HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 22, 2017, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Why they don't put a spire on this and make it way sexier and at the same time the tallest building in North America is beyond me.
Originally the roof was going to be shorter but with a spire. Then they decided to increase the roof height but remove the spire. They want the WTC to retain the "tallest building in America" title. They won't add a spire out of "respect" which I guess is understandable.

But The Nordstrom Tower will be the tallest building in America by roof height, which is what most people count. I'm from NY and I never considered the new WTC the tallest building. The Willis Tower has a higher roof. I don't count antenna's or spire's. But The Nordstrom Tower will overtake The Willis Tower when it's completed which I'm thrilled about. For all intents and purposes it will become the tallest building in America.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive