HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 4:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperpage17 View Post
Meh. It seems like a pipe dream to me.

Until I see actual major tenants signing onto this and shovels hitting the ground, Im not getting my hopes up. Between companies now preferring urban environment like Midtown to attract top talent and the fact that everyone still seems to write off everything south of I-20 as worthless no-mans land, getting developers / investors to sign on will be a tough sell.

But don't me wrong. Provided this master plan ever comes to fruition, it would a huge game changer for the I-85 south corridor
Quote from the article below. I think we can reasonably assume this is VW America. Since Porsche is owned by VW, I would think they would like to be in close proximity. Also, Delta has got to be in the market eventually for a new HQ building because their current one looks to be 50+ years old.

Quote:
At least one other corporate headquarters is interested. See the master plan here.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2018, 5:28 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Quote from the article below. I think we can reasonably assume this is VW America. Since Porsche is owned by VW, I would think they would like to be in close proximity. Also, Delta has got to be in the market eventually for a new HQ building because their current one looks to be 50+ years old.
The thing about VW is that since speculation started about them moving their HQ, they've had a CEO change and the dieselgate issue come up and things have been quiet since then.

But that would be awesome. I suspect it would have a similar multiplier in the SW Metro as Toyota has had in Plano, TX. Plus, they would be in a strategic location to poach from Kia and the Auto Suppliers along I-85.

A decade or so from now, even Kia may decide to relocate to Georgia (now, they're in California). Newnan or Aerotropolis would be a good location for them.

And yes, Delta is also a possibility.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2018, 12:43 PM

New development proposed at Cumberland, southeast of the battery. The more development and walkability that comes to this area, the better for the metro and potential transit expansion:

"Westplan Investors Acquisitions LLC is proposing a hotel, office building, retail building and an apartment building on 8.7 acres at 2800 and 2810 Spring Road, just across Interstate 285 from Cumberland Mall and very close to the new SunTrust Park.

The total building area would be 527,333 square feet, including a 6-story hotel with 200 rooms; 7,500 square feet of retail; a 3,500 square foot restaurant space; 65,000 square feet of future office space; and a 5-story, 310-unit "Class A" multi-family units."

Old Posted Jun 11, 2018, 2:04 AM

State Farm Campus

Old Posted Jun 12, 2018, 11:34 AM

Sports Ave & Spring Road by Cumberland:

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-than-300.html

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 3:24 AM

Progress on the Serta HQ at Assembly Yards.

]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkDAZYWn...-by=rjtrdesign

Old Posted Jun 16, 2018, 3:32 AM

^wow. had no idea they'd even started that

Old Posted Jun 22, 2018, 9:20 PM

"District" in Duluth

Last edited by Libertarian; Jun 22, 2018 at 9:39 PM.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 1:08 PM

Chamblee Proposal

This Chamblee proposal looks like a ton of surface parking next to a MARTA station. Not ideal.

"Edison at Eastside will contain 6 creative loft office buildings totaling 340,000 square feet, creating more than 1,200 new jobs in the city"

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ine#g/438918/2

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 12:11 PM

New Aloft Hotel to rise at The Battery Atlanta

Quote:
The roughly $60 million next phase of The Battery Atlanta will bring a new hotel, cinema and gourmet market to the mixed-use development that surrounds the Atlanta Braves' home, SunTrust Park.

Braves Development Co. is partnering with Encore Hospitality LLC to build a 140-room Aloft Hotel.

"It's going to be a really good complement to what we already have here," said Mike Plant, president and CEO of Braves Development Co.

The hotel will come to a site along Cobb Parkway that's near the existing DoubleTree Suites by Hilton. At one time, the property had been envisioned for a grocery store, but plans changed.

Now, the project will also include new-to-market theater Silverspot Cinema and gourmet market Savi Provisions, two tenants announced earlier this year for The Battery.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTAisSmarta View Post
New Aloft Hotel to rise at The Battery Atlanta
for that parking deck, but this is a great concept in general for the Battery, particularly w/the addition of Savi/a market. Apparently it was previously envisioned as a grocery. The less people need to leave the area, the better.

Last I heard, I believe Swapna would not be conquered w/this development. Anyone have confirmation it will remain?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 4:44 PM

Big redevelopment plans submitted for North Point Mall

Trying to "un-mall" the mall.

Quote:
The Sears department store that closed in July will be removed, according to plans. A new project will rise in its place on about 14 acres, including 328 apartments and almost 30,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. It will create a new entrance to the mall with a community gathering space.

Plans also call for new green space and community connections. That includes a 2.5-acre plaza with Spanish steps. A new multi-use trail system for pedestrians and bicyclists would be built along the road that encircles the mall. There would also be community gardens and bicycle rental stations.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...pharettas.html

Old Posted Aug 7, 2018, 6:02 PM

They could un-mall it better with a few backhoes, a wrecking ball, and handful of bulldozers ������

Last edited by Street Advocate; Aug 7, 2018 at 6:14 PM.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 9:55 PM

Serta HQ at Assembly Yards

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 5:04 PM

North American Properties joins 'High Street' project

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ody-mixed.html

Quote:
A more than 30-acre mixed-use project long-planned near the Dunwoody MARTA station and State Farm Insurance Co. campus is bringing on a national developer.

North American Properties will form a joint venture to develop "High Street Atlanta," a proposed 8 million square-foot project that has been in the holding stages for more than a decade.

Boston-based GID will remain the master developer.

North American Properties has developed the mixed-use town center Avalon in Alpharetta. It helped lead a turnaround of Midtown's Atlantic Station after the downturn. It has also built mixed-use residential projects on the Atlanta Beltline and it's redeveloping Midtown's Colony Square.

North American Properties will become the local partner in the High Street project. It will lead retail leasing, marketing and community engagement.

It's unclear when the project will break ground.

The city of Dunwoody has also placed a six-month moratorium on multi-unit building applications, permits and construction, which was first reported by Reporter Newspapers.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2018, 5:28 PM

Gwinnett approves Fuqua development 'The Exchange'

Its fascinating to me that even in places like the Mall of GA, they are talking about "walkability".

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...1140d80b0.html
Quote:
Gwinnett County commissioners approved a 64-acre regional mixed-use development with apartments, shops, restaurants — and a golf driving range — near the Mall of Georgia on Tuesday.

Fuqua Development is planning to build The Exchange at Gwinnett on the southeast side of the Buford Drive and Interstate 85 interchange with 500 multifamily residential units spread across six buildings, a four-story 123-room hotel and 337,000 square feet retail, restaurant and office spaces.

The one condition that commissioners placed on the development is that Fuqua has to reconfigure its site plan to make the project more walkable. Commissioners John Heard, who represents the district where the development will be located, and Jace Brooks raised concerns about the walkability of the proposal that was presented Tuesday night.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2018, 3:39 PM

"Walkability" is definitely one those development buzz words these days. Hopefully it's a gateway trend to better planning in the metro area.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2019, 5:24 AM
Fourth and Main

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

Credit: Me
This project by Pope & Land has a tenant and is under construction. I intended to post this last month. It is redesigned to better compete with Avalon, by adding bike share, trails (The Alpha Loop), more retail, etc.,.

There is also talk that North Point Mall is working on a mixed-use renovation to better compete against Avalon, using the former SEARS end of the mall.

Pockets of walkability, but how will these suburban communities connect them is a good question. Some will be connected, but others are isolated pockets of walkability. I think it's important to connect them.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2019, 2:19 PM

Greystar planning 180 unit & 8 townhome development for downtown Duluth.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...apartment.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta