HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
The first leg of construction, the 14-story, 300-suite Embassy Suites Hotel, is scheduled to begin June 1, Hammons said. He expects construction to take 14 to 21 months, with an opening in October 2008.
I'm pretty sure that from June to October is only like 5 months, not 14-21.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 5:32 PM
Bring out the cranes...

"The first leg of construction, the 14-story, 300-suite Embassy Suites Hotel, is scheduled to begin June 1, Hammons said. He expects construction to take 14 to 21 months, with an opening in October 2008.."

I think they meant to say October 2009.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 5:54 PM

^^^
Guys, read the link posted for the updated article. I added an additional note, which clarifys again that the original article printed with the #2 rendering is simply to be used as a means of comparison of the new and the old proposal.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 6:39 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
^^^
Guys, read the link posted for the updated article. I added an additional note, which clarifys again that the original article printed with the #2 rendering is simply to be used as a means of comparison of the new and the old proposal.

Come on Delts, I'm too lazy to do that. LOL

Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 11:29 PM
Bring out the cranes...

"The additions will include a three-story, 3,500 square-foot building which is intended to be half retail space and the other half a bakery, a 4,300 square-foot warehouse for office space and storage and 56 new parking spaces, Willhite told commission members"

Old Posted Apr 26, 2008, 12:05 PM

Utah Lake Commission - Group Clarifies Utah Lake Vision - Cleaning up reputation is listed as major need

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...273571,00.html

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 2:13 PM

Thumbs down

Orem develper allowed to build disputed car lot.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...275321,00.html

This is absolutely ludicrous to allow in an area that should be a gateway for not only Orem, but the thousands of tourists that use this major corridor as an entrance to Provo Canyon. Orem needs to get it's urban act together.

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 5:22 AM

Still some life in the Frank Gehry project

Brandt Andersen (developer of the Frank Gehry project) updated his blog today with some information about the project. While delayed, and stating the obvious reason being the current market, it seems like the project may still have some life to it. Not much information was shared, but the fact that he isn't avoiding mention of it is a good sign. He also included a photo that shows some of the various concepts for the main tower.

Link to Brandt Andersen's Blog

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 12:00 PM

Latest News on Gehry Project.

Frank Gehry Project

Frank Gehry Project
...We have bought a building that will become the new headquarters for the Flash. To be announced-but it is a building everyone in this area knows. I am working with a very interesting up and coming architect that is connected to the Gehry/Lehi Development to make it something special (name to be announced). Details to come later in the summer...

Among many prototype massing models for Gehry Project at Traverse Ridge, Lehi

Other Projects:

We are in a tough market right now. Although we have almost completed the designs for the Iconic buildings in the Lehi project I am hesitant to show our work. News of "grand" Real Estate projects is quickly followed by skepticism. In this market I get it. There is not much institutional money out there for great ideas that are not backed with strong financial plans. Look at the projects that are being put on hold-look at the projects that are going bankrupt. I know very few companies related to the RE industry that are not a day or two away from going out of business. Here is the thing, those who survive will be richly rewarded. It is always the story. A tough market weeds out those who should have never been there in the first place.

The Lehi Project is different. We have been careful and have taken the steps to ensure long-term success. When we do unveil the new designs we intend to bring out all of our study models. You may be surprised to see the volume of studies. Above you will see a sneak peak at just a fraction of the number of physical model studies that have been completed.

We are getting close on several high-profile tenants that I believe will just add to the class of the development. I am anxious to show the plans-Frank can't wait to show these plans. I am convinced that the work and reconfiguring we have done is going to pay dividends. I believe it will bring people to the State. They will say I went and stayed at the Frank Gehry development in Lehi.

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 2:40 PM
Exit 298

Sounds like he's got confidence. But that still doesn't squash my skepticism.

Old Posted May 11, 2008, 3:55 PM
Bring out the cranes...

Quote:
:

The Lehi Project is different. We have been careful and have taken the steps to ensure long-term success. When we do unveil the new designs we intend to bring out all of our study models. You may be surprised to see the volume of studies. Above you will see a sneak peak at just a fraction of the number of physical model studies that have been completed.

We are getting close on several high-profile tenants that I believe will just add to the class of the development. I am anxious to show the plans-Frank can't wait to show these plans. I am convinced that the work and reconfiguring we have done is going to pay dividends. I believe it will bring people to the State. They will say I went and stayed at the Frank Gehry development in Lehi.[/SIZE][/FONT]

But when are they going to show these plans?

Old Posted May 15, 2008, 1:07 PM

Highland/Lehi - Expressway Redesigned -

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/266599/17/

Ashley Franscell/Daily Herald
UDOT has completely redone their plans to Highland Highway because of the backlash they received when they presented the original last month. Highland Highway during rush hour Tuesday, May 13, 2008 in Highland.

The state Transportation Commission, meeting next week in Highland, is expected to make a decision about whether to fund the entire Highland Highway reconstruction or just part of the work, beginning with the frontage-type roads. Avila said the entire project is estimated to cost $260 million.

Construction is expected to be completed in fall 2010.

Old Posted May 15, 2008, 1:26 PM

Anyone familiar with this beautiful old landmark will be glad to hear that it is looking like it will finally be restored.

Wren, Are you as enamoured with this old structure as I am?

Will a third attempt be the charm for Lehi hospital renovation?

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/266539/17/

Here's an interesting and kind of amusing/weird link. Apparantly this old building is pretty famous for being haunted.

http://www.utahghost.org/Ghost_artic...9-FD7E4A2851C2

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 1:05 PM

Commuter rail, bigger I-15 in Utah County's future

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/266682/17/

The Utah County of 2030 could look drastically different if the Mountainland Metropolitan Planning Organization's regional transportation plan unrolls as anticipated.

The organization, which works with the state Department of Transportation and the Utah Transit Authority on regional transit planning, anticipates the county's population will boom from about 500,000 today to more than 900,000 in just more than two decades, said Transportation Planner Chad Eccles.

Old Posted May 18, 2008, 12:43 PM

Trail project is on track through city of Lindon

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...tator-cvr-5174

Heavy equipment is being used to build an underpass below State Street in Lindon for Heritage Trail. (Stuart Johnson, Deseret News)

"It should be a wonderful amenity for the city," said Ott Dameron, Lindon city administrator. "People will be able to move freely back and forth from State Street ... get to the park and do it safely."

Although not the cheapest option, the underpass ranked the best in terms of safety, desirability of crossing and alignment, multi-use functionality and environmental considerations, according to city documents.

The underpass will be 160 feet long with daylight visible at both ends, plus lights in the tunnel and an anti-graffiti sealant on the walls, Dameron said.

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 1:13 PM

Lindon - Harley-Davidson, Motorcycle 'resort' built of Geneva Steel

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9317305

Timpanogos Harley-Davidson has used parts from the old Geneva Steel Mill in its new store just south of I-15 at Lindon. It's an homage to the old steel plant where the owner's grandparents worked. Here, workers weld a water tower from Geneva onto the roof of the building Monday. (Al Hartmann/The Salt Lake Tribune )

The interior of Timpanogos Harley-Davidson is under construction in Lindon. It has used parts from the old Geneva Steel Mill. (Al Hartmann/The Salt Lake Tribune )

But it is the industrial decor of the building that catches the eye.
There's no attempt to make it look fresh and new. The steel trusses and plates still have the patina of exposure on them, and the floorboards have the rough look of heavy traffic.
But getting the material was a bit of a challenge.
Tuomisto had to race demolition crews who only saw Geneva as a source of raw material that could be sold - not as historical artifacts. In some cases, they would give him three or four days to take what he could before the cutting torches were fired up.
Story said the shop has already gotten high marks from Willie Davidson, Harley-Davidson's vice president of styling and a grandson of one of the founders.
"He said, 'We're going to have to make cooler bikes to go with this.' "

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 1:33 PM

An homage to the steel days

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/266584/

A crane operator watches as crews assemble and measure a water tower on top of the new Harley Davidson dealership and resort Wednesday, May 14, 2008 in Lindon. The three-level dealership is built completely of reclaimed materials from bridges to railroad ties to old pieces of Geneva Steel. "You don't have to take every thing to the landfill," said Dave Tuomisto, owner. "You can build something beautiful with old materials." The resort will open in the beginning of June.

...Tuomisto said the new shop is one-of-a-kind in many ways, and motorcyclists will be attracted from around the country to see it Where most shops would have only a Subway inside for patrons, Timpanogos Harley-Davidson will feature a gourmet eatery, Marley's named after his young son...

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 4:44 PM
Wen Lambo

...hmmm, that reminds me, I need to get my Harley serviced for the summer!

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 5:44 PM

Lehi Hospital

Yeah thats funny I'm working on that project right now. Pretty crazy the day before I was there the wind blew the west wall in. Gave me the willies just walking in it. They are converting it into a massage place on the main floor and physical therapy on the upper floor.

Old Posted May 20, 2008, 6:56 PM

Very cool Dave that you're working on the place. Keep us posted. I was just over in Lehi this morning. It's amazing the number of awesome historical homes that are still standing, and in great shape in Lehi.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West