HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 12:57 PM

it was in T& T digital copy this am , i am not sure how to properly add a link to the story but the existing residents there i think 6 should have been able to discuss the project with the developer according to 2 councillors ....as there were some changes made

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 1:26 PM

It's great to see the town finally get rid of the old fire station. I thought it was a white elephant from day one. Closing date on the sale is not until 3/31/21 because Cordova is focused on their development at 235 Coverdale Rd.
Quote from Riverview town website:
"At this time, both parties are prepared to waive their existing conditions on the purchase and sale agreement with a closed date set for March 31, 2021. The closed date has been extended into 2021, as Cordova would not have time to initiate construction plans on this project in 2020. Cordova is focused on its current development at 235 Coverdale Road, therefore this project could not start in 2020."

Last edited by jonny golden; Jun 9, 2020 at 4:00 PM.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 1:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Well, the closing date on the Chocolate River Station allows us to speculate on a probable starting date for The Current; possibly summer 2021.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Well, the closing date on the Chocolate River Station allows us to speculate on a probable starting date for The Current; possibly summer 2021.
Starting this major development in Riverview next summer would be great. It will be interesting to see if the final design remains intact. 10 floors would be a real game changer on Coverdale Rd.

Last edited by jonny golden; Jun 9, 2020 at 3:59 PM.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2020, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Starting this major development in Riverview next summer would be great. It will be interesting to see if the final design remains intact. 10 floors would be a real game changer on Coverdale Rd.
Combined this with the other coverdale project from Cordova and this will drastically change the landscape of "downtown" Riverview. There's still a couple real eyesores on coverdale I'd love to see modernized.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:43 PM

Buddha Bear posted a picture of a truck taking away their shipping container from the parking lot of Chocolate River Station today. They had previously posted that there was insufficient space to open safely with COVID-19 restrictions in place. Makes sense. It is a small patio, and usually quite busy.

Unsurprisingly, the majority of the comments on the Facebook post state that this is the death of Riverview, doom and gloom, Riverview sucks, etc, etc. Reading comprehension is really lacking these days.

A few minutes later, they posted a pic of it relocated to the west side of the same building.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
Buddha Bear posted a picture of a truck taking away their shipping container from the parking lot of Chocolate River Station today. They had previously posted that there was insufficient space to open safely with COVID-19 restrictions in place. Makes sense. It is a small patio, and usually quite busy.

Unsurprisingly, the majority of the comments on the Facebook post state that this is the death of Riverview, doom and gloom, Riverview sucks, etc, etc. Reading comprehension is really lacking these days.

A few minutes later, they posted a pic of it relocated to the west side of the same building.
I wonder if there is going to be a place for this shipping container business when The Current development gets built? Or could they somehow be part of the ground floor retail that's planned for the building?

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 2:48 PM

Quote:
I wonder if there is going to be a place for this shipping container business when The Current development gets built? Or could they somehow be part of the ground floor retail that's planned for the building?
i think there was a plan showing them still on the property just a bit further down the parking lot

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 2:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There's a mention on the CCD Canada website for Dobson Landing, Apartment Building "B"

This may be an indication that there may be some movement here within the next year perhaps.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post

I've lived in Riverview nearly my entire life and will never understand this desire not to grow or to panic from any slight change. Nearly all the residential areas are completely tucked away from both coverdale road and the pinewood shopping area.

Can people not do the math that more residents, more businesses = more tax resulting in more services and amenties available to citizens ? These large scale condo's/apartments also mean more customers for all of their favourite local businesses. Just incredibly short sighted. I've still yet to have a single opposer of this project explain to me how a 10 storey building ruins the view more than the current 4 storey building. There's no viewpoints in Riverview from housing despite the name. You view the River from the Riverfront. Many of these folk have likely also said at one point in time that the river is ugly.

The new spot for buddha bear looks like a great choice. I wonder if they are going to add seating on the larger patio area for now ? That space is not being used at all besides the odd cyclist or walker. You could setup a lot of tables there with room for social distancing, plus have room for a food truck on the dirt lot.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 5:58 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
There's no viewpoints in Riverview from housing despite the name.
actually the river is viewable from the apartments on Coverdale and the twin towers will ADD some 60 more residences with a view of the river.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
actually the river is viewable from the apartments on Coverdale and the twin towers will ADD some 60 more residences with a view of the river.
10th floor balcony looking over the river & Moncton would be a nice night view. Also the July 1 fireworks.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 7:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
10th floor balcony looking over the river & Moncton would be a nice night view. Also the July 1 fireworks.
A little bit too far upriver for the fireworks I would think.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2020, 2:58 PM

Once the Current is built, does anybody think it will be the start of an actual downtown starting to get built in Riverview. I can see more tall buildings built on the opposite side along the road.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2020, 3:41 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

If both "The Current" and the other Cordova project by the Moncton Golf Club get built, then yes, I think Coverdale Road will look entirely different in 30-40 years time as it gradually builds out.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2020, 4:03 PM

Quote:
If both "The Current" and the other Cordova project by the Moncton Golf Club get built, then yes, I think Coverdale Road will look entirely different in 30-40 years time as it gradually builds out.
Residential above ground floor commercial would go a long way towards any kind of a downtown feeling. It will be interesting to see what businesses in The Current, that Cordova leases to.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 2:44 PM
Random Contributor

Site work has begun at the Kensington on Pinewood.

Construction continues on the turning circle at Bridgedale Blvd

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 3:57 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The new traffic circle at Bridgedale/Gunningsville is coming along remarkably quickly.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 2:04 PM

Quote:

The new traffic circle at Bridgedale/Gunningsville is coming along remarkably quickly.
much better when you close the area to all traffic do not have to worry about machinery and cars

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 4:34 PM

Buddha Bear Coffee Roaster & Holy Whale Brewing Co. will be opening their BEER GARDEN behind the Chocolate River Station today at 3 p.m. The Holy Whale Beer Garden will be operating as an extended patio on the riverfront trail for the upcoming summer months

Holy Whale Brewing Co. opens beer garden on riverfront trail

they have some more pics on the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TownofRiver...994608/?type=3

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces