnside Bridgehead.

Old Posted Nov 24, 2015, 8:36 PM

Works Partnership have requested Design Advice and scheduled a Pre-Application Conference for a project at 1732 NE 2nd Ave:

Quote:
DAR for proposed buildng. See PC 15-265471

PC for proposed new building. See DAR 15-265477
606 NE 20th Ave has been submitted for Design Review:

Quote:
New 6-story, 54 unit residential building with ground floor retail and 18 parking spaces. 2 modifications: parking space width and bicycle stall width.
PATH Architecture have submitted Carbon12 for building permit review:

Quote:
New construction of eight story mixed use building; 14 residential units with below ground parking; two ground floor retail units; rooftop deck for the top two condo units only; see comments re: review by State of Oregon Building Codes Division; see comments re: review by State of Oregon Building Codes Division
A building permit was issued for a project at 424 NE Stafford:

Quote:
New construction of 10 unit apartment building with 110sf trash enclosure

Old Posted Dec 1, 2015, 4:03 AM

Request for Response [PDF] for Grant Park Village Phase II.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2015, 7:58 AM

Otak Architects have requested Early Assistance for a project at 1500 NE Irving St:

Quote:
New building – 2 options: either new office building – or new residential building. Hoping to meet community design standards.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2015, 8:41 PM

Notice of a Pre-Application Conference [PDF] for 1732 NE 2nd Ave:

Quote:
Pre-Application Conference to discuss a Type III Design Review for a proposed new 9-story mixed use building with ground-level retail and 8-floors of residential units. The building will include 116 below-grade parking spaces. Stormwater will be directed to green roofs and a flowthru planter at the southern edge of the site. A Design Advice Request hearing has been scheduled. See DAR 15-265477
I'm guessing that they're trying to get this approved before the new zoning code gets implemented, which will reduce the height on this block from 100' to 75'.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2015, 8:06 PM

Design Department have submitted a project at 533 NE Killingsworth St for Design Review:

Quote:
Design review for a repair and refurbish of building facade, new one-story building behind facade. New doors and windows and new patio dining areas.
A building permit is under review for a project at 2825 NE Columbia Blvd:

Quote:
Construct new 103,912 sq ft, 3 story self storage building with associated utilities, parking and landscaping.
Mackenzie have submitted a project at 6006 NE Holladay St for building permit review:

Quote:
New 118,162 sf four story self storage building**with 15-280089-MT & demos 15-280098-CO & 15-280101-CO**

Old Posted Jan 8, 2016, 12:24 AM

Notice of street vacation went up at both ends of the 2-block stretch of NE Sandy between 12th and 14th.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2016, 7:37 PM

A building permit is under review for a project at 4537 NE Fremont St:

Quote:
New 4 story mixed use building with ground floor retail and 50 residential units on upper floors. Includes onsite parking; fenced in electrical transformer
A building permit was issued for a building at 7900 NE Killingsworth St:

Quote:
50,400 sf office and warehouse. Plans include grading and surcharge for building

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 8:29 PM

Urban Development Group have requested Early Assistance for a project at 2761 NE Halsey St :

Quote:
New 3-story apartment building with 29 one- and two-bedroom units.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2016, 8:24 PM

A Conditional Use Review has been submitted by JRA Architecture & Planning for the Home2 Suites by Hilton @ Portland Airport at 7101 NE 82nd Ave:

Quote:
Construct a 99 guest room four story suites hotel . Remove existing restaurant and meeting room.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 8:18 PM

Baysinger Partners have requested Early Assistance to discuss the conversion of a building at 8000 NE Tillamook:

Quote:
Project will remodel the existing building with 33,100 sf grocery user, 51,000 sf office use and 50 residential units. Two new retail pad buildings will be constructed totaling 23,000 sf.

Old Posted Jan 26, 2016, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Baysinger Partners have requested Early Assistance to discuss the conversion of a building at 8000 NE Tillamook:

This could be really interesting or really horribly done.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 9:48 PM

City Council approved the vacation of NE Sandy between 12th and 14th today.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2016, 10:28 PM
Karma Police

Quote:
City Council approved the vacation of NE Sandy between 12th and 14th today.
That's great! Can't wait to see what Joe Weston has in mind for those two blocks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland