HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Did anyone else notice the couple making out in the 5th floor window on render. They are trying to appeal to the exhibitionist market, I suppose.
LOL. I see a couple kissing a baby trying to show people that families can live in condos and don’t need the burbs. I guess everyone interprets art differently.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 1:58 AM

Just a quick on the Farnham block.There is some steel framing up now. I miss Lydias but I'm happy Prairie Sun is moving closer to me as admittinly it's far more my speee these days haha.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 2:01 AM

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 3:41 AM

Haha you must have had that one queued up. It was way darker when we drove by. Thanks Echoes!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 5:17 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:51 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Did anyone else notice the couple making out in the 5th floor window on render. They are trying to appeal to the exhibitionist market, I suppose.
I think there's a baby/small child in between, but we see what we wanna see...

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
My thoughts too

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 2:10 PM

Escala Condo update: Yesterday they were drilling a hole on the front lawn of the Faith Alive Church for soil testing.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 3:15 PM

City proposes selling former bus barns in Caswell Hill in stages
The buildings at 321 Ave. C North are empty, but the site is believed to require the greatest degree of environmental remediation, according to a city report

Phil Tank, Saskatoon StarPhoenix
Updated: September 28, 2018

Quote:
City of Saskatoon administration will seek approval to approach the redevelopment of the former bus barns site in Caswell Hill in stages, starting with the most contaminated parcel.

City council’s finance committee will consider a proposal to offer one of the city-owned parcels of land that used to comprise the former location of Saskatoon Transit.

The parcel of land is located at 321 Ave. C North, north of 24th Street West. The buildings on the block are empty, but the site is believed to require the greatest degree of environmental remediation, according to a city report.

“The 321 Avenue C North site and buildings are currently unoccupied and ready for immediate reuse,” the report says. “The north buildings have been identified as being the most structurally sound with heritage and preservation potential being identified for the portion of building on the southwest corner of the site.”

Developers have expressed interest in transforming the portion the city wants to sell first, even though testing for environmental damage on the site continues, the report adds.

The city has estimated the cost of remediating the lands will be at least $2 million more than the city will get for selling the properties.

Saskatoon Transit moved operations to the new civic operations centre in the city’s southwest in January 2017, but left behind the contamination from decades of serving as an inner-city hub for buses.

Caswell Hill residents have expressed frustration with the slow pace of redeveloping the bus barns, but city officials have countered they could not proceed with environmental assessments until the buses were moved.

The report recommends the city explore the approach taken by the City of Winnipeg for Railside at The Forks, a redevelopment project that aims to transform 12 acres of surface parking.

The City of Winnipeg created a special corporation to handle the sale of Railside property. The City of Saskatoon has contemplated creating a similar corporation to handle the redevelopment of the bus barns, but that process could take 36 months.

The other factor to be considered in any redevelopment of the bus barns is the South Caswell Concept Plan from 2010. That plan envisions very specific uses for various parts of the former bus barns location, including community space, townhouses, parking and even a park south of 24th Street.

[....]
https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loca...hill-in-stages

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellk12 View Post
Im a little surprised how many of you are all for a city market format store. Ill forsure pitch this to whoever i can and see what happens. It would be pretty cool to see something like this come into our city.
I made an account here just to say I AGREE! That Extra Foods location on Broadway is destined for a more urban food retailer like this, IMO. The Urban Capital tower we're all talking about, Meridian's Escala a few steps away, and most significantly of all, the Baydo tower proposed directly across the street will be a massive boon to a City Market format store at this location. It makes perfect sense. Please make it happen!

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torvik View Post
I made an account here just to say I AGREE! That Extra Foods location on Broadway is destined for a more urban food retailer like this, IMO. The Urban Capital tower we're all talking about, Meridian's Escala a few steps away, and most significantly of all, the Baydo tower proposed directly across the street will be a massive boon to a City Market format store at this location. It makes perfect sense. Please make it happen!
Ill do what i can. Welcome to the forum.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 1:25 AM

Interesting to see that the Boychuck interchange is almost done and will finish months ahead of schedule. I had heard a rumour last winter that PCL had underbid the project by millions of dollars. Maybe getting it done quicker helps reduce their costs? Anyway, good news for the city! This interchange is badly needed.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 3:47 AM

I hope they will now focus on Marquist and 11 as well as Marquist and 16. I would also like to see Airport Drive but admittingly that one is far less important in the end. Even if they simply added a lane for people turning right to merge properly heading westbound. I'm glad i can make my Costco trips unencumbered now .

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatoonborn View Post
I hope they will now focus on Marquist and 11 as well as Marquist and 16. I would also like to see Airport Drive but admittingly that one is far less important in the end. Even if they simply added a lane for people turning right to merge properly heading westbound. I'm glad i can make my Costco trips unencumbered now .
Omg please do Marquis and 16. That’s would shave 5 minutes off my commute. every day

Old Posted Sep 30, 2018, 1:59 AM

on extra foods on Broadway couldn't you put the parking under the store at ground level and the store on the second floor?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bess View Post
on extra foods on Broadway couldn't you put the parking under the store at ground level and the store on the second floor?
Yes, the perfect example for this is in Vancouver. The Safeway on Robson and Denman. Parking at ground level with streetfront stores, the Safeway takes up the whole second level.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.29122...7i13312!8i6656

Throw a tower on top of it if you want to as well.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 5:19 PM

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 7:53 PM

Traffic Bridge party

Traffic bridge opened to the public today, they had a celebration at lunch, Mayor and most council was there, food trucks and dancers. Didn't take any photos of the festivities but took advantage of the new perspective to get a shot of River Landing progress:

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 9:35 PM

Nice picture Arts, view from the east side is really changing, just need those east side condos to go through to give west side condo owners a new view.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2018, 1:18 PM

edit

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 7, 2021 at 7:51 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan