HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 12:24 AM

First time in a long time for me driving on US-202. I was able to snag a quick picture of the Wilmington University campus here. First building looks complete. I'm sure more will be built soon because I can't imagine a "Campus" with one building.

[IMG]Wilmington University US-202 Campus (10/1/18) by jonesrmj, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 11:51 PM

76ers Fieldhouse - continues.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallCoolOne View Post

76ers Fieldhouse - continues.
Anyone have any idea what the plans are? Will they start developing around the fieldhouse/towards the new bridge?

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 10:27 PM

It is definitely Buccini/Pollin’s (and the City of Wilmington) goal to start to develop this side of the river. Recently, one of the last industrial hold outs (and a polluter) agreed to finally give up their plant very close to here, see this article:
https://www.delawareonline.com/story...nt/1042352002/

B/P Pollin has already cleared the land next to the Towers. With the new bridge, bike trail, 2 hotels under construction, the Fieldhouse, and this old plant seeking redevelopment... it’s really sooner rather than later for development on the other side. (But to answer the initial question, no definitive plans have been released for a new project).

Last edited by Jawnadelphia; Oct 11, 2018 at 11:04 AM.

Old Posted Oct 13, 2018, 5:55 PM

Quote:
=
B/P Pollin has already cleared the land next to the Towers. With the new bridge, bike trail, 2 hotels under construction, the Fieldhouse, and this old plant seeking redevelopment... it’s really sooner rather than later for development on the other side. (But to answer the initial question, no definitive plans have been released for a new project).
Oh really? I didn't know that. I'm sure you all know that I'd love to see a high-rise but that probably won't happen. Maybe another condo complex could go here like Christina Landing.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
Oh really? I didn't know that. I'm sure you all know that I'd love to see a high-rise but that probably won't happen. Maybe another condo complex could go here like Christina Landing.
So does anyone know what they're building in the vacant riverfront lot? Or who owns it? (Presumably BPG)

I'd heard a rumor awhile ago (I think on here maybe) that it was going to be a Delaware Swim & Fitness club facility, I emailed them our of curiosity and they didn't say no but it sounded unlikely.

Also just for fun, if someone handed you 30 mil and said you had to develop in Wilmington with it, where'd you go and what would you build? (Tall Cool One I'm taking a wild guess you'd go for a mid-high rise on the riverfront or in the CBD?)

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 7:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox View Post
So does anyone know what they're building in the vacant riverfront lot? Or who owns it? (Presumably BPG)

I'd heard a rumor awhile ago (I think on here maybe) that it was going to be a Delaware Swim & Fitness club facility, I emailed them our of curiosity and they didn't say no but it sounded unlikely.

Also just for fun, if someone handed you 30 mil and said you had to develop in Wilmington with it, where'd you go and what would you build? (Tall Cool One I'm taking a wild guess you'd go for a mid-high rise on the riverfront or in the CBD?)
No idea what is going on here, but I do know that Wilmington Aquatic Club bought the land at 700 A Street and is planning to build Delaware's first indoor 50 meter, olympic size swimming pool here! The team used to own the pool at 2150 New Castle Ave, New Castle, DE 19720, but they went bankrupt a long time ago and Delaware Swim Team (DST) bought it. It's great to see Wilmington Aquatic Club building back up again!

Also, If I had 30 million for Wilmington, IDK what I would put it towards, But if I did have the money, I would propose a master project to the hood areas to rebuild them up and help lower the crime. I also would put it towards Wilmington Airport to build a terminal and make it more attractable for airlines. And of course, you guessed it. I would also love to build skyscrapers and make Wilmington more attractable for corporations.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 9:39 PM

Safest investment - and honestly, I'm a little surprised it is still a grass field is the corner of Justison and West Streets on the Riverfront.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7369...7i13312!8i6656

------

But I'd love for a few more residential projects Downtown, the number of parking lots is frustrating.

There's a gigantic lot right behind where the Mid-Town Park apartment buildings went up - 8th and Orange. Hopefully, the Mid-Town project will embolden B/P Group or another developer to do something here.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7448...7i13312!8i6656

-------

Also here, at the 300 block of Market Street ... there's this grassy lot right next door to one of the coolest, old buildings in the city - Farmer's Bank Building (which has been expanded/renovated since the early 1800s when the State of Delaware enacted legislation to start a bank for the First State).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+...!4d-75.5513106

Old Posted Oct 14, 2018, 10:07 PM

All solid ideas, and would be ecstatic if any...or all came to fruition.

Agreed, it's incredible that riverfront lot is still just a lot, surprised no banks have approached them, I know some people who loved working down there just for the riverwalk alone.

For me, for some reason I've felt compelled to build a white brick french style apartment complex in place of the closed CVS building on market street close to the Res at Midtown Park. With the entrance facing W 8th St and a 1st floor restaurant (perhaps french cuisine?) facing Market. With black awnings and black grates half covering french door windows on each floor.... I feel like it would complete that Market St Block section and the french architecture would fit into the Opera House second empire feel and help give that block a distinct ambiance.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 3:48 PM

Wow Wilmington might have better looking intersections than any intersections in Philly in terms perfectly maintained of planters, curb extensions, brick sidewalks and crosswalks.

Quote:
Safest investment - and honestly, I'm a little surprised it is still a grass field is the corner of Justison and West Streets on the Riverfront.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7369...7i13312!8i6656

------

But I'd love for a few more residential projects Downtown, the number of parking lots is frustrating.

There's a gigantic lot right behind where the Mid-Town Park apartment buildings went up - 8th and Orange. Hopefully, the Mid-Town project will embolden B/P Group or another developer to do something here.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7448...7i13312!8i6656

-------

Also here, at the 300 block of Market Street ... there's this grassy lot right next door to one of the coolest, old buildings in the city - Farmer's Bank Building (which has been expanded/renovated since the early 1800s when the State of Delaware enacted legislation to start a bank for the First State).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/E+...!4d-75.5513106

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 5:24 PM
Philly Rising Up!

AmeriHealth Caritas to relocate HQ, add 1,000 new jobs

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...1-000-new.html

Good to see the burbs get in on the action.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post

https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...1-000-new.html

Good to see the burbs get in on the action.
The CEO lives in Devon and now they're relocating their headquarters from South Philly to Newtown Square, lol.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Quote:
After two years of exploration, AmeriHealth Caritas, the region’s largest Medicaid managed care company, is relocating its headquarters to Ellis Preserve in Newtown Square.

In growth mode, it will double the amount of space it now occupies and expects to add 1,000 additional employees over the next several years.

The company now occupies nearly 400,00 square feet between the Airport Business Center and International Plaza, where it has 3,000 employees between the two properties. It will move its corporate offices into a five-story, 378,000-square-foot office building that will be developed by Equus Capital Partners at the real estate company's Ellis Preserve campus off Route 3 and Route 252. That project also involves the development of a three-level parking garage.

The move doesn’t mean AmeriHealth will relinquish its presence near the Philadelphia International Airport. The company will consolidate into 373,000 square feet at the Airport Business Center. It will have that space renovated beginning in 2021 by its landlord, Keystone Property Group, and completed a year later.

While the headquarters will house corporate functions, AmeriHealth will continue to maintain what it described as “several key businesses units” and “operational functions” at the Airport Business Center, which will eventually house 2,000 employees.

So overall, I'm reading it to say that they will expand and have about 2,000 employees in each the South Philly location and the Newtown Square location, for a net gain of 1,000 employees. I like the sound of that! It makes sense a business like this would be expanding given the rapidly growing retired baby boomer population.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 10:52 PM

Yes, it sounds like a net gain of quite a few jobs which is always good for the area.

It's worth noting that the city of Philadelphia is lining up (if it hasn't done so already, the linked articles are a bit old) to acquire the International Plaza so it is only a matter of time that the building is demolished for some type of airport use.

Business as usual at International Plaza, where PHL may expand
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...n-tinicum.html

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 11:06 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanthusiat View Post

So overall, I'm reading it to say that they will expand and have about 2,000 employees in each the South Philly location and the Newtown Square location, for a net gain of 1,000 employees. I like the sound of that! It makes sense a business like this would be expanding given the rapidly growing retired baby boomer population.
Yes, that's my read too. Rt. 3 and Rt. 252 development has exploded with a Whole Foods (yet to be opened), luxury apt complex, and lots of retail. Also, I believe they secured funding to add and widen lanes around that development. It's been a long time coming. Glad to see Equus secure another tenant.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2018, 3:22 PM
Me?!?

Five Tower Bridge Sold in West Conshohocken. Second Office Building Being Added to Site
https://morethanthecurve.com/five-to...added-to-site/

"Another important component of the value-add strategy is to complete work with West Conshohocken Borough in finalizing, over the next few months, land development approval for an additional 200,000 square foot office tower on the Northern portion of the site fronting the Schuylkill River which will be named 400 Barr Harbor Drive."

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 2:49 PM
Me?!?

I have to say that while I have always liked Conshy/West Conshy, I have some friends living there now so getting the opportunity to see a little more of it and there are some really cool areas with great views in West Conshy.

First Look at New Office Building Coming to West Conshohocken

https://morethanthecurve.com/first-l...-conshohocken/

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
First Look at New Office Building Coming to West Conshohocken

https://morethanthecurve.com/first-l...-conshohocken/

Solid. The development has already been approved so Equus can build this whenever they feel like they can fill it. Conshy is a nice transit-oriented office cluster to have. Getting there on the roads is a nightmare, though.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 4:04 PM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
Yes, it sounds like a net gain of quite a few jobs which is always good for the area.

It's worth noting that the city of Philadelphia is lining up (if it hasn't done so already, the linked articles are a bit old) to acquire the International Plaza so it is only a matter of time that the building is demolished for some type of airport use.

Business as usual at International Plaza, where PHL may expand
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...n-tinicum.html
I wonder if they're going to move the UPS cargo facility there or add additional gates there. It's kind of a strange set-up. It's sandwiched in between Island Ave. and the current Southwest cargo facilities.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2018, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
I wonder if they're going to move the UPS cargo facility there or add additional gates there. It's kind of a strange set-up. It's sandwiched in between Island Ave. and the current Southwest cargo facilities.
I have not seen firm plans. I think they just wanted the purchase the land as a first step. A new UPS facility was planned at one point, but I believe that is no longer planned. First the runway that was planned over the existing UPS facility is delayed indefinitely. Second, UPS has invested in their current facility and over the course of 2018 increased the volume of packages it handles through PHL.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations