HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jul 2, 2019, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Will the lower levels of the garage without the green siding remain as such? It looks relatively unfinished with those cut outs?
I would think there will be either windows or a metal grate to fill those in.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2019, 10:12 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
I would think there will be either windows or a metal grate to fill those in.
Correct, they will be filled with the green covering. They are not done with Link yet.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2019, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
Your photo captures the best part of the view from Little Rituals. It's unfortunate that much of the rest of the view is surface parking where the Suns tore down some old hotels. Still, the food and drink makes the place worth a visit, or several.
You're right. It's a nice little chill spot. Unfortunately, it's depressing to look out and see all of that emptiness across the street. I think the presence of Block 23 makes it even more apparent now.

Old Posted Jul 8, 2019, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azliam View Post
You're right. It's a nice little chill spot. Unfortunately, it's depressing to look out and see all of that emptiness across the street. I think the presence of Block 23 makes it even more apparent now.
It will fill in.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 12:30 AM

Not sure if any indication of movement but a variance request popped up for the lot where 2nd Phase is poised to begin (706 N 4th St) to reduce minimum parking space dimensions. Reference # is ZA-340-19.

Like I said, not much, but there hasn’t been much info as of the late on the next phase. Phase 1 is set to open in the next month. Looking at Apartments.com, all the units are listed with a Sep 1st availability.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 7:12 AM

Was snooping on the Link's website and they have a pretty cool interactive way to check out floor plans and availability!

Check it out: https://www.thelinkphx.com/availability#

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 4:42 PM

I noticed a new temporary construction wall going into the parking lane on 4th street. I wonder if this is signaling the construction of the second tower to the East of the first?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 4:50 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
I noticed a new temporary construction wall going into the parking lane on 4th street. I wonder if this is signaling the construction of the second tower to the East of the first?
I noticed it yesterday and tried to get a better look. I can't tell if it's too rebuild the sidewalk or if they are prepping for the 2nd tower. I noticed a sizable hole dug and most of the sidewalk missing, but nothing else.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I noticed it yesterday and tried to get a better look. I can't tell if it's too rebuild the sidewalk or if they are prepping for the 2nd tower. I noticed a sizable hole dug and most of the sidewalk missing, but nothing else.
With the apartment market the way it is, I would hope to see phase 2 start right away, The plan was for openings in 20, 22, and 23 right? if thats the case they need to start on tower two by the end of the year, its a 25 story building in its own right.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 6:06 AM

No renderings of Link Tower #2

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 1:45 PM

Was wondering the other day if the other two towers will need parking, or if they built enough in the one tower to support all 3? I kinda doubt it, but if they were serious about 3 towers, wouldn’t it have made sense to build one garage across the base of all three?

It would save money, but also I get that it creates more risk in the event they choose not to move forward with the other two towers.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 2:12 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
Was wondering the other day if the other two towers will need parking, or if they built enough in the one tower to support all 3? I kinda doubt it, but if they were serious about 3 towers, wouldn’t it have made sense to build one garage across the base of all three?

It would save money, but also I get that it creates more risk in the event they choose not to move forward with the other two towers.
I wonder if their intention may be to possibly keep the alleys between the towers? There's also a zoning variance request sign posted on the fence where the 2nd tower is supposed to go to change the number of parking spots allowed. It's been there for about a month or so, but I don't have the number to look up the exact request right now. It displays the address for the 2nd tower, so I'm assuming this is for the new garage that would be built for the 2nd tower.

Edit: Btw, the landscaping, streetlight and final plan reviews were all submitted on August 28th. So this one is still moving right along.

Last edited by CrestedSaguaro; Sep 6, 2019 at 2:23 PM.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 3:40 PM

Quote:
I wonder if their intention may be to possibly keep the alleys between the towers? There's also a zoning variance request sign posted on the fence where the 2nd tower is supposed to go to change the number of parking spots allowed. It's been there for about a month or so, but I don't have the number to look up the exact request right now. It displays the address for the 2nd tower, so I'm assuming this is for the new garage that would be built for the 2nd tower.

Edit: Btw, the landscaping, streetlight and final plan reviews were all submitted on August 28th. So this one is still moving right along.
tks

Old Posted Sep 6, 2019, 4:34 PM

Quote:

Maybe they want to be able to sell each tower independently after they are built.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2019, 11:46 PM
Modulator

Construction fence where the 2nd phase of Link has been removed and the lot is getting cleaned up. Also, a new sidewalk was poured last week. Not sure what this means for the 2nd phase, but I'm guessing it's not happening any time this year if they put in a new sidewalk.

Old Posted Sep 18, 2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Construction fence where the 2nd phase of Link has been removed and the lot is getting cleaned up. Also, a new sidewalk was poured last week. Not sure what this means for the 2nd phase, but I'm guessing it's not happening any time this year if they put in a new sidewalk.
Has this been confirmed?? Wasn't Phase 2 chugging along and pulling permits?

Old Posted Sep 19, 2019, 12:37 AM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Has this been confirmed?? Wasn't Phase 2 chugging along and pulling permits?
It's had some permits go through. Unfortunately that's no guarentee of moving dirt quickly. If the sidewalk wasn't rebuilt, I would say soon. I've been trying to catch the construction crew after work and pry for some info. But they seem to leave early now.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 9:51 PM

The Link Phase 2?

Fact Finding Plan Review submitted for the Link, possibly for Phase 2? The address is for 713 N 3rd st which looks like it would be for the building north of phase 1...

https://apps-secure.phoenix.gov/PDD/...ype=PlanReview

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
Fact Finding Plan Review submitted for the Link, possibly for Phase 2? The address is for 713 N 3rd st which looks like it would be for the building north of phase 1...

yep phase 2 is supposed to be 25 ish floors and Phase 3 next to proxy at 21 floors

The original general massing render, obviously the exact design is different but the towers Im pretty sure will fit this roughly

Old Posted Oct 9, 2019, 10:19 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post

Strange they are already working on the phase 3 plan reviews before they've broken ground on phase 2. Possibly build these both concurrent?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest